LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Radio issue's

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-21, 08:11 PM
DrXls430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio issue's

So I am having issues with my stereo, discovered that the constant 12v is not there, so for experimental purposes i jumpered from another constant 12v source and everything started working, amp and all. I checked all fuses with a test light all are good everywhere I checked every fuse in the car. How do I get my constant 12v back to that wire?
FYI this site has been a life saver for trouble shooting stereo issue.
great job to all who runs and uses this site.
thanks
Old 08-18-21, 08:12 PM
DrXls430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DrXls430
So I am having issues with my stereo, discovered that the constant 12v is not there, so for experimental purposes i jumpered from another constant 12v source and everything started working, amp and all. I checked all fuses with a test light all are good everywhere I checked every fuse in the car. How do I get my constant 12v back to that wire?
FYI this site has been a life saver for trouble shooting stereo issue.
great job to all who runs and uses this site.
thanks
I'm new, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot.
Old 08-19-21, 01:17 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 198 Posts

Sounds to me like ya have a busted wire somewhere in the power feed to the radio.
Such things can be a PITA to find. If you need a constant 12v on that line, you can run a line from the battery via a fuse, or fit one of those piggyback fuse connectors and take the power from there.
If you do, make sure that you remove/cut the original power wire as otherwise you can get some weird effects if it reconnects.
Old 08-19-21, 08:32 AM
DrXls430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BigBoomer
Sounds to me like ya have a busted wire somewhere in the power feed to the radio.
Such things can be a PITA to find. If you need a constant 12v on that line, you can run a line from the battery via a fuse, or fit one of those piggyback fuse connectors and take the power from there.
If you do, make sure that you remove/cut the original power wire as otherwise you can get some weird effects if it reconnects.
That would work and is a good idea, but I was hoping on finding out where that wire went as all fuses are good, so if the wire is broken it .could short out else where down the line. It is still fused so I guess the fuse would just pop. It is A PITA to trace wires so ill probably just piggy back it. Thanks for the reply much appreciated