LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Wiring diagram for Celsior EMV

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-17, 06:51 AM
avhart
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Smile Wiring diagram for Celsior EMV

Hi there everyone,

I badly need the wiring diagram for a EMV multi-display unit for my 1993 Japanese spec Celsior so we can bench test it. The part number of the unit is 86111-50010. Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 04-06-19, 10:46 PM
CapnCrunch
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently acquired a wiring manual for the August 1992 model UCF10/11, which as far as I know should be accurate for the 1993 model year cars. I intend to make decent scans, but in the meantime here are phone pictures of the entire Electro Multivision section. The EMV in my 1993 UCF11 has the same symptoms as avhart's, and I'm hoping this will help either diagnose it, or failing that, adapt the wiring to use a non-EMV Pioneer headunit.

The following 2 users liked this post by CapnCrunch:
avhart (04-07-19), CELSI0R (04-08-19)
Old 04-07-19, 06:12 AM
avhart
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Amazing! Thank you so much for this information. My EMV is still on the blink and I hope this would be just what my tech needs to get it going. I am trying as much as possible to keep the car original. If you have any difficult problems to sort out with your vehicle I'd be happy to share my experiences with you.

Any other info you have re the EMV I be glad to get.

Thanks
Anthony
Old 04-07-19, 10:05 PM
LexusNAZ
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I just happened to come across this thread and its a challenge to import a JDM spec car with limited support for USDM cars since none of the Lexus models came with the options that the cars in Japan came with. Now with that being said I did find another UCF11 Navi thread Here.

Unfortunately, there is not much out there as far as quick fixes or easy DIY guides like the rest of the forum. I had a 1993 Aristo JZS147 and I was able to find a wire diagram in Japanese and then find a 1993 GS300 diagram to splice together an aftermarket door unlock remote system that replaced the JDM system so modification is possible if your patient having basic wiring diagram skills and can solder (along with mad google translate skills with a cellphone).

As for radio options you may be able to get a replacement unit or a radio adapter kit for the JDM market via buyee.jp or your importer who helped you get the car. I know with Pacific Coast Auto Imports JDM parts if you buy a car from them for a nominal fee I just email the items I want from auction or mercari.jp and they order and ship them for me. Granted I usually have special JDM treasures that came with the cars I have to get shipped over along with my other items I find to round out my cars accessories.

As for the radio kit you will need it will be a Beat-Sonic SLA-20 that allows you to plug the UCF10 standard Celsior Stock radio harness to allow an aftermarket unit. I really like the beat-sonic route I bought a kit for my Aristo and I just bought a kit for the UCF21 C Spec F Package that is in Japan waiting for export that I just bought last week (lucked out did not have navigation).

I would probably find a junk yard 1990 UCF10 USA Lexus and get the climate control plus the harness and the harness for the stock radio that is non-Nakamichi since that radio set up will not work with the beat-sonic set up. Basically, it requires the above radio diagram and google translate on your phone and the LS400 wiring diagram plus some basic electrical wiring skills to complete this. The junk yards are a plenty with these cars also check out craigslist there is usually someone that is parting out an old LS400.

You can also just keep an eye out on Yahoo Auction Japan and see if a multi-navigation pops up but they are rare to say the lest. The reality is your Celsior and my Celsior and CapnCrunch's Celsior and any other 25 year old car that we are able to purchase in Japan are from very wealthy people who either died or ended up shelling out more money on a new one. The shaken tax and road tax makes keeping these old cars around in Japan very rare unlike here an old Lexus cost pennies to drive and insure. With England, Australia and Canada having a 10+ year lead most of the cars 25 years old are few and far between. This makes part hunting even harder I have to keep looking off and on since the parts are so rare and most are auction based.

Granted I would rather import since its unrealistic to find an american LS400 with under 30,000 miles on the clock like the one I just bought that has 44,000 kms that has massaging heated rear seats.

Anyway moving on.... Below are some stock radio units for comparison a beat sonic kit and the USDM wiring harness diagram to give you an idea.

Beat Sonic Unit:

Stock Celsior radio:

Stock LS400 radio:

USDM LS400 Wiring Diagram

Last edited by LexusNAZ; 04-07-19 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-09-19, 08:28 AM
alimbek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About radio diagram of same head unit

Originally Posted by CapnCrunch
I recently acquired a wiring manual for the August 1992 model UCF10/11, which as far as I know should be accurate for the 1993 model year cars. I intend to make decent scans, but in the meantime here are phone pictures of the entire Electro Multivision section. The EMV in my 1993 UCF11 has the same symptoms as avhart's, and I'm hoping this will help either diagnose it, or failing that, adapt the wiring to use a non-EMV Pioneer headunit.

Hi
please show a radio diagrams of this book
Because i do repair of same headunit do a connection on table radio is work but display is dont see it
thank you
Old 12-26-19, 01:39 PM
Keretopa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Celsior EMV

I am trying to find a wiring Diagram or someone who can tell me which are the FL FR RR RL speaker wires which come from the stereo to the amp under the seat. Any help will be much appreciated