LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

A feature that only the LS430 has that no other newer Lexues has.....................

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-08, 08:02 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vents where the a/c come out swing back and fourth with a push of a button!!! spreading air all over

SWINGING AIR VENTS FTW
Old 09-15-08, 08:04 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Another feature no other lexus ever had or ever will have....

Hidden "Double Secret" draws under the front seats

Great place to hide the valet key, cash, etc.

I do luv the Osillating vents too!
Old 09-16-08, 12:11 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i perfer the push button... with credit card key...
Old 09-16-08, 08:43 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
another feature no other lexus ever had or ever will have

Swinging Air vents
The new LS doesn't have it huh? I never bother to check.
Old 09-16-08, 09:19 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Forget fingerprint acceptance, I believe cars will have voice command after reading your pupils. That would be cool. I like the driving experience but in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I'd love to just tell the car to take over all functions while I surf the net.
Old 09-16-08, 09:53 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by reggiek
I like the driving experience but in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I'd love to just tell the car to take over all functions while I surf the net.
Agreed 100%.

We want to drive the car when the road is free and is fun to drive, in stop and go traffic, the computer should take over in auto pilot, then the human can take a nap, or surf the net.....etc.

The technology is almost there, the latest Infiniti FX has stop and go traffic computer assist.....while it doesn't completely take over yet, but it is the 1st step heading that direction.
Old 09-16-08, 10:56 AM
BR_blake
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
On the mercedes, if you were to depress the turn signal without engaging it, it will blink 3 times and shut off. Little things to say "oooh and ahhh" for luxury cars
This and the click over to auto-start on my C 240 is the only features I miss. Other than that....Mercedes will never get another dollar out of me!!!
Old 09-16-08, 10:57 AM
BR_blake
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
another feature no other lexus ever had or ever will have

Swinging Air vents

Mazda started that back in the early 90's with the 929
Old 09-16-08, 02:26 PM
Lexus 1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BR_blake
Mazda started that back in the early 90's with the 929
Even earlier '84 626
Old 09-17-08, 12:44 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

The air verts get a lot of wow and look at thats....but everyone that sits in the back seat always says...."whoaw..I have my own mirror..." Stupid but funny. I love it when an enthusiast gets in the car and starts poking and prodding everything!
Old 09-17-08, 12:51 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hook and crook

Originally Posted by bigcory
The air verts get a lot of wow and look at thats....but everyone that sits in the back seat always says...."whoaw..I have my own mirror..." Stupid but funny. I love it when an enthusiast gets in the car and starts poking and prodding everything!
I poked and proded almost every part of the LS430 I tested yesterday. CL level and I was pretty close to getting it so I did the full "white glove" treatment on it. I must say... there are some nice "googies" on the LS, but I could not figure the need for the electric doors. You virtually have to close to the point of touching the door closed, so why have the auto closer? Too lazy to just SLAM the door? Then the salesperson mentioned that perhaps used to close the door quietly so as not to wake up the kids inside. Then I thought, good to have for those late night returns and not to wake up the WIFE !!!!
Old 09-17-08, 12:53 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Oh brother... how many "lazy" features can an auto manufacturer come up with? I can see in a few years, using fingerprint imaging for starting up the car, so that you don't even carry a fob. Reads your finger prints for the door, and then for the ignition button that you don't even "press" you just put your finger up against it and it reads and start if match. The seats would go to your present position once the door reader reads your fingerprint. Of course there would be separate reader for electronic only, or something like that. For valet, just have a setting to set to "valet" and then at that point, it will just open and close by the valet. Ahhhhh.. how lazy we can dream.
I think what will be really impressive is when the car will recognize your fermones and you wont have to touch/smell/taste anything to open and start your car. lol... Picture this lame version of smartaccess...

Lexus Manual:
"To unlock your vehicle, please lick the designated point shown in the diagram to the right. The LS430 will automatically sense the DNA present in your saliva to determine that the car belongs to you. Valets may gain access to the system by rubbing their bum on the same point, although they will not have access to trunk area".
Old 09-17-08, 12:55 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

but you'll have access to the valets trunk area....
Old 09-17-08, 01:06 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
but I could not figure the need for the electric doors. You virtually have to close to the point of touching the door closed, so why have the auto closer? Too lazy to just SLAM the door?
The electric door latch is a guarantee that the door will shut 100% everytime, regardless of how soft you close the door.

From now on when you are in other cars, everytime you have to reopen the door to reclose it because it wasn't shut all the way, remember you don't have to do that in the LS430.

Now you understand the purpose of the electric door latch?
Old 09-17-08, 06:12 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Can't close a door?

Originally Posted by BNR34
The electric door latch is a guarantee that the door will shut 100% everytime, regardless of how soft you close the door.

From now on when you are in other cars, everytime you have to reopen the door to reclose it because it wasn't shut all the way, remember you don't have to do that in the LS430.

Now you understand the purpose of the electric door latch?
I think it's more a chauffeur feature. Close the door nicely, instead of slamming in the face of the executive. I mean honestly, you can't close the door properly? I know the LS430's door is heavier than most, but I closed it a few time without problems. Also, in over 20 years of driving, I can probably count on one hand the amount of times that I've "mis-closed" a door.

Doesn't seem an interesting feature to me. Plus, having it, what do you tell your passengers? "Oh, Suzie, you don't have to slam the door, just close until the latch touches and it will closed itself." SLAM !!!! Suzie will say "Screw you, you think I'm a sissy?"

Quick Reply: A feature that only the LS430 has that no other newer Lexues has.....................