LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

OEM Parts Sources

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-17, 10:11 AM
cad55ken
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Parts Sources

Any advice on a Lexus OEM parts vendor that is reliable?

Just had a crazy experience with an east coast company. Their web site showed availability. I placed the order with my credit card.
Next day email about 'we have made a small charge to your card - what is the charge and the transaction code'. OK - good security. Another day passes. I email about the status - nothing. I call, 'we are looking in our warehouses..we will email you tonight or tomorrow'. No email. Then this morning I get an email, they want a scan of my DL and the credit card used. NO. I called and politely cancelled.

Any comments on a good / great parts vendor?
No, I will not name the company for fear of being sued.

Thanks
Old 11-04-17, 10:19 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

https://www.mylparts.com seems legit. I think you can use coupon "CL5" at checkout to save.
https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/ But their catalog stops at 2013. A user here ordered some parts IIRC and got the wrongs parts initially.
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com Seems to have good prices but a cookie-cutter website. Hard to tell if you'll actually get what you order.

I've bought a lot of stuff from http://stores.ebay.com/belllexusnort...p2047675.l2563 If they don't have it on their eBay store, call them and they can get it. Pretty fair prices.

Wish you would share the place you tried to use to help other members avoid using them...
The following users liked this post:
cad55ken (11-04-17)
Old 11-04-17, 10:37 AM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by cad55ken
No, I will not name the company for fear of being sued.
Unwarranted fear. First off, what would they sue you for? Libel? I assume that you are telling the facts of the matter truthfully and if that is the case they have no basis for a suit. Second, they don't know who you are. Third, how are they even going to know about this thread?

At least I hope that you mentioned to them why you yanked your order so that they might improve their customer service.

I don't see a lot of places selling Lexus OEM parts anymore so I suspect someone will likely suggest using the place that you just tried. You would be doing me and everybody else on this forum a favor by simply naming who you had the issue with...
The following users liked this post:
cad55ken (11-04-17)
Old 11-04-17, 11:19 AM
cad55ken
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gronemus - you are a person to be admired. I agree with the rationale you state.
My experience was not a good one and I am sure there are customers who have had great experiences.
Xport Auto Parts Inc. in Florida.
Why would it take 5 days to validate inventory - then ship to their warehouse - then package up and ship to the end customer ??
With todays capabilities of inventory control systems this made no sense.
Old 11-04-17, 03:07 PM
mykvr6
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Ive used myLparts.com a few times already with great results. They ship USPS on smaller parts and pretty much same day, so I get stuff in 2 days. I've ordered a few things on Amazon, always use a prime vendor. And I've used belllexus as well, they have stuff on ebay and Amazon. They ship quick too and on certain things have been cheaper than myLparts. Dont forget to use CL5 coupon code on myLparts for the 10% discount.
Old 11-05-17, 05:18 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, so long story short is I used parts.com and it was super fast. Big discount, but yes there was shipping. What I generally do is to load up my cart with anything I can think of, and observe the shipping price increasing--when it increases by a lot, I back out that last part. I don't know what software is used, but say I already got an order and the shipping is $12.95. I could add a brake rotor (heavy) and it goes to $14.95. I add another rotor and it goes to $27.95, so I don't get the 2nd rotor, get what I mean?

Also, don't know why but I've seen some FLA dealers offer 31% off list, but they collect sales tax for PA and NJ, I highly doubt those states will ever see it, so I avoid such dealers too....it's like they're recouping part of the 31% discount...

OE parts on eBay will be the cheapest, but you can't find everything...(for example, LCA bushings you can find, cup holders, etc. These are far cheaper on eBay and genuine OE parts)

I need to get some caliper bolts, and likely only need rears...these are a bit pricey and I may go eBay.

What I am hinting at above, is you order one place, the person shipping the part is the same place who also has a website, but the prices are way lower at website #1.
Old 11-08-17, 09:32 PM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

See my compilation @ https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...retailers.html. Have been too busy to update it but most on that list should be still active.
Old 11-10-17, 06:22 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

mylparts.com......excellent service, great pricing, quick delivery. I think they are actually a dealership somewhere trying to make an extra buck.
I had a large order from them once where they forgot one of the items, a simple email and it was overnighted at no expense.
Old 11-10-17, 08:33 PM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by toddmorr
mylparts.com......excellent service, great pricing, quick delivery. I think they are actually a dealership somewhere trying to make an extra buck.
I had a large order from them once where they forgot one of the items, a simple email and it was overnighted at no expense.
I've used them for years. They are 'Lexus of Roseville' CA 95661.
Old 11-10-17, 09:00 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

honestly, as of late, (with sewell online parts gone) it's been finding the oem lexuspart number and googling the cheapest seller. either that or i look for the oem denso, toyota or aisin part number and then google the cheapest prices to your door. typically buy oem lexus for the absolute mission critical stuff that i never wanna do again like control arms, front main seal, rear main seal etc. i shop rockauto for the easy to get to stuff like bulbs, windshield wipers, etc, and they do carry aisin and denso. if i don't buy oem, i will always research the best manufacturers/brands part for replacement i.e. shocks, springs, battery, find the part number and start googling. i use ebates too to get a few bucks back if the site is listed. lastly, i do go to the dealership for oil and oem batteries but i try to print out coupons from the dealers website if they have any