LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

The Cop and the Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-10, 10:50 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are lucky. i got pulled over the other day in my lexus.
Old 12-29-10, 06:25 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
At least you didn't get a ticket for parking in the handicap spot.
You guys are always very observant.

I took that pick when i came into the office on the weekend, just before heading to the airport. As you can see, the parking lot is empty.

But... we do have a "reserved for service personnel" spot that I've been eying. The service guy always parks in the back of the parking lot... right next to me. lol
Old 12-29-10, 10:50 AM
Ty419
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same car/color/options/year and have been debating how dark to do the windows. Any chance you have a couple pics that you could put up that show how it looks? What kind of tint did you use?
Old 12-29-10, 02:10 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is another picture of my car. I think it has 30% on the front and 20% on the rear side and rear windows. I bought the car with the rear already tinted, and had the front two done using a film from Advantage.

I have a photo album on Flickr too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2689645...57625219729232

Last edited by DDLexus; 12-30-10 at 10:52 AM. Reason: fix image
Old 12-29-10, 08:13 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^Super clean^^

Personally i prolly would have been in handcuffs in the back seat of their car had they pulled me over!!!! Glad it ended positively!!!!
Old 12-30-10, 07:14 AM
Ty419
Lead Lap

Looks good. Thanks. I've been going back and forth between 20 & 30 and need to make up my mind and get it done.
Old 12-30-10, 12:30 PM
musabbari
Driver School Candidate

ur lucky and ur car look real nice
Old 01-02-11, 10:08 PM
svlexus
Driver

Thats the east coast cops so philly. They are a gang, I see it on the cops shows. Its funny that they make you get a car inspection too.

I traditionally handle cops well, I get off with a warning because I act properly. Ive been driving a 1996 avalon for years. Its gone downhill due to uninsured drivers/hit and runs. When I got hit and run at a toll booth merge I stopped, and got out to talk to the lady who hit me. She was sloppy drunk so I went to the booth and told him to call cops for the drunk who hit me. I was holding up a booth and it was busy so I told her to pull ahead and when I pulled off she ran. the cops took over an hour while I had my mom in the car(returning from thanksgiving dinner) the drunk got away and I got her address but the insurance deductible was higher than the damage. So cops useless.
Then I got hit by an uninsured mexican (sorry for the stereotype but its real) In court I showed, and the incompetent judge never called for a witness. I had a 2700.00 bill and he got a 100 dollar fine for no insurance accident. When I stood up and said I was the victim the judge got mad, while the clerk tried to explain I had checked in to be a witness in the previous case. I never got a cent out of that guy and my avalon was now trashy. cops useless.
The past few years Ive been getting pulled over frequently, I got 2 no seatbelt tickets, nowadays they will ticket you for anything they can. I wasnt getting that the cops target a trashy looking car. I also got a loud exhaust from the flexpipe and they wrote me a ticket- 185 dollar fine. And uninsured drivers who do accidents get 100 dollar? 2 cases in front of me were for driving on suspended and they got 100 dollar fines with their lawyers?

So this lexus ls 430 better be copproof LMAO.

Last edited by svlexus; 01-02-11 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-03-11, 04:39 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah what he said ^ ^ ^
Old 01-07-11, 10:49 PM
shawnlexus
Driver

haha nicely done
Old 01-08-11, 06:34 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In Miami the police seem to use the tint ticket to punish drivers for being Black. All three of my cars are black or near black, and all three have limo tint. I have never had a problem. My wife managed a fast food joint for a few years and the black males would get tint tickets several times a month. I am a fed with a badge, and have never had local pd give me a ticket, but I think being white is necessary if you are going to drive a car like the OP.
Old 01-09-11, 01:39 PM
2004TOYO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KaiserSea1
In Miami the police seem to use the tint ticket to punish drivers for being Black. All three of my cars are black or near black, and all three have limo tint. I have never had a problem. My wife managed a fast food joint for a few years and the black males would get tint tickets several times a month. I am a fed with a badge, and have never had local pd give me a ticket, but I think being white is necessary if you are going to drive a car like the OP.
Interesting observation, kinda like a reverse race card.
Old 01-10-11, 06:26 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i think the car helps too. in our little scion xA i have gotten pulled over passing a cop going slower than i have on the same road passing the same cop going faster in my ls430. my wife swears i'm insanse (about this issue) but i believe cops are biased towards cheaper looking vehicles.
Old 01-10-11, 02:14 PM
ctonkin1
Driver School Candidate

Any law that's arbitrarily enforced is potentially bad news and gives police a power they didn't have without it. I'm not aware of anybody ever being ticketed for tint violation here in Ohio, but I have no doubt it's been used as a reason to pull somebody over.

As much as I don't like the look, my rear and rear door windows are darker than my front door windows and my car is compliant with Ohio law (and I think that makes it legal in most any state).

An aside question: Am I the only one who wishes for a rear view mirror that I can manually darken? Since tinting my windows, my mirrors don't darken much at all. Sure am grateful for the rear window shade sometimes.

Last edited by ctonkin1; 01-10-11 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-11-11, 01:47 PM
98cruiser
Rookie

Default cops

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Short story to share you with all.

On my way into work this cold winter morning, i found myself in a potentially troubling situation. A cop stopped me at a gas station. Before that, some background.

My trip to work is rather short. About 8 miles, passing through about 6 stop lights. After about a minute into my drive into the office, i saw a police car pulling out onto the road after i passed by him. I was going the speed limit and was not concerned about my driving. HOWEVER, i do have illegally tinted windows on a black car with super shinny wheels . Well, he didn't pull me over and i continued on my way. I realized i needed to put some gas in the tank (less than 40miles on my distance to empty readout), so i stopped a gas station. No sooner did i get out of the car... the same police car was driving thru the gas station. He circled around the store and then pulled in next to me. I started to think i was going to get a ticket for window tint violation. But... he said "that is a beautiful Lexus. what year is it?" I told him a 2005. He said, "man that is nice." Then he says... "you know your side mirror is folded in" I smiled and said that's what happens when i turn the car off, it folds the mirrors in. He was impressed and told me a story about his buddy having 2 Lexus cars. He gave a few more parting compliments and then drove off. Wheeeew. Good thing he liked the car, otherwise, i would might be writing a different note this morning.

Cheers.

Nice story bro, Im in the same situation, but mine is grey with chrome 19 with tint, they alway get behind and run my plate hoping im not lagit!!
Attached Thumbnails The Cop and the Lexus-ls430.jpg