LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

what would you do if you came back to your car

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-17, 05:20 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts
Default what would you do if you came back to your car

And a woman is sitting against it on the fender?

I find this behavior to be totally rude, and shows a lack of respect for other peoples' property. This happened yesterday. When she saw us approach the car, she got up and walked over to the sidewalk. I held my tongue. This woman was about 65 y.o.

I thought about it, I have never done that, ever. The last time this happened must have been 8 yrs. ago in lower Manhattan, with my Maxima, and this time two guys were sitting on my hood.
Old 06-19-17, 06:50 AM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Be glad the car was still there?
Be glad it was a soft butt rather than a shopping cart?

Politely remind her that she could have set off the high voltage alarm installed that might have terminated someone of her vintage😈

Peace Love and Rock and Roll bro,

​​​​​​​Doug k
Old 06-19-17, 07:53 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ltd76gold
Be glad the car was still there?
Be glad it was a soft butt rather than a shopping cart?

Politely remind her that she could have set off the high voltage alarm installed that might have terminated someone of her vintage😈

Peace Love and Rock and Roll bro,

​​​​​​​Doug k
Funny that you mention that, my buddy texted me be careful after dark, there are shootings and robberies there.

Speaking of rock and roll, been listening to "Some Girls" in the LS lately, sweet album.
Old 06-19-17, 08:31 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Different attitudes today. There's very little (if any) respect displayed anymore. I guess there's worse things that can happen...

Seems odd that it was an older person. I would expect this from someone under the age of 30, but not necessarily someone over 60. Was she on the verge of collapsing or something??
Old 06-19-17, 08:41 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

No....the restaurant had a very long wait and people waiting spilled outside, and we had scored a space right in front....when she got off my car she went over to her husband who was on the sidewalk....very annoying. The time two guys sat on my hood (1998 Maxima) it was in Little Italy/NYC. The guys sitting on the hood looked pretty tough so I didn't say anything...I guess we have to pick our battles...
Old 06-19-17, 10:36 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
The time two guys sat on my hood (1998 Maxima) it was in Little Italy/NYC. The guys sitting on the hood looked pretty tough so I didn't say anything...I guess we have to pick our battles...
Probably better to "Fahgettaboutit"
Old 06-19-17, 02:02 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

There's no question about it. I would have confronted her. There would have been many ways to 'break the ice with her', and have a conversation/talking TO, with her.

I'm a 40-something year old 20 year military man (12 in the Marines, 8 and counting in the AF), and I would have given her a piece of my mind. Of course, in a respectful and tasteful manner. Regardless whether or not she was with hubby or a man or not, I would have absolutely spoken with/confronted her. But that's just me. I'm the guy who almost always speaks up when observing a wrong behavior, and always speaks up with the wrong behavior involves me.
Old 06-22-17, 07:51 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

I've actually had this happen a couple of times with the 400. I walk up and ask them if my car looks like a bench. It's not ok to sit on any car, especially a well looking luxury car.
Old 06-22-17, 11:05 AM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Has happened to me too I set off the car alarm while I stood back and watched their reaction
Old 06-22-17, 09:31 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
And a woman is sitting against it on the fender?

I find this behavior to be totally rude, and shows a lack of respect for other peoples' property. This happened yesterday. When she saw us approach the car, she got up and walked over to the sidewalk. I held my tongue. This woman was about 65 y.o.

I thought about it, I have never done that, ever. The last time this happened must have been 8 yrs. ago in lower Manhattan, with my Maxima, and this time two guys were sitting on my hood.
Because you didn't say anything, this loser slag is likely to do the exact same thing again to someone else's car. Not only should you have given her a piece of your mind (in a confident, cool, collected, but very cutting Clint Eastwood-kind-of-way), but also the garbage beta male she was with. Extra points for berating her in front of other members of the general public.
Old 06-23-17, 04:45 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

True.....two other incidents come to mind. My sis in-law had a new to her GEO, and a guy in a Cayenne Turbo slams his door into her new car. So she took exception, and confronted him, and he told her to go and **** herself with her pos car. I said man I wish I were there, how old was this guy? She goes 75 I think.

Also, at the USPS a woman opens her door into my Maxima, so I get out. I was polite and said you know you hit my door when you opened your door, and she exploded and told me and I quote, "Go back to your country and get an education." HUH? She had a heavy accent as if she might be from another country? I was born in the same country as the current and last Presidents lol. Long story short she said call the police if you want to, you think you're a saint? You do the same thing all the time, please. All the while I'm thinking she either has some screws loose or something, and I glance over and see rosary beads on her mirror....

Again this was like 12 and 8 years ago--can you imagine how much angrier society is today?
Old 06-23-17, 11:26 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
Has happened to me too I set off the car alarm while I stood back and watched their reaction
LOL would love to have seen it. Good solution.
Old 06-23-17, 11:38 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

I take our trusty Honda Pilot to any event or downtown. No place to sit. Another ding doesn't bother me. I did see a young woman suddenly kick the fender of a nice Audi at a football game. No reason. Maybe she was drunk. Saw a nice Maserati crammed into a small parking space. Hard to imagine not worrying about it getting dinged. Maybe typical CA driver respect for any decent car.
Old 06-23-17, 03:54 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ancdmd
Because you didn't say anything, this loser slag is likely to do the exact same thing again to someone else's car. Not only should you have given her a piece of your mind (in a confident, cool, collected, but very cutting Clint Eastwood-kind-of-way), but also the garbage beta male she was with. Extra points for berating her in front of other members of the general public.
LMFAO!!! Awesome post. Love the "garbage beta male" + extra points for the public comments! We think VERY similarly!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-17, 05:28 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Same reaction if she's 30 years younger and well dressed? Probably wouldn't be lounging on someone's car (even if it's a 430)

Quick Reply: what would you do if you came back to your car