LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-17, 05:10 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma25
What do you think a good wheel style/color would work with silver? I'm not sure about the black wheel trend these days. Some cars wear them well, but others not so much. I know tire rack has a feature where you can pick your car and then see what it would look like with different wheels. I'll probably check that out, but I'm very open to ideas and input.
ill be doing the springs sooner than later, so I'll do my best to photo document the process. I just want a slightly more aggressive stance, not slammed, and the Tanabe springs seem to offer just the right drop. I like the fact that I can get an alignment at any shop I choose. Benz could only be aligned at the dealer.
Ok, my evening of searching is about to start and my wife thinks it's great because I won't talk while she watches movies. Any input is welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks All!!
I ended up going to Firestone for the alignment...I was gonna go to Lexus as I thought $89 is reasonable. What happened is I curbed a rim on a Sunday, and wanted to go right to an alignment shop that instant, to make sure nothing was wrong. I went with the lifetime alignment for $179.99, so I figure on the 2nd one, I'll break even. I suppose why this is good for them is most cars don't need that many alignments when the suspension is ok. But, then, I figured, if I have any other work done that would normally require an alignment afterwards (technically I should have already gotten one after the LCA rear bushings were replaced), now I can go anytime. And I plan on keeping the car a long time! The printout shows that 3/4 wheels were out of whack. And that on the right rear, the camber is just out by -.1, even after the alignment. I think they did an ok job...and seriously, having the steering wheel perfectly centered was one of the best pleasures in the LS430 thus far! (it was off to the left slightly prior)
Old 02-17-17, 06:24 PM
enigma25
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's is an awesome idea!! Last year, I cracked three rims because PA roads are horrible. So each incident cost me a rim, sometimes a tire and an alignment.0! I am going to Firestone as soon as I decide on wheels. I really wanted to put a set of Perelli tires on her, but I'll have to take a look at Fiestone tires too. Thanks for the idea, now must find wheels!!! Now!! You know how we get when we have a new toy!! Lots of really sharp cars on this forum!!. All styles and specs. Of course I had to look at some other models....is there anyway to make ours sound like the LFA? That is awesome!!
Old 02-17-17, 07:24 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Not sure where in PA you're located, but I'm sold on Costco for tires. If the credit card like Chase is doing a 5% rebate plus 2% executive membership, what we did last year was to get our Michelin Premier's for my wife's car installed in DE. Now, no tax. When you do the net cost, it's cheaper than online. Also, the free 1 yr. replacement, lifetime rotations and flats fixed, and they pretty much sell and can get any tire. My brother even got nice BF Goodrich off roads that are not on the website. Seems like on the forum Premier AS are the best tires, but expensive. I think I'm good next year on the Rydanz that came with the car, but when the time comes, I may do the Premiers, not sure....

How's your wife's movies going along? I'm in my hotel in Toronto, eating pepperoni sticks, have to work early tomorrow. If you told me this would be my life in HS, I never would have believed you! (Totally ok with it but not that fun eating dinner by oneself and it's time consuming)
The following users liked this post:
enigma25 (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 08:45 PM
enigma25
Rookie

I'm in Dallas, PA. NE area. I look for the closest Costco. Sounds like it's worth the drive.

wife is watching "The Accountant " with Ben Afleck. I could be on fire and she wouldn't notice as long as he's on TV! Road Traveling is tough by yourself, but we all have to do what it takes to stay ahead!! I was supposed to be a retired MotoGP Champion by my age, but I'm a salesman instead.... things never follow the plan!!
Peace!
Old 02-18-17, 09:43 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Peace brother, now I'm back in my hotel and about to cook a steak....and I didn't forget the Guinness draught! lol

My wife sent me some videos and pics as she went to the in-laws. I'm actually meeting up with some in-laws tomorrow and Mon. It's a holiday in Ontario. My wife's family is so large, usually wherever I go there is a friend or relative to meet up with.

I like the modern niceties of the 2017 Pathfinder, but I kid us not, the LS430 is built way way better....drives better too in general!

just checked where Dallas is....looks like you'd be 3 hours closer to Toronto than we would, we'd pass your vicinity if driving up there...

edit: set off the fire alarm. Note to self, you are not at home, but the Guinness tastes as good as it does at home. Now what am I gonna do, I have two steaks left, one is dry aged Canadian prime beef!!

Last edited by Johnhav430; 02-18-17 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-18-17, 10:36 AM
enigma25
Rookie

If you ever find yourself near my area, let me know! I'll bring the Guinness!! Always welcome the chance to meet another car guy, and the wives could talk about wife stuff...! (Sorry ladies, don't mean to offend, just joking!)
Johnhav430 (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 11:19 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
edit: set off the fire alarm. Note to self, you are not at home, but the Guinness tastes as good as it does at home. Now what am I gonna do, I have two steaks left, one is dry aged Canadian prime beef!!
I wondered about the whole "Back in my hotel room about to cook a steak" thing. Where are you staying? In Columbia somewhere??
Old 02-18-17, 11:43 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
I wondered about the whole "Back in my hotel room about to cook a steak" thing. Where are you staying? In Columbia somewhere??
Picked up a couple of these at the grocery store, and brought them back to the hotel. Now I'm not sure how to cook the other, but it sure was good.

Old 10-11-17, 05:20 PM
xshurikx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Onyx Blue
UL
$4000
some ding and scratches nothing major, bumpers have been painted 1 missing trim piece back window. 1 sprayer broken/missing. Inside is fairly clean driver seat has a scratch mark. All buttons work and motors function.
bought from a dealer in Chantilly Virginia.
bought on 10/9/17
looked hard for about 2 weeks. Actually drove to Baltimore with a stop in Philly and Princeton NJ to look at 3 cars and bought none of them due to sellers lying about condition.
Clean carfax but might have had 2 accidents not reported, NO service records
found on craigslist
Old 12-19-17, 05:20 AM
zillayali
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesHuang
I realize there are many threads on this topic but looking to find out what folks who bought in the past few weeks paid for their LS430. Please reply back if you can. Thank you.
Year: 2005
Color: Pearl White
Mileage: 170,000KM
Package (ML or UL): ML
Price: AED 37,500
Date Purchased: June 2017
Condition: Very Good. Rear Sub and Tyres had to be replaced
Complete Lexus Service Records? No
Private Party or Dealer: Private Party
How Long Did You Search?: 4 weeks
City & State: LS 430 2005 ML from Dubai, Front
LS 430 2005 ML from Dubai, Back

Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.): Referred by a friend
Old 12-19-17, 06:32 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice looking find Zillayali. Enjoy the new ride an thanks for sharing. That is my preferred color... just don't have one.
zillayali (12-20-17)
Old 12-22-17, 06:41 PM
TheTiRider
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Year 2003
Color Black Onyx, Cashmere
Mileage 154,000
Package Base
Price $0
Date Purchased 12/1/17
Condition - Decent, a little worn on the edges but drives and rides like new
Complete Lexus Service Records? No but I know the car's history
Private Party or Dealer - Private party
How Long Did You Search? I wasn't even looking.
Source - Given to us by my father in law after he bought a LS460.
Old 12-22-17, 06:44 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

lol where I come from it's the other way around, kids give their in-laws cars when they're done with them. I could live with $0
Old 12-25-17, 03:51 AM
sajack
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by sajack
Parchment Pearl
77,000 miles
ML
$15,995
06/29/12
Excellent
No Search
Monroe, LA
Drove past car lot
Partial Records
Dealer
Here we are 5 1/2 years later and my wife is still driving this car. She won’t consider parting with it. All it has asked for is tires and battery. It’s the best vehicle we ever owned.
Old 12-25-17, 07:08 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sajack
Here we are 5 1/2 years later and my wife is still driving this car. She won’t consider parting with it. All it has asked for is tires and battery. It’s the best vehicle we ever owned.
Love hearing these stories and think it's very likely to be my scenario too...so far, going on 15 mos., and same deal.....just think you spent $16k for a car that's liked and has served 5 yrs., already a great value, but you also avoided a potential $40k expenditure to boot...winning!

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?