LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-19, 07:32 AM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by gszdwml
Wow is all i can say. I was about to purchase a 2010 LS 460 Black on Black with all records, but someone beat me to it. That is when I stumbled upon this beauty. 2006 White w/Tan interior ML, one owner in mint condition.They only drove it 11k miles since 2015..I know...amazing! Timing chain/water pump changed twice...unbelievable. Differential, coolant, transmission and brakes fluids all changed. Regular synthetic oil changes. Garage kept. I might have paid a little more, but after the test drive, it was worth it.

2006 LS 430
Color White
Mileage 111,290
Package (ML or UL) ML
Price $13,500 OTD
Date Purchased May 24, 2019
Condition Excellent
Complete Lexus Service Records? YES
Private Party or Dealer MILTON MARTIN TOYOTA Gainesville, GA
How Long Did You Search? 2 months
City & State Atlanta GA
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.) AUTOTRADER
Lets see it! Congrats
Old 05-26-19, 10:27 AM
caverman
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 113 Posts

Wow is all i can say. I was about to purchase a 2010 LS 460 Black on Black with all records, but someone beat me to it. That is when I stumbled upon this beauty. 2006 White w/Tan interior ML, one owner in mint condition.They only drove it 11k miles since 2015..I know...amazing! Timing chain/water pump changed twice...unbelievable. Differential, coolant, transmission and brakes fluids all changed. Regular synthetic oil changes. Garage kept. I might have paid a little more, but after the test drive, it was worth it.

2006 LS 430
Color White
Mileage 111,290
Package (ML or UL) ML
Price $13,500 OTD
Condition Excellent
City & State Atlanta GA
It does seem to be on the high end of the price range but since it's maintained like that and a one owner you'll probably own this one for a long time.Both my LS I bought at about the 110k mile range and right now I'm at 138k. No real issues to speak of at all. You probably need to think about a spark plug change and maybe a transmission drain/fill but other than that you should be good for a while. Drive and enjoy. Post a couple pictures when you get a chance.
Old 05-26-19, 10:48 AM
gszdwml
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2006 LS 430
Color White
Mileage 111,290
Package (ML or UL) ML
Price $13,500 OTD
Condition Excellent
City & State Atlanta GA

Here are some pictures. I almost forgot almost new Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. Disregard some of the black specks on the bumper and windshield; I must clean it today after my drive home with it. Bugs are a real problem here in Georgia.
And yes, that is another LS 430 in the rear. 2004 Flint Grey Mica LS430 Sport. I gave it to my son and he began to mod it.

The following 2 users liked this post by gszdwml:
CA2WALS430 (11-20-19), LexRex (05-26-19)
Old 05-26-19, 11:18 AM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

Beautiful. Great find
Old 06-20-19, 10:32 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Year: 2004
Color: Silver
Mileage: 131K
Package: (ML or UL) ML
Price: $6000
Date Purchased: 6-6-19
Condition: Interior 9/10 only issue is cupholder won't retract

Condition: Exterior: 7/10 - couple of dings and dents (old person owner) and the driver's side headlight is cracked. This is how I manage to get the car for the price I did.
Complete Lexus Service Records? The car did come with most service records, all major services were done at my local lexus dealer which is an awesome bonus for me.
Private Party
How Long Did You Search? 4 Months. I looked at about 6 of these cars before finding one with a clean carfax and service records that had a clean and smell-free interior.
City & State Charleston, SC . Found it in a city 3 hrs North of me.
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.) FB marketplace

I bought this to serve as a daily beater so I am not racking up miles on my lifted truck which gets 14MPG. I am loving the comfort of this thing, its on a level I've never experienced. I plan to tint the windows and maybe do wheels / exhaust someday.

Old 11-08-19, 11:46 AM
DocCocina
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gold
ML
$6,000.00
09/15/19
Good condition. Needed tires and a front strut.
Complete records
Dealer
Looked for a few months
Indianapolis, Indiana
CarGuru
Old 11-08-19, 04:23 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,146 Likes on 853 Posts

Metallic white
Base model
204000 miles
No records
Excellent condition exterior/interior (zero dents, near zero scratches, literally no rust even on splash guard bolts, still has factory carpet protector wraps inside)
Columbus Ohio
Craigslist
Looked for a week (just so happened to have one)
10/26/19
$5300
Private party
Needed control arm bushings, water pump, timing set, radiator, valve covers, trans pan, full fluid package, all filters, tires, belts, door lock actuators, HID ballasts, ball joints, PCV system, all vacuum lines, all done by me.

Everything else was perfect and works 100% the car will be restored to totally perfect mechanical condition to match the exterior/interior appearance. I'm very very happy with it since it's hard to find something that has lived in a garage it's whole life and is cosmetically perfect

Last edited by Striker223; 11-08-19 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-09-19, 06:34 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
Metallic white
Base model
204000 miles
No records
Excellent condition exterior/interior (zero dents, near zero scratches, literally no rust even on splash guard bolts, still has factory carpet protector wraps inside)
Columbus Ohio
Craigslist
Looked for a week (just so happened to have one)
10/26/19
$5300
Private party
Needed control arm bushings, water pump, timing set, radiator, valve covers, trans pan, full fluid package, all filters, tires, belts, door lock actuators, HID ballasts, ball joints, PCV system, all vacuum lines, all done by me.

Everything else was perfect and works 100% the car will be restored to totally perfect mechanical condition to match the exterior/interior appearance. I'm very very happy with it since it's hard to find something that has lived in a garage it's whole life and is cosmetically perfect
Nicely done. Congrats.
Old 11-09-19, 08:57 PM
TheDude420
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Year: 2005
Color: Cypress Pearl
Mileage: 92,342 miles
Package (ML or UL): ML
Price: $10,500
Date Purchased: November 3, 2018
Condition: Aside from the steering wheel wood essentially brand new
Complete Lexus Service Records?: Yes!
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer
How Long Did You Search? Two weeks
City & State: Orlando, Florida
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.): Facebook marketplace

I lucked out with this one. I drove a friend of mine’s Ls and immediately put my 09 Gs350 up for sale and started looking. This is a one owner, little old lady type, bought in New Jersey and brought to south Florida. Always serviced at the dealership; down to the tires, light bulbs and wipers. It’s also had the timing belt done twice.

The following 3 users liked this post by TheDude420:
Atomsplitr (11-09-19), Marc08EX (11-11-19), Wheelyneat (11-10-19)
Old 11-10-19, 02:57 AM
Wheelyneat
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2005 base model with Premium Package, Comfort Package and Smartkey. Two owners, 53K miles. Original elderly owner hence repainted front and rear bumper covers. Garaged, excellent condition with recent timing belt and water pump, new Yokohama’s, 3M ceramic tint, otherwise stock. Moonlight Pearl with Cashmere, 17” factory alloys. All books, records, keys, and accessories. Local private seller advertised the car on eBay and I jumped on it. Paid $12.5K and feel like it was worth every penny. Best car I’ve ever owned, and I’ve had over 50. I recently replaced the driver’s door lock actuator and now everything works like new.
Old 11-10-19, 02:59 AM
Wheelyneat
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDude420

I lucked out with this one. I drove a friend of mine’s Ls and immediately put my 09 Gs350 up for sale and started looking. This is a one owner, little old lady type, bought in New Jersey and brought to south Florida. Always serviced at the dealership; down to the tires, light bulbs and wipers. It’s also had the timing belt done twice.
Beautiful car, nice find 😉
The following users liked this post:
TheDude420 (11-10-19)
Old 11-10-19, 03:42 AM
430SLOwner
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 182 Posts

Nice.... May you say how many miles have you put on it? Any repairs? Costs? (It is a nice and quite valuable feature that your timing belt service was done.)

Paid similar for a one owner 80,000 mile, garage kept, 2006 Mercury Metallic/Ash LS 430 w/ML package (had new tires/brakes and car was in outstanding condition, but timing belt service was not done), May of 2018 from local Lexus dealer.... Have only changed oil (first 3 are complimentary by Lexus dealer), had the car washed and vacuumed many times (lifetime complimentary by Lexus dealer), replaced trunk lifts ($17), replaced engine air filter ($17), cabin air filter ($8), replaced some engine cover clips ($2) and premium gasoline. (knocking on wood, well, ok, knocking on my head, which is wood) It is due for the timing belt service, which am not too worried about failing, but if found Lexus enthusiast home garage ace wrench very familiar with and very confident doing the service, who is located in SW FL, would gladly pay labor and supply OEM parts. (Dealer recommends having it done, but its price is very high. If haven't found someone by 120,000 to 130,000 miles, or if water pump starts leaking, may be forced to turn a wrench myself. But, would rather have someone do it who is already familiar doing the LS 430 job and likes doing it.)
Old 11-10-19, 08:18 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by 430SLOwner
Nice.... May you say how many miles have you put on it? Any repairs? Costs? (It is a nice and quite valuable feature that your timing belt service was done.)

Paid similar for a one owner 80,000 mile, garage kept, 2006 Mercury Metallic/Ash LS 430 w/ML package (had new tires/brakes and car was in outstanding condition, but timing belt service was not done), May of 2018 from local Lexus dealer.... Have only changed oil (first 3 are complimentary by Lexus dealer), had the car washed and vacuumed many times (lifetime complimentary by Lexus dealer), replaced trunk lifts ($17), replaced engine air filter ($17), cabin air filter ($8), replaced some engine cover clips ($2) and premium gasoline. (knocking on wood, well, ok, knocking on my head, which is wood) It is due for the timing belt service, which am not too worried about failing, but if found Lexus enthusiast home garage ace wrench very familiar with and very confident doing the service, who is located in SW FL, would gladly pay labor and supply OEM parts. (Dealer recommends having it done, but its price is very high. If haven't found someone by 120,000 to 130,000 miles, or if water pump starts leaking, may be forced to turn a wrench myself. But, would rather have someone do it who is already familiar doing the LS 430 job and likes doing it.)
Personally, I’d find someone qualified to do the job. I wouldn’t worry too much about your current mileage. I’ve heard of our cars going over 200,000 miles with original belt. They are quite robust. Good luck.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 11-10-19 at 04:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bocatrip:
430SLOwner (11-10-19), TheDude420 (11-10-19)
Old 11-10-19, 06:45 PM
TheDude420
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 430SLOwner

I’ve only put about 1,000 miles on it so far. The previous owner did a ton of maintenance like 3,000 miles before they traded it in: all new shocks, full brake job, trans fluid change, coolant flush, battery, tires, full 90k service including timing belt. It is a true snowbird car, only 3,000 miles this year before I got it. The only thing it needs is hood struts.

The only thing I’ve done to it so far is tint the windows (15%). In the next few months I’m going to be replacing the ML system, hood struts, grease window seal, replace weather stripping on all doors, de haze headlights and fogs, replace all incandescent’s with LED’s. Then who knows, I can’t ever stop messing with things.

As for your timing belt, I would get that taken care of sooner than later. Our engines are not cheap to replace.
Old 11-11-19, 10:23 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

I’ve only put about 1,000 miles on it so far. The previous owner did a ton of maintenance like 3,000 miles before they traded it in: all new shocks, full brake job, trans fluid change, coolant flush, battery, tires, full 90k service including timing belt. It is a true snowbird car, only 3,000 miles this year before I got it. The only thing it needs is hood struts.

The only thing I’ve done to it so far is tint the windows (15%). In the next few months I’m going to be replacing the ML system, hood struts, grease window seal, replace weather stripping on all doors, de haze headlights and fogs, replace all incandescent’s with LED’s. Then who knows, I can’t ever stop messing with things.

As for your timing belt, I would get that taken care of sooner than later. Our engines are not cheap to replace.
why are you replacing the weather stripping? I've never seen that go bad

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?