ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   AC front Vents oscillating problem (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/281409-ac-front-vents-oscillating-problem.html)

Salil022 05-11-07 01:23 PM

AC front Vents oscillating problem

i just purchased 04 LS430 and looks like front vents does not oscillates, any suggestions?

Nauticalx 05-11-07 01:29 PM

My 02 also doesn't oscillate, I also wonder what may be causing it.

racinstyle 05-11-07 01:54 PM

they dont ocillate at certain a/c speeds. I know when I select auto on my a/c it takes 5-10min before it starts to ocillate.

Salil022 05-11-07 02:18 PM

ok i'll try to leave my ac on for few mins and check

thanks

ayonnebay 05-11-07 03:34 PM

Set with "CLIMATE" button

On the 04 LS430 (with Nav) hitting the CLIMATE button will display buttons on the screen. The Oscillation on/off button is on the left of the display.

FLIPPU 05-11-07 03:36 PM

It might be something to do with a sensor..The way I understood the Oscillating Fan..it senses hotspots in the car and also if there is a passenger or not...It will blow the AC on the hotspot until the temperature is even between the driver's and passenger's section.

I notice it blows only the driver's side (for a little bit) when I have no passenger..then it will eventually even the distribution of air out.

Mike

CG lover 05-11-07 04:16 PM

have watched mine and the vents start moving immediately after hitting the nav screen button,, "appears" they continue to move at the same speed and width of sweep,, never have seen it deviate,,??????

guess something back in the drive unit may be out of whack or broke if it is not working,,

daughter had this feature on her Nissan many years past and she used it all the time and never had a probloem with it,, I always thought it would shoot craps as a first item in need of repair,, never broke,,

Salil022 05-11-07 04:16 PM

oscillating switch is turned on under climate screen option. I remember in the 01-02's LS430 as soon as you switch the oscillating button on or press auto , it starts oscillating right away.

Salil022 05-12-07 03:22 PM

Tried leaving the air on auto for more than 10 mins and vents doesn't oscillate so i am guessing there is definitely something wrong with them. Should i bring it to the dealer's attention, since i have 30 days. But i am afraid they are going mess things up since they are not lexus dealer.

lexusls430 05-12-07 04:45 PM

They wont know how to fix it. Bring it to the dealer, your car is under warranty unless you have more than 50k miles. Try deactivating them and then activating them it may work. Good luck.

encore888 05-12-07 04:49 PM

I read that sometimes they get stuck and need to be oiled, but no real-world experience if that's true.

Salil022 05-13-07 10:34 AM

unfortunately car has 63k on it, so it is out of warranty:sad:

Datacom9 05-15-07 02:37 PM

I thought I had the same problem until I looked in the manual. To re-iterate another post, the oscillation depends on the temperature inside the car. Even how far the vents swing are variable. I just made sure the option was activated, then relaxed as it went to work.

Incidentally, there have been about 5 things I thought were broken on my car. First was: "Hey, why won't the side mirrors tilt down anymore?" ;)

I hope everything works out for you, though!

schack 03-11-13 07:29 PM

Have noticed lately that only the passenger side oscillating vent works. The drivers side vent never moves. I have tried various temp. settings and still the drivers side vent does not move. Could it be a faulty sensor or is there a motor for the drivers side vent that has failed. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

aypues 03-12-13 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by schack (Post 7816110)
Have noticed lately that only the passenger side oscillating vent works. The drivers side vent never moves. I have tried various temp. settings and still the drivers side vent does not move. Could it be a faulty sensor or is there a motor for the drivers side vent that has failed. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes, the motor is faulty.