LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Blacked Out Headlights....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-09, 05:58 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, that headlamp looks sick, but yeah i agree with junjdm, might as well of added some of the new hip led lights like all the cats out in the far east are doin' seein as how you had the light open and all.
Old 05-21-09, 07:07 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED's?

Ok, so where does one find these LED's that you (jun and sojah) are referring to? I've seen them on the Mode Parfume thread but I'm not sure where they are able to be purchased. If you know where I can find them, I'd be interested to know.
Old 05-21-09, 07:38 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i've only seen them in magazines. not so much in an actual store. i would just search for led strip (usually between 4-6 lights) on line. have you seen the new bmw's actually have them, although they are not as cool looking, and i think they're like a dull amber on the bmw's.
Old 05-21-09, 07:53 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

this is the cover of the mag i was talking about:

Old 05-21-09, 08:01 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i know it ain't much but this is the car i was talking about, it has the small led strip in the blacked out headlight + the matching half blacked out led mirrors plus ur headlights + blacked out grill and symbols... i have this mag at home and my scanner is garbage so i really don't feel like messing with it but its vip car issue number 156 and i searched online for like 20 mins to no luck, i can't read japanese though so maybe someone else can provide a better link. this car is crazy in the inside pics...

also the color isn't like triple black like urs, its more of a muted almost flat matte black but still glossy so not matte if you will.
Old 05-21-09, 02:33 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
Can't argue with that Shlommy, when manhood is thrust upon you... you must answer the call! Glad to see that you got to keep your LS. What happened to baby bro? Did he get a nice ride too afterall or is he slummin' it?
he's not driving anything he still trying to catch rides

I offered to get him a civic or an accord, but he refused and said he wanted a lex. My dad said he doesn't deserve one and he's not experienced enough to drive a lex so i geuss i win
Old 02-02-18, 05:39 PM
mediaone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Lexus LS430

Just put 20" wheels on... The tail lights need smoked!
I want headlight covers or tint for lights, what is best option?
Few minor issues I have with he car are the steering wheel seems loose. I have heard other people have had same problem. It works fine just loose stools too of column. Drivers window gets stuck because all of the rubber needs replaced. Where can I get that? Upper and lower rubber. Two seats need leather replacement.
This is absolutely the best car I've ever had. I mean I have had newer cars more expensive cars but this is the best. It's taken me many miles no issues.
I have hit 265,000 miles bought with 70,000 only regular maintenance
Old 02-02-18, 07:17 PM
mediaone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Lexus LS430

I want headlight covers or tint for lights, what is best option? My thought is I may change my mind later and want to remove them when I go to sell the car.
Also, Few minor issues I have with the car are the steering wheel seems loose. I have heard other people have had same problem. It works fine just loose at the steering column. Drivers window gets stuck because all of the rubber needs replaced. Where can I get that? Upper and lower rubber. Two seats need leather replacement.
This is absolutely the best car I've ever had. I mean I have had newer cars more expensive cars but this is the best. It's taken me many miles no issues.
I have hit 265,000 miles bought with 70,000 only regular maintenances. I also was looking for a black grille eithwita logo in it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Old 02-03-18, 05:28 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Welcome aboard Mediaone. I see you double posted.. Twice for emphasis

For 265K the car looks pretty good. There are many threads on the forum that discuss the concerns you've raised.

With the mileage you have, the steering will feel loose, but can be remedied with new bushings throughout. LCA bushings and UCA bushings should help, but it may be strut issues as well.

Try lubricating the seals on the window track with Shin Etsu grease. It works fantastically and it's made by Honda, so you know it's good!

Seats, yeah you'll have to find a shop to recover them, or tackle it your self...
The following users liked this post:
MikeFoxx (02-05-18)
Old 02-03-18, 02:56 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mediaone
... It works fine just loose stools too of column.
Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
I think he double posted because of some loose stools. Sorry, it's been a crappy day around here too.

Mediaone, I'd say you've gotten your money's worth out of that one. Here's to the next 200k miles...
Old 02-04-18, 01:23 AM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mediaone
I want headlight covers or tint for lights, what is best option? My thought is I may change my mind later and want to remove them when I go to sell the car.
Also, Few minor issues I have with the car are the steering wheel seems loose. I have heard other people have had same problem. It works fine just loose at the steering column. Drivers window gets stuck because all of the rubber needs replaced. Where can I get that? Upper and lower rubber. Two seats need leather replacement.
I have hit 265,000 miles bought with 70,000 only regular maintenances. I also was looking for a black grille eithwita logo in it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

My lights looked like that when I bought my LS430. I'm a car painter by trade and all I did to my lights was sand them thoroughly with P800 paper on a DA sander, clean them up with isopropyl alcohol, masked out the headlight bodies, then applied 2 coats of PPG plastic primer, followed by 2-3 coats of PPG HS clearcoat. Where I live it is illegal to tint head lights, and to some degree, tail lights, but I smoked my tail lights and side indicators by doing the same method, but I just added a few grams of jet black 2K paint to the clear coat. I've done this to all my cars and the paint has never failed on me, even with high pressure waterblasting. I ended up going for a lighter smoke on my Lexus than my Mondeo, but the process did uncover the orange plastic for my indicators, which had just a red coating over them for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails Blacked Out Headlights....-11156158_806927616066968_1137764281243884482_n.jpg   Blacked Out Headlights....-_dsc6505.jpg  
Old 02-05-18, 11:43 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier

For 265K the car looks pretty good. There are many threads on the forum that discuss the concerns you've raised.

With the mileage you have, the steering will feel loose, but can be remedied with new bushings throughout. LCA bushings and UCA bushings should help, but it may be strut issues as well.

Try lubricating the seals on the window track with Shin Etsu grease. It works fantastically and it's made by Honda, so you know it's good!

Seats, yeah you'll have to find a shop to recover them, or tackle it your self...
man... been a cool minute but I see u still keeping it pc on the boards. That's what's up I initially was like who tf brought this old one out but realized the crowd has eased up from when I left ^_^

came in here because I'm about to crack my headlights open and spray the bezels with my oem paint... wanted to see if anything useful was updated but ...