ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/255082-how-to-tell-if-ls430-is-equpped-with-ultra-luxury-package.html)

Gene01 01-24-12 12:52 PM

Wow! A thousand "arigato"s to JasonRN87. That was EXACTLY what I needed to know.
Your post goes in my permanent clip file.
I am considering (synonyms for "wishing" and "hoping") acquiring an '04 to '06 LS430, and many sellers include a picture of the dash panel, but I haven't seen a single one of the rear seat armrest opened, and very few of the area over the rear doors (to show A/C vents).
I have read in the CL fora about the increased maintenance (mostly for the air suspension), but the cool factor of the UL package is almost irresistible.
I haven't found the "everything you need to know about buying an LS430" yet, but CL is very large. I don't want to go Off Topic here.
Awesome response to my first post - not only answered the question, but also "what you should have asked".
Thanks for the welcome, and wish me luck.

caddyowner 01-24-12 03:01 PM

Other techniques for identifying a UL from pics:

- Front bumper has headlamp washers (only on UL and CL models unless bumper cover replaced with wrong part number). Most every car ad has clear pic(s) of the front bumper.

- Inside of trunk does not extend to the back seat and there is no pass-through.

- Tabs and hooks around inside of rear door glass for side sunshades.

jayclapp 01-24-12 03:11 PM

Don't forget the rear power seat memory set and recall buttons in the UL. They are located just in front of the interior door opener. Sometimes you can spot these in photos of the rear seats even if the center arm rest is not in the down position and you also cannot see the A/V vents above the door in the rear.

Gene01 01-26-12 03:12 PM

Everyone here has been most helpful!
I am putting together a Word document with all the information that has been posted rgarding the UL package identification, and I will post it here as an attachment.
If anyone objects to my plagiarism, please let me know.

For vraa (post #8) - I know it's 6 years old, but if your offer still holds, I could use a picture of the '04 and '05 radar antenna locations and also one if the cooler box in the rear armrest niche.

Point of curiousity from post #59 (JasonRN87) - What switches are included with the Sport package, and where are they located?
Thanks again.

Gene01 02-02-12 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, as promised, I am attaching a PDF document with pictures of all the visible UL features.
Many thanks to all who have contributed - pictures or text.

I would like to add photos of the Sport switches and emblems (I know they are not UL features, but are interesting anyway).

Any observations, suggestions, and corrections are welcomed.

Edit - please see the later revised doc in post #84 on the next page. This version (and the one in post #80) contains incorrect information.

caddyowner 02-02-12 09:10 PM

A couple corrections/additions to your pdf for US models:

- 04-06 interior color options are ecru comfort leather, saddle comfort leather, or black semi-aniline leather

- The lowest row of buttons on the center console:
Rear window shade: all models
Traction control off: all models
Rear seat adjustment: UL only
Headlamp washers: UL & CL only
Front heated/cooled seat controls: cooled(blue) zone on premium, ML, CL, and UL models. Base model has heat (red) only.

- You need a picture and description of the lower, right, front bumper opening for the laser cruise control (UL and CL only)

jayclapp 02-05-12 09:44 AM

According to my Lexus literature for the 04 UL, the ecru color is for "Nappa leather" , while the black or bordeaux (saddle) colors are for "Semi Aniline" leather.

Gene01 02-06-12 02:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I will add the descriptions for the lower row of switches on the console,
and will search for a picture of the laser cruise control on the front bumper.
I have a bit of confusion here. I thought I had read that the laser system was replaced by the radar system if PCS was installed (optional on the CL and UL only). Was the laser opening covered by a plug, or was the bumper cover a different part number which would be missing the opening altogether?

Also, is there a concensus on the leather options? I am not very knowledgable about the different grades or colors. Trying to merge caddyowner's and jayclapp's posts, it looks like there are 3 options:
1. Ecru "Nappa"
2. Black semi-aniline
3. Saddle (bordeaux) semi-aniline
Is bordeaux a tan color?
What is the difference between Nappa and Semi-aniline other than the manufacturing process?
Feel, softness, etc? Anything that might show up in a photo?

Thanks again for helping to make this as accurate a document as possible.

ultm8mind 02-06-12 03:55 PM

I can take pics of my UL if you would like to see something in a pic.

ultm8mind 02-06-12 03:56 PM

Also my laser is in front grille, a glass insert in the center

Gene01 02-06-12 05:18 PM

Hi, ultm8mind. Thaks for the offer!
I assume that your UL is not an '04 model year, because I have heard that the radar sensor is at the bottom of the grille instead of in the center.
Also, I thought that the glass "shield" in the center of the grille was a radar sensor for Dynamic Cruise Control, which replaces the laser sensor if the Pre-Collision System option is installed.
Please help me understand this, because it looks loke I am confused about the whole laser/radar/dynamic cruise/Pre-Collision thing.
Caddyowner advised (post #65 above) that I need a picture of the lower right front bumper area showing the opening for the laser cruise control. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

thinkin 02-06-12 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gene01 (Post 6999118)
Caddyowner advised (post #65 above) that I need a picture of the lower right front bumper area showing the opening for the laser cruise control. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

I don't have a good front pic of my car handy but you can see it well on this car, on the passenger side of the center lower ribbed grill section.

http://www.automobile.com/images/sto...654318f10a.jpg

ultm8mind 02-07-12 08:15 PM

I dunno, I know mine is a UL, lol... I have the glass in the center grille as stated above. Lemme know if that can help.

caddyowner 02-08-12 05:22 AM

My understanding of 04-06 leather and wood trim:

Base car: Black, cashmere (tan), and ash (gray) solid leather
Premium & ML: Black, cashmere, and ash perforated leather
CL & UL: Ecru (cream) comfort(?) leather, saddle (orange/brown) comfort(?) leather, black semi-aniline leather.

Cars with cashmere and ecru interiors had golden birds-eye maple wood trim (all levels). Base, premium, and ML cars with black or ash interiors had walnut wood trim. CL and UL cars with black or saddle leather had antiqued walnut wood trim.

01-03 cars had some different leather and wood colors, including a beautiful bordeaux (dark red) semi aniline leather on the CL and UL trim levels. Someone else will have to detail the leather and wood on those model years.

jayclapp 02-08-12 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by caddyowner (Post 7002831)
My understanding of 04-06 leather and wood trim:

Base car: Black, cashmere (tan), and ash (gray) solid leather
Premium & ML: Black, cashmere, and ash perforated leather
CL & UL: Ecru (cream) comfort(?) leather, saddle (orange/brown) comfort(?) leather, black semi-aniline leather.

Cars with cashmere and ecru interiors had golden birds-eye maple wood trim (all levels). Base, premium, and ML cars with black or ash interiors had walnut wood trim. CL and UL cars with black or saddle leather had antiqued walnut wood trim.

01-03 cars had some different leather and wood colors, including a beautiful bordeaux (dark red) semi aniline leather on the CL and UL trim levels. Someone else will have to detail the leather and wood on those model years.

If you go to the My Lexus web site and view the previous years Lexus specs you will find that they have no mention of "comfort" leather. In the options list you will find that they call the ecru color leather as "Nappa leather" while the black and bourdeaux (saddle color) are called "semi analine".

Nappa and semi analine are descriptions of leather types and processing.