LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 600H press Conference Live 9:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 pg52

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-06, 11:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by h2o_247
Hi guys,

Sorry for my ignorance. BUt can any of you explain what "RSES" is?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Felix
Rear Seat Entertainment System
Old 05-20-06, 11:56 AM
h2o_247
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

LexArazzo,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

On the other hand, it seems to me that the white 460 is the base model, and the blue 460 is the fully loaded version. The blue one's interior has the driver monitoring sensor. Not too sure whether NA cars will be equipped with this or as an option.

felix
Old 05-20-06, 02:53 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So far, indications are unclear whether the SWB will have the RSES option. AFAIK, it seems that N Am will not get the RSES option. However as these pics indicate, it appears that the 460 SWB in Japan will have it...along with reclining/memory rear seats (just like 430 UL).

And the pic I posted--evidently there is no shiatsu massage, no sure about vibrating, etc.
Old 05-20-06, 03:06 PM
h2o_247
Driver

i agree with enigma354.

Don't think the 460 will have both the massaging and vibrating seats

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3..._247/cn_19.jpg

felix
Old 05-20-06, 04:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl

so there is only one memory setting for the rear seat? what is the c for? clear?
I checked my LS 430 manual, here's how it works currently for those lucky UL owners:

SET: memorizes the rear seat memory settings

M: recalls the rear seat memory settings

C: returns rear seat to 'upright and locked' position when you open the door.
Old 05-20-06, 04:34 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enigma354
So far, indications are unclear whether the SWB will have the RSES option. AFAIK, it seems that N Am will not get the RSES option.
I think it's quite clear to me that the unit on the SWB car's ceiling is indeed an RSES. Compare the following two pics, and you'll see the unit before the black square on the ceiling must be a flipped-down screen (and the vanity mirror in the first pic happens to be blocked by the passenger's headrest).

Hopefully N. America will get it too. It'll kinda suck if we don't (come on, even the Infiniti M has it).

Last edited by XeroK00L; 05-20-06 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-20-06, 05:08 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

^^^
Those pics indicate that quite probably the SWB JDM version has the RSES.

Including access to the onboard HDD (who knows how many GB the JDM version is), and DTV...
Old 05-20-06, 06:02 PM
h2o_247
Driver

if i am not mistaken, the HDD size currently available to the JDM GS and IS is 30gb. As a result,
i think the JDM LS will have nothing less than 30gb. Not too sure abt. the NA cars.

Felix
Old 05-20-06, 08:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

So far, indications are unclear whether the SWB will have the RSES option. AFAIK, it seems that N Am will not get the RSES option. However as these pics indicate, it appears that the 460 SWB in Japan will have it...along with reclining/memory rear seats (just like 430 UL).

And the pic I posted--evidently there is no shiatsu massage, no sure about vibrating, etc.
I checked my LS 430 manual, here's how it works currently for those lucky UL owners:

SET: memorizes the rear seat memory settings

M: recalls the rear seat memory settings

C: returns rear seat to 'upright and locked' position when you open the door.
ok i think we just need to be a bit careful here calling it RSES though. the RSES (at least called so in the US) includes the dvd, massager, reclining seats, and also the foot rest.

like i said, i don't think there is any way the foot rest will work on the swb car, it doesn' tmake sense. and from pics we see that it doesn't have the massager as well

so maybe in japan there is an option to get JUST the dvd systems? i really hope so and that there will be such option here in the US, that would sell much better of ocurse

but at least here in the US, from teh brochure i got, there will be no RSES on ls460, has to be ls460l in order to get that package
Old 05-20-06, 08:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Henry is correct. At least in the US, the RSES is actually part of the 4-seat package, so you probabbly won't get the DVD rear seat entertainment sytem with flip down monitor etc., without getting the LWB version : CLICK HERE
Old 05-20-06, 09:12 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
ok i think we just need to be a bit careful here calling it RSES though. the RSES (at least called so in the US) includes the dvd, massager, reclining seats, and also the foot rest.

like i said, i don't think there is any way the foot rest will work on the swb car, it doesn' tmake sense. and from pics we see that it doesn't have the massager as well

so maybe in japan there is an option to get JUST the dvd systems? i really hope so and that there will be such option here in the US, that would sell much better of ocurse

but at least here in the US, from teh brochure i got, there will be no RSES on ls460, has to be ls460l in order to get that package
The terminology for these luxury packages is rather interesting! The Lexus LS teaser site calls the *ultimate* package simply the Premium Four Seat Package which includes the footrests, etc. Clearly the 460 shown in those pics does not have the Premium Four Seat Package that the 600h L in the pics has, and the 460 L might have. But the 460 shown in the pics does have some sort of rear seat entertainment system...like the RX has:

http://lexus.com/models/glossary.html?entry=rses
http://lexus.com/assets/models/galle...l_img_5_lg.jpg

I'm guessing that the Lexus JDM LS 460 also has rear seat recline (more modest like perhaps the driver's side rear seat on Premium Four Seat Package), since that is available on the LS 430...and I think the pics show them as well.

I would be a bit miffed if Lexus decides that to *force* people to buy the 460 L / 600h L, they will have to buy those in order to have the special gadgets and gizmos (cool box, PFSP, etc). It would really be great if 460s come with the backseat DVD option, and reclining seats without footrest. But already Lexus is giving its home market more choices, such as offering the 600h alongside the 600h L, and minidisc player, probably larger HDD, etc.
Old 05-20-06, 09:28 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

. . . I would be a bit miffed if Lexus decides that to *force* people to buy the 460 L / 600h L, they will have to buy those in order to have the special gadgets and gizmos (cool box, PFSP, etc). It would really be great if 460s come with the backseat DVD option, and reclining seats without footrest. But already Lexus is giving its home market more choices, such as offering the 600h alongside the 600h L, and minidisc player, probably larger HDD, etc.
I think Lexus probably reasons that in N.America, the SWB version are offered to those who don't care for rear seat passengers features/comfort. Those that do care is either chauffeur driven or carry a family around often so that those rear seat features becomes important. For Japan/Asia, it's a little different I guess, people there are smaller on average.

I think the more important question is that whether they should offer the RSES in the LWB version here without the 4 seat option, since from the mini-brochure, it seems the RSES is only available with the 4-seat option.
Old 05-20-06, 11:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

umm good point there enigma, maybe they are two different things, just one including another. i am confused too now @_@ but bottom line is i definitely hope they have the rear dvd system here in the US without getting the 4 seats option, i think that's going to sell a lot better.

regarding the foot rest and such on the ls460 swb, i still don't think it makes sense, there are just not enough room and it would be like you doing something that cant' funtion, that's not like lexus. could they be showing the ls600hl? i dont know, just saying out loud here.
Old 05-21-06, 01:10 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

^^^
Completely agreed. They should make RSES a possibility without the Premium Four Seat Package. I think that there shouldn't be a foot rest on the 460, but a seat recline (modest like the 430 UL) would be nice--and it appears the JDM one offers that...
Old 05-21-06, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

^^^
Completely agreed. They should make RSES a possibility without the Premium Four Seat Package. I think that there shouldn't be a foot rest on the 460, but a seat recline (modest like the 430 UL) would be nice--and it appears the JDM one offers that...
good point on the reclining seat too, they had it on the ls430UL so i don't see why they would take that out and ONLY package it with the PFSP (hahhaa we are coming up with all these short forms here ). it just doesn't make sense. it makes getting a car much harder imho....

Quick Reply: LS 600H press Conference Live 9:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 pg52