LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lost my necklace and cross in the Defrost Vent

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-17, 08:49 AM
Ashley38
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my necklace and cross in the Defrost Vent

I am stupid. Let me explain. I was cleaning my car yesterday and using a wet and dry towels to wipe down dust. My silver necklace with a cross in it were coming my way and dangling and I took them off and put them on the dash, just about above the NAV screen. Few minutes later I am wiping down the odometer and then the dash and a loose end of the towel hits the necklace and off it slides down the dash and goes into the defrost vents right in the center. I gasp!! For a second I thought it fell down and then I quickly realized it would be inside the vent. I look but its not there, apparently it slid way deep down and I can't see. Used flash lights. Also searched on the internet and removed the air cabin filter to see if it landed there. Nope!

So folks I know I am stupid, but it was an accident. The value of the necklace isn't much, but the cross has an personal emotional value to me. I want it back
What are my options other then to remove the whole dash and spend like $500 on it. Anything ideas please do share. Appreciate your help!