LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Resurrection '95. im saving her.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-18, 10:25 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by dicer
Wow what a story. I have questions. How is your wife now? Do you still work at Lexus? Or have you moved on from that?

my wife is no more. turns out she was sick but also lying to me. she went to get supposed treatments and instead was just making cash withdraws. come to find out she wasn't quite AS sick as she led on to, and was having an affair with an ex of hers on my dime. i left the ***** high and dry and could honestly give a rats *** if she dropped dead tomorrow. i spent my entire life savings ($115k) on what i thought was medical treatments.

yep. still work at Lexus. started out as a slow moving salesman and worked my way up the ladder in the company. i dont sell cars anymore. -thats a whole insane story in its own lol
Old 11-09-18, 10:33 AM
spuds
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 176 Posts

Cant wait for the brakes and new rubber stories,youve made some fine progress so far.
Old 11-13-18, 09:51 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

I got home with it late and had work early the next day. drove it to work still filthy dirty full of mold mildew cobwebs etc. it was kinda funny in some ways.
leaves and debris had got into every crack and crevice of this thing. it was bad. had I waited any longer, it would have killed the seals.

Old 11-13-18, 10:01 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

in some ways, it was like it was back from the dead. some longtime employees at my work remembered it and had wondered "whatever happened to beaumonts old white LS"

lots of "oh man I haven't seen that car in ages I didn't know you still had it!" but plenty of "what a waste of money and time" comments. don't care. love my car. it was pretty wild having it back in the employee parking lot after so long tho.

now, here's something interesting. this WAS MY MAIN AND ONLY CAR up till mid 2016. when I parked it, I just left everything in it bc I didn't feel like transferring everything to the mustang or into the 2000 LS when I got it, so it just sat. it was like a time capsule, everything just frozen from my life mid 2016. from paperwork shoved in-between seats and visors, like a birthday card from my dad who passed a few months after he gave it to me, sentimental things, trinkets and little stuff I had acquired or been awarded for my job at Lexus up to that point. like my 2016 RX launch tour I went to in south Florida badge still hanging on the rearview mirror. life, interrupted in mid 2016. spent most of my lunch break that afternoon sitting in the car with the cold but kind of stinky AC blowing looking through all my forgotten car stuff. it was pretty wild.

Old 11-13-18, 10:49 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spuds
Cant wait for the brakes and new rubber stories,youve made some fine progress so far.

oh that's coming.. breaks are absolutely shot.

anyway. that evening I stayed late, clocked out and headed to the wash bay. spent 2 hours cleaning, polishing, vaccuming, washing, waxing etc and she came out as pretty as she's ever been. however the clearcoat is starting to get thin. not flaking or looking bad yet but its only a matter of time at this point. I never should have let her sit so long. what I really couldn't believe at just how much mother nature had started to permeate into the car. leaves, twigs, dirt, and other debris had got into everything, and I mean everything. I found several wasp nests around the exterior of the car. one larger one was in the passanger rear door handle. if I had grabbed that handle to open the door, I would have got a pretty painful and nasty surprise for sure.. I ended up filling an entire industrial shop vac, twice with crud from inside the car, under the hood, all the door seals ,trunk seals, sunroof tracks, window tracks. the crud was everywhere. got it cleaned up and wow what a difference!!

Old 11-13-18, 11:51 AM
spuds
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 176 Posts

Im behind this project regardless of costs.You will have a fine vehicle that means a lot to you.Worthwhile in my book Rob.
Maybe polishing with a synthetic high in UV blockers might be an idea to protect that finish.
Old 11-13-18, 01:31 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 237 Posts

Great to see her back on the road again, Rob! She still shines up well.

Sorry to hear about your relationship - no one deserves for that to happen to them, especially with how much care you've given to her.
Old 11-13-18, 02:06 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Default Wreck.

The next day I started my week off work. I always take one in summer and one in the fall. well, I happened to get my 95 back at perfect timing as I had just started my first day off work. first day of vacation and first real day of the cars new life.

this is day 2. after spending hours detailing the car, it still felt dirty to me, so the next morning the sun was bright and the air was crisp and dry around 75 degrees. I pulled the trunk apart, washed and dried everything out, as well as cleaned all the other spots I had missed on the car the night before. afterwards I took my cars down to the park for a little glamor shooting. it was a beautiful beautiful day and spent just about all of it behind the wheel of my newly rebuilt 95 LS400, until.....

Old 11-13-18, 02:41 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

I honestly don't think the car had ever been that insanely clean, even when I first bought it as a mint condition one owner low mile example...

after I got done with the photo shoot, around 5pm, I got hungry so I ran to the corner store to get a steak n cheese sub, and a coke. this is 4 blocks from my house. im doing about 25 mph just putting along not pushing the car as it only had about 70 miles on it at that point and was still breaking in the new tranny and all the other parts I had just put on 2 DAYS BEFORE, along came a BMW, that DID NOT think my beautiful 95 Ls400 that I had just put so much work into, deserved the second chance I had given it.

im driving along and before I even had a chance to react.. CRUNCH.

THE ASSHAT IN THE BMW HAD HIS NOSE BURIED IN HIS PHONE, WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION AND ROLLED RIGHT THROUGH THE STOP SIGN WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING THE BRAKES. all I saw was the front end of the bmw and the terrified driver drop his phone right before he plowed into me. I had just enough time to swing the car as far as I could over, clipping the curb and going up over the sidewalk to avoid hitting the dirt bag. it lessened the blow, but it wasn't enough to get totally out of the way of the bmw. my car went sideways, and his was smoking. next thing you know, we were both sitting in our cars, when I saw his foot lift off the brake. -he was going to try to run.

at this point, im absolutely unhinged with rage. my beautiful car I had just put so much into, barley 48 hours earlier, was destroyed. I didn't give a **** that I just had everything rebuilt. my car was wrecked so screw it I thought.

the bmw started inch forward to run. I slammed my 95 into reverse and stood on the gas. I wasn't about to let some dirtbag kill my car and get away with it. as my engine is bouncing off the redline and my tires are screaming and my car quickly backing up to go after this turd, 2 other people that had saw everything, boxed him in.

he immediately gets out of his stupid bmw ranting and raving 'IT WAS YOUR FAULT YOU WERE FLYING AND SMACKED INTO ME!!!" I immediately called the police. the two eye witnesses left their names and numbers and left. me and this dirtball yelled at each other for a few mins before we both calmed down and he apologized. sorry, but sorry doesn't cut it. it just doesn't.

I was honestly afraid to even look at my car when I saw all the beautiful pearl white paint...... all over his bumper.

I honestly didn't even want to look as I was afraid if it was bad I would have done something stupid and highly regretted shortly later when I was looking at a jail cell with dried blood all over me, but I had to. as I grimaced and turned toward my car, he had clipped my rear passenger door, and right rear wheel. it SUCKS that my BEAUTIFUL 95 Ls400 with a PERFECT body free of dings and dents, suddenly had a battle scar. turns out the guy in the BMW owned a car lot. he was a dealer transporting one of his recent acquisitions over to his detailer for lot prep.
after we had both calmed down, came the begging, and pleading from him to not report the accident. being a car dealer, accidents royally screw you with insurance. lots of bad things can happen, so I understood why he was begging me to let him fix it.

being that its an almost 25 year old, tired luxury car with 200k+ miles, id be lucky if I got a check for a grand and my car would have been totaled and crushed. even if I took him to court and sued him, sure, I probably could have got more money, but my car would still be gone. sure, I could replace it with another 1995 Ls400 in better condition, but it wouldn't be MY Ls400 that I had owned for years and years and went through so much with. if you haven't already noticed, this car isn't about cost. its about sentiment, which is priceless.

it was this douche bags lucky day. as bad as I wanted to screw him over for smacking into me, besides a small flesh wound, my car was okay. state troopers came out. neither of us filed statements, pressed charges, and shook hands that he would fix my car, and if he didn't, im taking his *** to court.

thus begins the next chapter in my resurrected 95 LS400s second life..

Old 11-13-18, 03:47 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 245 Likes on 186 Posts

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

he better repay your generosity by getting that thing fixed
Old 11-13-18, 07:14 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 237 Posts

The guy better let you pick the body shop too... That will at least require repainting all of the right side mouldings and rocker covers to match. Your car took it like a champ though.

If the pearl white paint isn't damaged too badly, maybe it might be worth getting it buffed out and paintless dent repair done to maintain the original finish(?).
Old 11-13-18, 07:36 PM
dlcoffin
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gaah thats the ****s. I just putin a rear viewer on my car, so i can see behind me, backing up, due to all the tinted windows making it hard to see at night over my shoulder
Old 11-14-18, 05:38 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

im hoping it can be popped out easy. paint isnt chipped at all. still looks good just dented in slightly. i REALLY dont want to have that part of the car repainted as it will seriously stand out. the pearl is very very hard to match. hoping for the best.
Old 11-14-18, 12:14 PM
Rokas
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I told you, I'm very happy for you Rob.

Me and him met up. His car is so much cleaner but he said he liked mine. Went for a lil drive.
Old 11-15-18, 12:24 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
my wife is no more. turns out she was sick but also lying to me. she went to get supposed treatments and instead was just making cash withdraws. come to find out she wasn't quite AS sick as she led on to, and was having an affair with an ex of hers on my dime. i left the ***** high and dry and could honestly give a rats *** if she dropped dead tomorrow. i spent my entire life savings ($115k) on what i thought was medical treatments.

yep. still work at Lexus. started out as a slow moving salesman and worked my way up the ladder in the company. i dont sell cars anymore. -thats a whole insane story in its own lol
Wow, sorry to hear that Rob, I was thinking cancer or something, and wow almost as bad, at least for you. And what a crook she was stealing like that. What goes around comes around though. Nice you have your car project, next get a good dog it will be more faithful. Take care.
I hadn't read through the whole thread here before posting, and crap about your car getting hit, maybe the old toilet plunger trick will pop it back out, or a good windshield suction cup lift tool, try not to paint if possible. If it has to be painted doing the whole car would be best, but with some of that rust and cracks??? Which should be welded up, don't know if that was done, the one near the suspension in #3 post.

Last edited by dicer; 11-15-18 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Resurrection '95. im saving her.