LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS 430 and Motorola V3 Razr Phone

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 07:43 AM
ihparker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS 430 and Motorola V3 Razr Phone

I have a Motorola V3 Razr phone and I am trying to get full functionality with the Lexus bluetooth system. Everything works great, with two exceptions: (1) when I try to transfer the phone book (or any phone number/name combination) from the phone to the car, the entry gets messed up. Essentially, the phone number transfered does not match the name it is transferred with. So instead of Lisa with Lisa's phone number, I get Lisa with Susan's phone number; (2) only infrequently and seemingly randomly do I get caller id information passed from the phone to the car.

I called Motorola and Lexus and they are both clueless. This is particularly irking because Lexus decided for some bizzare reason to not give you any other way of entering info into the phone book and there is no way to dial via voice command.

Has anyone gotten this phone to work perfectly with the 430?
Old 02-26-05, 12:46 PM
asleep
Rookie

Just bought one, having issues with phonebook transfer. The "Bluetooth Users Guide" for LexusTalk is screwed up and does not download. What are the steps to transfer the phonebook from the V3 to the LS430?
Old 02-26-05, 01:46 PM
ihparker
Driver School Candidate

Default There is no good way

Motorola does not provide a way to download the entire address book at one time. However, you should be able to transfer one address at a time, but even that does not work.

Here are the technical steps:

1. On the Lexus, get the place on the telephone set-up screen where it asks for the address to be entered;

2. On the V3, go to the Phonebook, highlight the name of the contact you want to transfer;

3. Press the center softkey to bring up the phonebook menu

4. The last entry in the menu, says send. Select that.

5. You will see either your Lexus or {look for Devices]; Select one or the other and you will be prompted to send. CLick send

6. On the Lexus, you will be asked to confirm the transfer

That should technically do it, but for the problem that I noted in my post.

My solution was to spend $250 on a Sony Ericson Phone, swap the Sim, create my address book on that phone and then transfer the phonebook. AFter I had the Lexus set up, I switched the SIM back to my V3, which is paired with the Lexus.
Old 02-27-05, 09:34 AM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

I usually dial directly from the cell phone, since dialing via the nav is disabled while the car is in motion. Dial on the cell talk via handsfree
Old 02-27-05, 09:42 AM
ihparker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DeniskaGS4
I usually dial directly from the cell phone, since dialing via the nav is disabled while the car is in motion. Dial on the cell talk via handsfree
The technique you describe is what I used when I had the Verizon Motorola V710 (which had many other bluetooth issues).

The problem with the Razr phone is that if you dial using the phone, you don't hear it ring. In fact you hear nothing until about a second after the called party answers the phone. So, the first thing you hear is hello anyone there?
Old 02-27-05, 03:08 PM
asleep
Rookie

Originally Posted by ihparker
...The problem with the Razr phone is that if you dial using the phone, you don't hear it ring. In fact you hear nothing until about a second after the called party answers the phone. So, the first thing you hear is hello anyone there?
Sony-Ericsson does the same...must be a Lexus issue.