More LS430 Hidden Features

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-10, 09:28 AM
mewhee
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More LS430 Hidden Features

Hi All -

Two of my favorite threads here at the forum in the past have been the Hidden Features & Tips and Tricks postings which listed some of the features we might never have known about had not someone pointed them out.

Just ran across another which I hadn't seen mentioned and it's rather minor but still found it interesting in how the gang at Lexus thinks in terms of making our driving experiences a little better.

Ever have to dig around in the glove compartment looking for a pen? On my '02, if you open the upper glovebox, on the back of the door are two little plastic clips which can hold a 'hotel giveaway' style pen. Like I said, certainly not a worldbreaking feature but thoughtful on Lexus' part nevertheless.

Any other features you've run across which may not be commonly known?
Old 09-26-10, 10:43 AM
Dirtyd210
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know if you extend the steering wheel as far as it goes, you can click the button around 6 times and it well extend or lower a little further..
Old 09-26-10, 12:31 PM
Playdrv4me
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtyd210
I know if you extend the steering wheel as far as it goes, you can click the button around 6 times and it well extend or lower a little further..
I don't think this was actually intended as a "feature" by Lexus. Unfortunately someone here recently posted a thread stating that it is very likely that over extending the Telescope mechanism with this method can lead to premature failure of the auto tilt/telescope feature. I have my auto feature turned off so I don't think it matters, but probably best not to mess with it.
Old 09-26-10, 02:49 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
I don't think this was actually intended as a "feature" by Lexus. Unfortunately someone here recently posted a thread stating that it is very likely that over extending the Telescope mechanism with this method can lead to premature failure of the auto tilt/telescope feature. I have my auto feature turned off so I don't think it matters, but probably best not to mess with it.
Press it 60 time and it will plant a punch on driver's chin.

Press the mode button when Audio is off. No, no, no panic switch
Old 09-26-10, 03:00 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm still looking for that passenger seat ejection button.
Old 09-27-10, 12:03 AM
fergo308
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caddyowner
I'm still looking for that passenger seat ejection button.
That'll be in the 2014 model Ls480...

Justin...
Old 09-27-10, 04:21 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

014 is the release of the vibrating shiatsu accelerator pedal
Old 10-08-10, 10:03 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you no that u can disable the runing lights by turning off the car apply parking break..start the car and they are off.this is when u creeping lol..release parking breaks and they are on..also with the navi display at night turn the dimmer switch a little after the cl9ck n it nice and nice tricks so now you no..
Old 10-08-10, 11:36 PM
subtracted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dirtyd210
Yes, it does work like this, but car's memory will not remember, so you have to do it every time you start the car. So I guess it's not a feature after all...
Old 10-09-10, 10:15 AM
m3nv
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03 LS 430
Did you no that u can disable the runing lights by turning off the car apply parking break..start the car and they are off.this is when u creeping lol..release parking breaks and they are on..also with the navi display at night turn the dimmer switch a little after the cl9ck n it nice and nice tricks so now you no..
So to have them off, you have to keep the park brake engaged white you drive?
Old 10-11-10, 10:48 PM
Viper6
Pole Position

If you leave your lights on with selector not in Auto mode... there is no chime like other cars to remind you of this oversight... if you're like me you notice as you walk away that you accidentally left them on. Simply hit the lock button twice on your remote and it will shut off the headlights.

Booyah!
Old 10-12-10, 07:16 AM
thinkin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper6
If you leave your lights on with selector not in Auto mode... there is no chime like other cars to remind you of this oversight... if you're like me you notice as you walk away that you accidentally left them on. Simply hit the lock button twice on your remote and it will shut off the headlights.

Booyah!
There's no chime because the car will shut them off for you after a couple of minutes. Far be it for an LS430 to trouble you with such details!
Old 10-12-10, 08:13 AM
Viper6
Pole Position

Sure, and drain your already overtaxed battery for the privilege... ha.
Old 10-12-10, 08:48 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by thinkin
There's no chime because the car will shut them off for you after a couple of minutes. Far be it for an LS430 to trouble you with such details!
I deliberately left my headlights on in the manual mode and waited a few minutes and they still did not shut off. I shut them off myself. How long are we talking about when you say a couple of minutes? I agree that it is not great for the battery to leave the HIDs on for that long.
Old 10-13-10, 05:27 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default not for driving

Originally Posted by m3nv
So to have them off, you have to keep the park brake engaged white you drive?
not for driving ...but for idling with your girl n the car and dont want to be notice by others cause we know that the lex is soo quiet..yah dig

Quick Reply: More LS430 Hidden Features