ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/255082-how-to-tell-if-ls430-is-equpped-with-ultra-luxury-package.html)

aypues 02-08-12 07:33 PM

Here's my UL! 04 blk on blk with antiqued walnut wood trim. love it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5620566/IMG959167.jpg

Gene01 02-10-12 02:43 PM

Thanks again to caddyowner, ultim8mind, and thinkin.
I have incorporated the suggested changes, and am almost ready to post the revised doc.
Also, it has added pictures of most of the non-UL items for comparison (like the trunk photos).

Question - Should I include the priced list of options (e.g. for the 2005), or should I leave it out ?
Your opinions welcomed!

Gene01 02-10-12 02:46 PM

Sorry, jayclapp. Didn't mean to leave you out; my memory is going fast (and not in a good way :-)
Thanks for the "official" info.

jayclapp 02-10-12 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gene01 (Post 7008499)
Sorry, jayclapp. Didn't mean to leave you out; my memory is going fast (and not in a good way :-)
Thanks for the "official" info.

Thanks, but no apology needed. I think this forum is really "all together" and sometimes our shortened communication can be misunderstood. Your good work will be useful to new members and those who drop in occasionally.

Gene01 02-10-12 05:41 PM

Thanks for the kind words!
I have decided that the perfect car (for me, that is. De gustibus non disputandum) is an 04-06 LS430 with UL and preferably PCS. SInce I didn't know when I started out what the options were, I decided to seek advice here and collect a picture gallery to help me in my shopping. It is especially useful when looking at pictures from sellers, since many either don't know or misrepresent what their cars have. I have received great information and attempted to put it into a doc with the highest accuracy that I am able to. I hope to post the new edition this weekend.

If anyone knows of a well-maintained 04-06 LS430 UL for sale, I would appreciate hearing about it.
Do you think that a WTB in Club Lexus (I forget the exact forum) would be of any use?

Gene01 02-13-12 09:33 PM

Document - UL identification

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, everyone.
I have tried to take everything I have learned here about identifying the UL package, and consolidate it into a single document.
As before, I welcome and greatly appreciate all comments, suggestions, and especially corrections.

Please see the later version attached to post #84. This one contains incorrect information.

thinkin 02-14-12 06:07 AM

It's looking great, fine work!

In the trunk section you could also mention the rear A/C filter cover (the big rectangular black piece) as can be seen in your trunk UL photo as it's UL-only. Sometimes that'll be easiest to see in a poor photo due to the contrast.

Though CL also has it, you may consider a section with comparison pics for all the extra leather found on the center console, door armrests, and glove box.

jayclapp 02-14-12 07:17 AM

I know this is minor and has very little to do with visuals (which is intent of your effort), but saddle color leather is not "Nappa", but rather semi-analine as is the black color.

Gene01 02-14-12 09:38 AM

Hi, thinkin and jayclapp.
Thanks much for the feedback. It's great to have more eyeballs to proffread (sic :-) the doc!
I didn't know what the cover in the trunk was - your input is most helpful.
Good catch on the leather mistake.
I will add your suggested changes in the next few days.

I also have created a doc with the options/packages organized so that you can immediately tell what features are included in each package.
Do you think it should be a part of this one, or a separate doc?

Gene01 02-15-12 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK. I have attached the "final" version which includes the options/packages information.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions.

Tee 02-15-12 10:50 AM

Thx for putting a nice PDF and great job Gene01!

Gene01 02-16-12 08:07 AM

You are welcome!
Please let me know if you think of any way of improving the doc.
All feedback is welcome.

bobbyg49 07-08-13 08:10 AM

Good post.

qazzxcv 09-06-13 08:50 AM

i actually have ordered one of these, 2003, ls 430, it is called the ececutive package, they come with everything, EXCEPT chrome rims i that year were optional, you can usually tell exec package when the car has rear reclining seats, nad all of the above, rear ac controls, refrigerator, height controls and sport suspension, MARK LEVINSON audio wit 6cd changer, laser cruise, sun shades and rear auto sun shade, the rest of the options usually come in different packages, but onething is for sure is the rear reclining seats, with massagers and ac controls, hope this helps, and BTW that car purchased that way in 2003 cost 70k out the door, 74k with extended warranty, i know because i bought one, a d added chrome rims which did nto come with the executive package
Mark

Gene01 09-07-13 09:10 AM

"Executive package" was not offered on US cars (at least on 04-06 - 01-03 could be different), so if you could post the line of the door frame placard that begins with "C/TR:", it would be interesting to see what the intended market was.
Sport suspension was not available with either CL or UL on US cars.
Laser cruise could have (optionally) been replaced by radar cruise on CL and UL cars if the PCS option was ordered.
Thanks for the information!