Registering at Lexus.com Owner club

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-08, 06:43 AM
naughty77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Registering at Lexus.com Owner club

hi all
i bought a used car (LS430 model 2001) from DUBAI and it is american exported so it is with amercian specs. i need help on the folowing:

1) i do not have the manual so i know nothing about the car. any one has the manual electrnically or is there a place where i get it.

2) the head light lamp is ON whenever the car is on , which odd in this region , is there a way i can turn off this easily.

3) the on i bought is half ultra (no sensor or camera) but has leather, navigation, xenon lights, sunroof, seat heating, .is there a way i can add the camera or is it complicated. any one has the cost in dollars.

4) the battery is diffenet , i asked the LExsus dealer here, they do not have maintenace free battery in stock. Does any one know the battery specs (volts, amps, name) so i can look for commericla batterey set outside lexsus , example ACDELCO or the like.

5) the navigation is not owrking in the DUBAIO region. I found some does the programming but costly. is there an easy way i can programme it myself with less cost.
many thanks

Last edited by naughty77; 01-19-08 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-19-08, 08:13 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

1) Visit lexus.com (US) and the lexus owners page. If you give the VIN number of the car, you can access the on-line manual.

2) I don't think so.

3) I don't know.

4) It would seem that any shop that sells batteries would have the part number for almost every car. Maybe not in Dubai?

5) Forget Lexus navigation. Get a Garmin GPS. I have an '05 with Factory GPS and an '02 with an add-on Garmin Nuvi 650 and the Garmin is MUCH better except for screen size and the fact that it isn't built in. Graphics better, location finding better, directions to destination much better.

Good luck. Do you plan to bring the car to the US?
Old 01-23-08, 07:51 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by naughty77
hi all
i bought a used car (LS430 model 2001) from DUBAI and it is american exported so it is with amercian specs. i need help on the folowing:

1) i do not have the manual so i know nothing about the car. any one has the manual electrnically or is there a place where i get it.

2) the head light lamp is ON whenever the car is on , which odd in this region , is there a way i can turn off this easily.

3) the on i bought is half ultra (no sensor or camera) but has leather, navigation, xenon lights, sunroof, seat heating, .is there a way i can add the camera or is it complicated. any one has the cost in dollars.

4) the battery is diffenet , i asked the LExsus dealer here, they do not have maintenace free battery in stock. Does any one know the battery specs (volts, amps, name) so i can look for commericla batterey set outside lexsus , example ACDELCO or the like.

5) the navigation is not owrking in the DUBAIO region. I found some does the programming but costly. is there an easy way i can programme it myself with less cost.
many thanks

1) you can find it at lexus.com and click and register at the owners sections. The manual should be available there.

2) That is your DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS or DRL. Its a safety feature. There should be a relay (or fuse) that you can pull to turn it off. Your high beam indicator might stay on afterwards. check the fuse box for DRL or daytime running lights.

3) no backup camera was even offered in 01. To much of a hassle to get a unit from an 04 and wire it up.

4) Just make sure it has more than 800 cranking ups.

5) navi is a different gen. What i would suggest you do (and i have not tried this myself.) is to get a Navi ECU from another LS430 there (i know navi was not offered until 04 there, and thats ok), and just plug it into your system, it should be plug and play, but check the plugs to make sure they are the same before making any purchases. Than all you would need is a local middle east map disc.
Old 01-24-08, 08:38 AM
naughty77
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks a lot

thanks a lot guys
you helped me a lot
i got it fully checked up but costed me an arm and leg. the sad thing the nearest lexsus dealer does not take non middle east specs for servicing and checks but there are lots of place they do services and checks but do know them easily, espicially do to with car electronic stuff.
the only problems i have yet to be solved:

1) the start up is not smooth,,it makes sounds like if the battery is drained but work eventutally. i checked with an elctrician and he things possibly fuel pump and i will see him next week to get his computer checking.

2) the navigation is easily programmed including truning off the day light lights but costy 300 dollars, but very few people doing it. They will format and do something to ECU and obviosuly middel east maps cd.
many thanks
i will come back with questions or just feedback
have a nice day
Old 01-24-08, 09:15 AM
naughty77
Driver School Candidate

Default Registering at Lexsus.com Owner club

hi folks
i am outside the US.
I was looking for the Owner Manual and i got help on my other thread that i can register at lxsus.com club owner, but when i try to reigster it shows only US address and i tried many times to look for the internationl club owner in that page but could not find any. i need owner manual for LS43 2001 model.
any help
many thanks
Old 01-24-08, 11:53 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

thanks a lot guys
you helped me a lot
i got it fully checked up but costed me an arm and leg. the sad thing the nearest lexsus dealer does not take non middle east specs for servicing and checks but there are lots of place they do services and checks but do know them easily, espicially do to with car electronic stuff.
the only problems i have yet to be solved:

1) the start up is not smooth,,it makes sounds like if the battery is drained but work eventutally. i checked with an elctrician and he things possibly fuel pump and i will see him next week to get his computer checking.

2) the navigation is easily programmed including truning off the day light lights but costy 300 dollars, but very few people doing it. They will format and do something to ECU and obviosuly middel east maps cd.
many thanks
i will come back with questions or just feedback
have a nice day

1) get a brand name battery.

2) Tha navi cannot be reprogrammed. You have a GEN 2, so unless cars there came with navi pre-04 which is a gen4 it wont work. The Theres no reprogramming, unless by programing you meant overriding the navi, and overwriting the region, which you can do yourself.

Also, there is no way to re-program the ECU to turn off the daytime running lights, its not an ECU feature, but an electrical one.

Have not even seen anyone who can re-write the Navi generation2 ECU to get it to work with middle eastern generation 4 navigation discs.
Old 01-24-08, 11:56 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

hi folks
i am outside the US.
I was looking for the Owner Manual and i got help on my other thread that i can register at lxsus.com club owner, but when i try to reigster it shows only US address and i tried many times to look for the internationl club owner in that page but could not find any. i need owner manual for LS43 2001 model.
any help
many thanks
I've merged your threads since they about the same topic.

They wont send manuals to international addresses if thats what your asking. However, if for the registration process, put in any U.S. address, and you should be ok. That will allow you to enter into the website, and read the owners manual online.
Old 01-24-08, 01:21 PM
naughty77
Driver School Candidate

thanks GRAND

a bit of struggle for the manal and delaer in this country is bad.

for the navigation, i am poor technically, i meant i think overriding, i wish i can do it myself,if it is easy please let me know. I found one whom i will see next week to sort it out at some cost, expensive though around 300 dollars for navigation sorting out checks and switching off the day runing light.

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
I've merged your threads since they about the same topic.

They wont send manuals to international addresses if thats what your asking. However, if for the registration process, put in any U.S. address, and you should be ok. That will allow you to enter into the website, and read the owners manual online.
Old 01-26-08, 12:15 AM
naughty77
Driver School Candidate

sorry folks
i am asking many questions
i have one problem the day i bought the car few days back. The problem is slow starting up (it is not normal, despite the fact i never use lexsus before). i chnaged battery, plugs and full services but i still have the problem.
i checked and i still checking with electrician and he thinks maybe fuel pump.
if any one have had the same problem and how did they sort it out please let me know
thanks and really appreciate you support