LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Help....Immobilizer issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17, 08:55 AM
HdLexus70
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help....Immobilizer issue

I just picked up a 92 Lexus LS 400 for cheap (replacing my paid off car that was totaled in an accident so cheap is good for now) and despite its age and a few issues it drives and performs like a Lexus should. My issue is the lady I bought it from said that the stereo never worked when she got it and that the previous owner had a bunch of fuses laying around. I also know that the only key she gave me is not the original chipped key, it is a remade one with out a chip. Well I wanted the stereo and the tilt wheel and seat memory to work so after a week of driving it I bought fuses and went to town. Wooo hoo those things now work.....bad issue....went to unlock the door (because now the auto lock works lol) and the alarm went off. Had to go through the passenger door to put the key in and turn the alarm off. Now my car wont start...nothing! I called the dealer and they said they probably put an after market alarm system in it and that when I replaced the fuses (one under the hood was actually not even in, the HAZHORN fuse, so I put one in) it over rode it and now with out the chipped key it wont recognize the key. UGH I need a running vehicle and $300 or more to get it all reset by the dealer is a little tough right now. Is there anything I can try and do to reset it? I took the fuse I had put in out and now no horn noise but the lights do flash still? Any suggestions? I do plan on getting a chipped key and having it programmed but just not this weekend