LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Amp Bypass Harness ML "ONLY"

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-18, 01:32 AM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Amp Bypass Harness ML "ONLY"

So with a lot of research and visiting the wrecking yards more then i can count for crossing referencing. I have found the harness that make amp install almost plug and play almost "repin 4 wires".
I did it this way just in case i wanted to change cars are go back to a stock set up everything would still be plug and play. And i don't like tapping in or cutting harness if i don't have too just me i guess.
I picked this kit up for 27 dealer cost at my friend Car audio shop

Metra 70-8117 Amp Bypass Harness

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-dEQkxw...xoC16oQAvD_BwE

The Middle set of wires off the Harness will be your four door speakers but to get the other teeters you will have to re-pen , which in this case is super simple and easy.
Double Green's Purple White and Grey

Metra 70-8117 Amp Bypass Harness
The Green Orange & Green Pink will Move one to the far right of the harness
The White Brown & Blue Pink will be moved to the center of the harness " two open spots on the bottom row"

The kit's wires are super long , cut what you don't need "please leave services loop you'll thank me later '.

Back of Harness

its as easy as that. Now you can run the wires back up to the deck if you like and run the speaker work off of deck power, or amp kit it and run rca like me .

*****Side note this dose not work for the sub i could not find a harness that would plug and play one for the sub.

My instantiating went something like this.

Mic mod " and yes i did create a cover to block nose form all direction pvc and cl glue"

Mic mode fits sung and hidden just like i like it

Kenwood front facing camera plug and play with new Kenwood deck

Factory location for gps antenna

Last edited by ARCHIVES; 11-11-20 at 10:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ARCHIVES:
DaveGS4 (09-29-18), Kira X (10-10-18)
Old 09-28-18, 04:02 AM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 256 Likes on 166 Posts

Nice work! I ended up cutting and splicing the stock amp output wires to hook them up to my aftermarket four channel and mono amps. Wish I had gone your route.

Quick question: what did you do as far as the crossover for the tweeters? Here's what I did: I retained the stock tweeters, except that I used the crossover that came with my component speakers and have them powered by my four channel amp. Doesn't sound the best actually -- but there's no shot I'm tearing apart the dash to get to the stock tweeters. I might just buy some real nice Focal coaxials and put them in the front doors and bypass the stock tweeters altogether.

Last edited by Peacebay; 09-28-18 at 04:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ARCHIVES (09-29-18)
Old 09-29-18, 10:44 AM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

I went with a set of Alpine crossover , it sounds ok like you said. But I got to upgrade I just have the stock speaker's right now.
Old 09-29-18, 02:30 PM
03TXLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a picture of your harness by chance? I just tore apart my trunk to install a mono amp, trying to tap into the stock harness for the speaker outputs and remote on, but my plugs and wires look completely different than any write-up’s I’ve found. If this harness can solve this problem I’d be a thousand times thankful!! Here’s a picture of mine.

Mine has an open plug spot 3 plug holes down, all the picture I find don’t have any open plug holes. Also, my wires are different colored than any write-up’s I’ve found. I have a 2003 LS430 ML with Nav.

Old 09-29-18, 07:27 PM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 03TXLS
Do you have a picture of your harness by chance? I just tore apart my trunk to install a mono amp, trying to tap into the stock harness for the speaker outputs and remote on, but my plugs and wires look completely different than any write-up’s I’ve found. If this harness can solve this problem I’d be a thousand times thankful!! Here’s a picture of mine.

Mine has an open plug spot 3 plug holes down, all the picture I find don’t have any open plug holes. Also, my wires are different colored than any write-up’s I’ve found. I have a 2003 LS430 ML with Nav.

I think the harness will work for you too , as long as you repin for your year gourp

Last edited by ARCHIVES; 09-29-18 at 07:45 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-01-18, 07:34 AM
SlkySmooth
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job where'd you end putting that microphone?
Old 10-01-18, 03:38 PM
03TXLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ARCHIVES
I think the harness will work for you too , as long as you repin for your year gourp
Just to clarify, does the harness come with the repin instructions or do I have to figure that out with a voltmeter?
Old 10-02-18, 04:49 PM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

You would have to figure out your self , voltmeter works great. Once you found the power ground constant and Remote turn on the rest should be speakers.
Old 10-02-18, 04:51 PM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SlkySmooth
Nice job where'd you end putting that microphone?
It's up top in the center console overhead, clear and crispy sounds.
Old 10-09-18, 07:35 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

This sounds interesting, but i’m a little confused.

Basically using this harness would pickup the signal before the factory amplifier? Therefore, you would have to replace the factory headunit?

Or is this after the amplifier, and pickup the signal to each speaker?

I want to keep the head unit, but picking the signal to each speaker to send to a separate processor (while keeping factory navigation working).

Thanks,
Old 10-09-18, 10:09 PM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

Yes this is a bypass harness, your will loose the function of your factory amp and it could be possible to still use your factory deck not 100%. I myself went with a new double din and front facing camera. My factory Navigation still work just fine but that's because of the Beats Sonic kit and it control box that mimics the old factory head unit so it can turn on.

Last edited by ARCHIVES; 10-11-18 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-28-18, 10:08 AM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

I went a head and changed my door speakers which were completely blown out
Old 05-16-20, 07:21 PM
1UZ92SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARCHIVES
I went with a set of Alpine crossover , it sounds ok like you said. But I got to upgrade I just have the stock speaker's right now.
do you know what the factory ML door speakers are rated for (watts)? Did the alpine xovers fit okay in the dash? This thread is the s***! If you figure out the sub wiring you should create another detailing that.
Old 05-18-20, 09:41 AM
ARCHIVES
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 1UZ92SC
do you know what the factory ML door speakers are rated for (watts)? Did the alpine xovers fit okay in the dash? This thread is the s***! If you figure out the sub wiring you should create another detailing that.
Sorry for the late response , I'm not sure of the factory watts on the door speakers. My everything fit just fine in the dash. I have another setup coming soon , currently station in japan buying car parts and other goodies. Check my post on my TOM's Edition LS430
Old 09-09-20, 10:49 AM
04silver4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great thank you very much!

Last edited by 04silver4; 09-09-20 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Amp Bypass Harness ML "ONLY"