LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Some old guy gave me a dirty look this morning..

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 03:04 PM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

nothing like a Thread from the Dead!
Old 12-07-11, 03:06 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
LOL If you want to get dirty looks (and fingers), try driving a Prius around rural Michigan.
Haha I believe it! I actually shadowed a doctor over the summer who was at a clinic in Owosso part time. There was nothing but US made cars in that entire area, most had rust on them. We got some interesting looks as the doc and I rolled out (he has a Range Rover and I'm following in my LS haha). Should've borrowed my mom's Prius....
Old 12-07-11, 05:55 PM
B43088
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow never seen this thread. I also get the same dirty looks sumtimes especially when I'm off work in my regular clothes… one case I was in Alexandria va on Sunday at the movies and Me and my girl heard the guy say to his wife that's his car, I just had Jordan's polo jacket and a hat on looking real basic
Old 12-08-11, 05:46 AM
cyclehead
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I've only owned my UL for two weeks so far. But I'm familiar with the hate. I had a redneck woman go nuts on me while driving my forever-being-restored '74 Jaguar sedan. (Yes, we have redneck women around here.) Now my "other car" is a tiny MR2, bright yellow. ALL other drivers hate it. I can make other drivers neck veins bulge out by simply stopping quickly, or zipping around a corner. And I qualify as a gray haired old fart.
Old 12-08-11, 08:38 PM
cmara2k9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything in this thread is so true its not even funny......o think most people assume im a drug dealer although i dont have an LS i guess a lexus is a lexus on most peoples eyes...i just laugh i kinda get a kick out of it
Old 12-08-11, 09:10 PM
2004TOYO
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmara2k9
Everything in this thread is so true its not even funny......o think most people assume im a drug dealer although i dont have an LS i guess a lexus is a lexus on most peoples eyes...i just laugh i kinda get a kick out of it
Interesting you mention drug dealer, in one of my 1st threads (bastard hit my LS & left) the guy that hit me called me a drug dealer. When I do drive my car, you may catch me in anything from a suit to jeans to sweats but mostly casual wear. Most of the looks I get are seem to be looks of admiration.
Old 12-14-11, 09:39 AM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Wellz, welcome back from the dead you old jealousy thread!

Here is my update.
I work at a small hosting company now (about 200 racks). Considering its stupid cold here and no one cares what you wear, I accordingly come to work in loose blue jeans, black t-shirt, and a camouflage hoodie. Just about every day I go out to lunch or just run over to the gasstation 1/2 mile away wearing the above mentioned clothing. The looks that I get now are unbelievable. On top of that I "dip" (smokeless tobacco) <--- that just tops it off and my car is black with 10% tint and always detailed in and out.

My best guess is that people think that I'm a drug-dealing-redneck
Old 12-14-11, 10:52 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

It must be where you live, Lexus must be an exotic car in the midwest full of rusted Chevys.

In my town, my 05' LS UL is consider as a poor man's car because it is old.

I was admiring a brand new $300k Aston Martin DBS that was parked on the street the other day, the guy who got in and drove off was wearing flip flops and dirty jeans. He looks like the owner too as exotic car salesman are always very nicely dressed.
Old 12-14-11, 11:07 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BNR34
It must be where you live, Lexus must be an exotic car in the midwest full of rusted Chevys.

In my town, my 05' LS UL is consider as a poor man's car because it is old.

I was admiring a brand new $300k Aston Martin DBS that was parked on the street the other day, the guy who got in and drove off was wearing flip flops and dirty jeans. He looks like the owner too as exotic car salesman are always very nicely dressed.
LOL! where do you reside?? Miami? Dubai?? Vegas??
Old 12-14-11, 11:25 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marklouis
LOL His location of sunny and 70 degrees year-round wouldn't describe any of those locations. Sounds like San Diego.
Old 12-14-11, 11:25 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Del Mar California.

Dubai..........haha..........that's where DBS looks like a rusted Chevy, you aren't cool unless you got a one off Veyron

Last edited by BNR34; 12-14-11 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-14-11, 11:27 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by caddyowner
LOL His location of sunny and 70 degrees year-round wouldn't describe any of those locations. Sounds like San Diego.
It is 60 degrees today, we all think we are freezing to death
Old 12-14-11, 11:44 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Btw, the town of Vegas don't have any fancy cars at all, except in front of a few fancy hotels and the exotic car rental places. All the cars are $20 rental car driven by tourist. Off the strip are all low income housings. Especially now, everyone is upside down in their foreclosures.
well sounds like Del Mar is living high on the hog.
Old 12-14-11, 11:49 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

well sounds like Del Mar is living high on the hog.
I am poor myself, but many rich folks do prefer the coastal Southern California area.

It is fun to see them picking up groceries in their Phantoms. My LS430 looks like a Corolla next to their Phantom.

Last edited by BNR34; 12-14-11 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-14-11, 11:57 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Btw, the town of Vegas don't have much fancy cars at all, except in front of a few fancy hotels and the exotic car rental places. All the cars are $20 rental car driven by tourist. Off the strip are all low income housings. Especially now, everyone is upside down in their foreclosures.
lol what are you talking about???? The most exotic cars ive ever seen in my life are here in vegas, I see zr1 corvettes and 1k hp supras/mercedes/ferraris etc all day long at common places like the grocery store or even auto zone.
hell i know younger guys my age who daily drive s500 brabus' or maserati's.

or even the guy with the audi r8 (i think thats the name of the audi super car?) who i used to see at 7-11 or the guy with the ford gt twin turbo who lives in my old neighborhood

vegas is FULL of exotic cars man....

Last edited by sj408; 12-14-11 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Some old guy gave me a dirty look this morning..