LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Arnott Air Struts

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-18, 02:38 PM
nc356
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As to the resistor they say they provide:
I suppose more research is needed on this; just going from memory, disconnecting the adjuster, which is a motor driven gearbox, doesn't set any codes. Never heard of a "service suspension" warning either, but maybe I'm not as smart as I think.
But a resistor isn't usually a substitute for a motor.
Need to ask Arnott to confirm and clarify.
Old 02-23-18, 10:00 AM
Hagar
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hagar
Look up 5t341th, he has four UL struts. Not sure of the condition.
Then try to find a shop to rebuild them. The shop that did, doesn't anymore. I just got an email back yesterday from them.
Another shop on you tube video showed a place possibly rebuilding or selling a replacement strut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6uCw5OVy7Q

I have an email out to them today to find out more. (just in case) and then there's always the Japanese used replacement. Probably with very few miles. Just look at how big Japan is. I think or remember they have a law they have to replace vehicles every five years for smog?
So I got an email today finally from them and a pricing for air struts. I'm a little skeptic because the price is so low?

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your email.

Attached price of the Lexus LS430 for your checking.
Any questions, please feel free to contact with us.

Yours sincerely,

Phoenix C

Sales Manager

Guangzhou ZhongHongGu Auto Parts

Mobile/Whatsapp: +86-18688431306
Attached Thumbnails Arnott Air Struts-lexus.png  
Old 02-23-18, 12:09 PM
ArnottInc
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Arnott designed new Air Struts for the Lexus LS

Arnott normally starts off supporting new vehicle makes and models by remanufacturing used OE core struts. Unfortunately our engineers were not impressed with the LS original equipment cores we received. They just didn't meet our stringent criteria for remanufacturing so we jumped right to designing our own struts for the LS. Arnott's completely new struts are built from the ground up with new quality components including all-new custom-valved shocks with zero miles on them. These shocks are engineered and rigorously tested on dyno machines and then driven countless miles on Arnott's test cars. The goal is to produce air struts capable of performing as close to the OE as possible and the proof is in the driving: most drivers love the new strut's ride, handling, and of course the price. While our new shock does not support the 12 plus year old vehicle's active-damping functionality - the new damper provides an excellent ride that adapts to the driver's style.

Part AS-2894 is an Arnott engineered new air suspension strut for the front right or left of the 2001-2006 Lexus LS 430 (UCF30 Chassis) with the Height Adjustable Suspension option including the LS Ultimate Luxury edition. This new air strut is assembled in the USA with Arnott's long-lasting seals, O-rings, bump stop, heavy-duty crimping rings, OE style quick connect air fitting, sensor to turn off any dashboard air suspension warning lights and a dust boot to protect the shock. Arnott designed new struts are an excellent alternative for aging air suspension systems because they provide the luxury, comfort and auto leveling of air springs but replace the aging 12+ year old used stock shock with a completely new shock custom-valved to provide a great ride at a more affordable price.

Features:
  • New Custom-Valved Shock Absorber
  • Multi-Ply ContiTech Air Spring Bladder
  • Pre-Assembled for Easy Installation
  • Fits Left or Right
  • Detailed Installation Manual Available
  • Designed & Assembled in the USA
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty and 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
For more information click here: https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...30-ucf30-01-06

Last edited by ArnottInc; 02-23-18 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-23-18, 02:37 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

the Arnott's are interesting and I would consider them.

What is the "active damping functionality" referred to??? the ability to switch from sport to regular mode???
Old 02-23-18, 02:40 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Japan used struts are a great alternative. Yes, it is true their cars get very few miles---because of the quite expensive inspection requirement in year 5 or so of any car's life, and also because the Japanese do not commute with their cars. I wouldn't hesitate to get one from over there if the price + shipping is right.
Old 02-23-18, 03:00 PM
lt1fire
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toddmorr
Japan used struts are a great alternative. Yes, it is true their cars get very few miles---because of the quite expensive inspection requirement in year 5 or so of any car's life, and also because the Japanese do not commute with their cars. I wouldn't hesitate to get one from over there if the price + shipping is right.

Being that I don't speak Japanese what site did you get used struts from Japan on?
Old 02-23-18, 06:41 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lt1fire
Being that I don't speak Japanese what site did you get used struts from Japan on?
you can find them quite often on ebay.
Old 02-23-18, 07:57 PM
Piece101
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by toddmorr
What is the "active damping functionality" referred to??? the ability to switch from sport to regular mode???
The electronic modulated air suspension make adjustments on damping based on driving condition. LS 430 promotional video on YouTube talks about the system making adjustments 100 times per second to improve driving comfort and stability. On UL's with PCS - if the PCS detect object that can not be avoided, it will apply powerful braking and firming-up front shock to prevent forward pitching. Also, during high speed the system will lower the car I believe by one inch to improve aerodynamics. That is how they got 0.25 coefficient of drag for car equipped with air shocks.

Below are peremeters used in LS 400 TEMS system which should be the same or improved for LS 430
  1. During driving running 100 km/h (62 mph)
The system chooses the "SOFT" selection, to provide a softer ride.
  1. At high speeds 85–100 km/h (53–62 mph)
The system selects the "HARD" selection and determines that at high speeds, it assumes a more rigid configuration for better ride stability, and to reduce roll tendencies.
  1. Braking (reducing speed to 50 km/h (31 mph))
In order to prevent “nose dive”, the process proceeds to "HARD" automatically damping force until it senses the brakes to be at the"SOFT" setting. It will return to the "SOFT" state when the brake light is off, and the pedal has been released after 2 seconds or more.
  1. (Only 3-stage systems) during hard acceleration
To suppress suspension “squat” the system switches to "HARD" based on accelerator pedal position and throttle position.
  1. (Only 3-stage systems) during hard cornering
To suppress suspension “roll” the system switches to "HARD" based on steering angle sensor position.
  1. SPORT mode
The system remains in the "HARD" position regardless of driving conditions. (For 3-stage systems, the system chooses the “MID” configuration)

Last edited by Piece101; 02-23-18 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-24-18, 05:06 PM
Hagar
Pit Crew

So one last place to get a strut perhaps. And supposedly you don't loose any of the capabilities of the original. And not to say Arnott is appreciated for their efforts.

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Ricky have left the company last October, here is Phoenix will follow up your business.

Yes, LS430 struts is rebuilt with us$197 per pc.
Yes, they retain all of the features of the original LS430 strut.

But am so sorry to tell you this item have no stock at present.
Please let me know if you need it and how many QTY, i will arrange the production.

By the way, in attachment please kindly find our catalogue if you are interesting in other items.

Awaiting for your reply.

Have a Great weekend.

Warm Regards,
Phoenix
airvibration@163.com

Is that $197 and I send in my strut? Shipping? How long? questions? Questions?
They have front and back they said also. Email them with any questions and let us all know.
I myself want to retain what Lexus put in. They must of thought it was good and I love my ride. So far, three dealers and another cert toyota mec have said they rarely ever go out and mine are fine eve at 170,000.
So now, we have some less expensive alternatives.
This forum had me a little paranoid.
Old 02-25-18, 03:52 PM
lt1fire
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hagar
So one last place to get a strut perhaps. And supposedly you don't loose any of the capabilities of the original. And not to say Arnott is appreciated for their efforts.

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Ricky have left the company last October, here is Phoenix will follow up your business.

Yes, LS430 struts is rebuilt with us$197 per pc.
Yes, they retain all of the features of the original LS430 strut.

But am so sorry to tell you this item have no stock at present.
Please let me know if you need it and how many QTY, i will arrange the production.

By the way, in attachment please kindly find our catalogue if you are interesting in other items.

Awaiting for your reply.

Have a Great weekend.

Warm Regards,
Phoenix
airvibration@163.com

Is that $197 and I send in my strut? Shipping? How long? questions? Questions?
They have front and back they said also. Email them with any questions and let us all know.
I myself want to retain what Lexus put in. They must of thought it was good and I love my ride. So far, three dealers and another cert toyota mec have said they rarely ever go out and mine are fine eve at 170,000.
So now, we have some less expensive alternatives.
This forum had me a little paranoid.
what's the website for this guy, I may need a replacement sooner rather than later on mine
Old 02-25-18, 04:13 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

please do keep us posted on the results from the Chinese outfit. $197 each is reasonable if its solid quality. I would think the Arnott's are better but they are also a lot pricier, plus they only do fronts for the time being.
Old 02-25-18, 06:21 PM
Hagar
Pit Crew

Sorry, I don't have a web site to goto. All I was able to discern was an email and they emailed me back. So I would email them with any questions about availability or whatever.
Email was in previous post.
It would be nice to know if either Arnott or this chinese or japan place would be a reasonable alternative to the $1200 ea Lexus wants.

If I hear any more, I'll be sure to post. I think keeping the original air ride is better.

Last edited by Hagar; 02-25-18 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-27-18, 04:38 PM
BigAlLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does Anyone Know if Air Shocks that Fit 01-03 are compatible with Air Shocks that Fit 04-06?... According to LexusPartsNow.com both part #s will Fit My 2004 LS430... Anyone have 1st Hand Experience?
Old 02-28-18, 07:46 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

fwiw, I bought a 4 set of struts from a guy in California, supposedly off an '06 car. When I checked the part numbers they lined up with an '02 car. I called him and he swore up and down his car was an '06. In any case, I installed one of the front ones and have had no issues on my '05.
Old 03-22-18, 07:56 PM
stopdrpnro
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Any updates on the $197 replacement units??

Quick Reply: Arnott Air Struts