LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2004 LS 430- Brand new Owner! Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 09:33 AM
milesdf
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2004 LS 430- Brand new Owner! Wow!

Love this Forum! I'm a newby!
Just bought a 2004 LS 430 with 43,000 miles and feel great. Traded in my Avalon. Spent all weekend reading 2 inches of Owner's Manual and still am finding new stuff! Awesome!
First question: Is there a way to find the original sticker online to determine my exact custom level?
Look forward to learning about my new Lexus from you experienced "vet" owners! I've already learned a bunch!
Cheers!
Dave
Old 02-16-10, 09:54 AM
Lexie's LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dave...

Congrats! 05 owner as of last June. I'm amazed at the freewheeling capability of the LS 430. By maximizing coasting and minimizing braking, you should see anywhere from 22 to 25 mpg. I'm too impatient to get 25 mpg consistently, but 22/23 in Atlanta metro is typical for me. I also switched over to synthetic oil as I plan on having this car until death do us part (preferably not my death!).
Old 02-16-10, 10:19 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

milesdf, welcome aboard! I predict you're going to become spoiled by the LS.

Re: figuring out your option level, here are some quick notes on the '04+ version...

Base model -- no Navigation, which will also mean no Mark Levinson sound system, no cooled front seats, no sonar parking assist.
Premium -- no Navigation, but has sonar-assist parking denoted by the little round sensor plugs in the front and rear bumpers.
Ultra Luxury -- Look for the rear door window shades evident by little handles half-way along the window sill on the inside that you can grab and pull up.
Custom Luxury -- Look for the headlamp washer covers visible in the bumper just under the headlights, and *does not* have rear window shades
Modern Luxury -- Navigation but no headlamp washers

There are certainly other ways to tell, but if you aren't very familiar with the cars, I think the above will allow you to simply and quickly determine what you have.

Last edited by I6turbo; 02-16-10 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-16-10, 10:39 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Easier....

Originally Posted by I6turbo
milesdf, welcome aboard! I predict you're going to become spoiled by the LS.

Re: figuring out your option level, here are some quick notes on the '04+ version...

Base model -- no Navigation, which will also mean no Mark Levinson sound system
Ultra Luxury -- Look for the rear door window shades evident by little handles half-way along the window sill on the inside that you can grab and pull up.
Custom Luxury -- Look for the headlamp washer covers visible in the bumper just under the headlights, and *does not* have rear window shades
Modern Luxury -- Navigation but no headlamp washers

There are certainly other ways to tell, but if you aren't very familiar with the cars, I think the above will allow you to simply and quickly determine what you have.
Rear side window shades can be faked easily... upgrading DIY for $400. Sureway to check for UL is rear pull down arm-rest, does it have multi-function control like radio, air, etc?

Don't forget the premium edition, wedged in between the base and modern. No NAV, but had heated and I believe cooled front seats.
Old 02-16-10, 11:24 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome, Dave. I believe any Toyota or Lexus dealer can enter the VIN into a system and get a printout of the trim level and options on the car. I don't think it looks like the window sticker, though.
Old 02-16-10, 11:25 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put up some pics of the car!!
Old 02-16-10, 11:57 AM
stanell1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new purchase. I hope you enjoy your car for many years. Take the time to take some pics and post them.
Old 02-16-10, 01:54 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Rear side window shades can be faked easily... upgrading DIY for $400.
True, but I'll bet there are practically no cars out there that have been modified this way.

Don't forget the premium edition, wedged in between the base and modern. No NAV, but had heated and I believe cooled front seats.
Good catch -- I just added Premium to the list. I've never actually seen an '04+ LS without the components of the Premium package. Have you?
Old 02-16-10, 01:56 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

congrats on the ride and welcome. I'd love to have an LS myself
Old 02-16-10, 02:00 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome to CL... You will find some great info on here.. GL...
Old 02-16-10, 02:19 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!!!!L.G.N.M
Old 02-16-10, 02:30 PM
milesdf
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I have the Modern Luxury as I have the Nav system but no headlight washers, that i can find.
The Toyota dealer I bought it from didn't seem to know how to get the options from the VIN.
Only glitch I have found so far is the rear window shade does not respond to the button on the dash. Will find and check the fuse first, then ask for help!
Need to have a PHD to understand the Nav system. Bluetooth works great!
Photos coming... Again, thanks for the support and info!
Dave
Old 02-16-10, 03:00 PM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is probably the best damn car ever made. You wil find things out about it months from now. I even pull a trailer with mine with a 720 lb motorcycle on it and still get 17 mpg at 70 mph. Amazing. I'm not even sure what model I have. Can anyone help? Its got nav, heated and cooled seats, parking assist,ML stereo. I know one of the experts on here can tell me what I got. Its an 03 and its still under CPO til sept 2011.

I have had 30 cars at last count in my life and this one surpasses anything I have ever owned. Liked it so much bought the wifey a ES330.
Old 02-16-10, 04:05 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by milesdf
Will find and check the fuse first, then ask for help!
Need to have a PHD to understand the Nav system. Bluetooth works great!
Photos coming... Again, thanks for the support and info!
Dave
welcome aboard

not at all on the PhD for the nav....wait until you get into the German car.......pain in the ***
Old 02-16-10, 05:03 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome to CL!

The rules around here is you have to post pics up of your LS430, and when yu do any mods.

Quick Reply: 2004 LS 430- Brand new Owner! Wow!