LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Adjusted air suspension ride height

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 01:06 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used this method AND also the DataSystem..I do not think it makes a difference in ride height as I am only able to lower it to "5" on the controller, where my 01 UL allowed me to go all the way down to "9" i think it was.

Mike
Old 03-28-07, 02:58 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FLIPPU
I used this method AND also the DataSystem..I do not think it makes a difference in ride height as I am only able to lower it to "5" on the controller, where my 01 UL allowed me to go all the way down to "9" i think it was.

Mike
Hey Mike are you sure your controller isnt in safe mode?
Old 03-28-07, 09:23 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by juniorEXE
Hey Mike are you sure your controller isnt in safe mode?
I dunno..didn't know such a thing existed on this controller.
Old 03-28-07, 09:37 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

These are tips I got from Dominik over on VSC. Have fun with it!

p.s. you better post updated pics

Originally Posted by Dominik
Well, first off you should verify that the unit is not in "safety mode"...
While the unit is off , press the select Switch (Bottom left switch with the square picture on it). While continuing to press the button, turn the ighition key to ON. When the unit turns on you will see "ホアンキジュンMODE" or something like that on the screen.

Press the UP switch on the right side of the unit, and the unit will display "EXTRA-DOWN MODE" When this is being displayed, press the Select switch to save the setting.

Now that you have confirmed the extra down mode, you can try a couple of things for getting it into "Hyper Low" mode as described on the website. I couldnt find any instructions for this, but for all the other controllers i have used, SuperLow is achieved by setting it to the lowest setting (i.e. 9), and then holding the down button for about 5 seconds - the display should change as per the image on the website. Do the same for front and back...

Also, getting it out of hyperlow usually requires setting the controller to at least 5. Something about resetting the computer

Hope that helps
Old 03-28-07, 09:46 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I lowered the drivers side, and its still sitting up so high... not sure why its doing that. Anyone run into that problem?
Old 03-29-07, 10:32 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

The car actually tries to EVEN the height depending on how the ground is..It's like AUTOLEVEL. You must adjust all the manual settings (rods, sliders) to where you want it first, then you will see the difference in height.

Mike
Old 03-30-07, 12:53 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

huh? aside from the sensors which we are adjusting, the air suspension doesnt have any other idea how its sitting. those sensors tell it where it is.

grandls4- maybe ur sensor is reading incorrectly? or maybe you turned them more than 360 because they will go all the way around in circles. i dont know it that would throw them off or not.
Old 03-31-07, 08:45 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FLIPPU

Mike
This seems to be the case with my system too. I believe the 01-03's go to 9 and the 04+ goes as low as 5. My unit does not seem to be in safe mode and i cannot access the super low mode it advertises.
Old 04-21-07, 12:01 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today, I tried to lower my "SUV" ride height down to "normal" height but all it lowerd was about 1/2" at the front. The key word in this adjustment is "with the car started" so that you can feel the car lowering itself. I had reached the limite of the rods and are thinking about taking them off and saw off each ends to make them shorter. Any thoughts?
I would like to have a ride height of 27" from ground to the fender(front). I know this is not the way to measure them but it's the easier way.
Old 04-21-07, 12:38 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bb430
Today, I tried to lower my "SUV" ride height down to "normal" height but all it lowerd was about 1/2" at the front. The key word in this adjustment is "with the car started" so that you can feel the car lowering itself. I had reached the limite of the rods and are thinking about taking them off and saw off each ends to make them shorter. Any thoughts?
I would like to have a ride height of 27" from ground to the fender(front). I know this is not the way to measure them but it's the easier way.
or maybe just have two rods made from the appropriate sized steel, have the ends threaded, and just swap them out with the stock ones. A machine shop could probably do that in 5 mins. If you do it post the specs so others can do it. I was thinking about doing it but can't find the time.

Last edited by jpcdmd; 04-21-07 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-30-07, 03:42 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

I guess I'm an idiot or something.

I just tried to do this, I located both of the front rods.

On the driver side front, I was able to take out the rod but only adjust the top nut, the bottom nut seemed locked into it's position.

I gave up on the rest because of that...

I guess the 600$ Datasystem is for me?

If it's any help though, the LX470 has the same front rods when I peaked under it.

Last edited by vraa; 04-30-07 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-03-07, 10:28 PM
firasm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this height mod work on a 95 LS400? do they have the same components, coz im looking into buying one.

thanks
Old 05-03-07, 10:41 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by firasm
Will this height mod work on a 95 LS400? do they have the same components, coz im looking into buying one.

thanks
If your car came with AIR SUSPENSION, it will probably be similar.

Mike
Old 05-03-07, 10:49 PM
firasm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Mike
Old 05-12-07, 02:09 PM
Topshottaz
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is This Too Low?
Attached Thumbnails Adjusted air suspension ride height-p1010027.jpg