LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Tanin (auto electronics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-17, 09:05 AM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 407 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Tanin (auto electronics)

I have been experiencing difficulties with this vendor, but this takes the cake...

I received a phone call which awoke me at 1:38 A.M. C.S.T. from the telephone number shown on the attached screenshot....

Today I called the number and it belongs to Tanin Automotive Electronics.

I was informed "The owner called me to discuss something but that the number just rang and rang"

First, I would appreciate receiving ClubLexus membership comments on whether calling anyone (save for a booty call...here the owners name is apparently Jason...and I do not swing that way) is ever appropriate or expect to receive a call from an auto parts outlet at 1:30 in the morning for a non-emergency..especially when that person is likely to be asleep (!@$#!)

Second, the phone did not simply "rang and rang"...for those that know Galaxy phones incoming phone calls that are answered are depicted on the call log with a green arrow.... (and because I answered it)

Can anyone recommend an instrument cluster repair facility that has their act together?

Thanks Screen shot of call received from Tanin at 1:38 A.M.
Old 04-05-17, 09:12 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

accidental butt dials can happen. no big deal.
Old 04-05-17, 10:01 AM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jadu
accidental butt dials can happen. no big deal.
This was no accidental butt dial as you suggest. it was a business land line and they admitted consciously calling.

Please reread my post.
Old 04-06-17, 03:49 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

There are always two sides to every story. Our business name is "Tanin Auto Electronix" and we are not an "auto parts outlet". We are not a faceless conglomerate based out of a nameless warehouse with hundreds of drones inside. We are a small business run with family values with a number of employees that you can count using two hands. Thankfully our many years of positive reputation and commitment to the community stands behind us. We have developed many products for Lexus electronics not found anywhere else in the world and have been able to help thousands of customers get their electronics working again.

This is one embellished incident and we aren't about to start an internet argument with a difficult customer.

Our phone system is IP based and it does not matter what phone or cell phone any employee uses, it will always display our company number and name. Such are the benefits of technology. The owner returned to the company last week after being gone for several months. He is not involved in day to day operations as he has many other obligations across the country. We lost 50% of our staff through termination or resignation last week so some customer service did suffer. Since the owner has been back, he has been working 24 hours per day and sleeping in the office in order to get repairs out the door as fast as possible. It is true that he did call you, by accident. He was likely working at 2am and put your number into his cell phone for a call back later that day.

Mods, please lock the post. Feel free to contact us directly with any questions.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 04-06-17, 06:13 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
There are always two sides to every story. Our business name is "Tanin Auto Electronix" and we are not an "auto parts outlet". We are not a faceless conglomerate based out of a nameless warehouse with hundreds of drones inside. We are a small business run with family values with a number of employees that you can count using two hands. Thankfully our many years of positive reputation and commitment to the community stands behind us. We have developed many products for Lexus electronics not found anywhere else in the world and have been able to help thousands of customers get their electronics working again.

This is one embellished incident and we aren't about to start an internet argument with a difficult customer.

Our phone system is IP based and it does not matter what phone or cell phone any employee uses, it will always display our company number and name. Such are the benefits of technology. The owner returned to the company last week after being gone for several months. He is not involved in day to day operations as he has many other obligations across the country. We lost 50% of our staff through termination or resignation last week so some customer service did suffer. Since the owner has been back, he has been working 24 hours per day and sleeping in the office in order to get repairs out the door as fast as possible. It is true that he did call you, by accident. He was likely working at 2am and put your number into his cell phone for a call back later that day.

Mods, please lock the post. Feel free to contact us directly with any questions.
What embellishment?

A customer is "difficult" because they expect to be treated like a customer and do not expect wake-up calls at 1:38 A.M.??

Had Tanin personnel been forthcoming in the first place with the information above I never would have presented them my business.

Does anyone expect an advertised lead-time of one to three days would go unnoticed after two weeks?

The owner is away so I suffer the consequences...then upon his return he calls me at 1:38 A.M. in the morning...and I have yet to receive an apology..and, moreover still do not have the cluster repaired (because I am difficult I was informed yesterday my units would be returned, unrepaired, but I must pay freight...and not because it is an unrepairable unit.)

The phone call also awoke my girlfriend....who was all in a lather and demanded to know who was calling me on my cell phone at that hour... ("is there something you're not telling me"? she says)

The first step to solving a problem is acknowledging one exists...and Tanin has done that.

What they have not done is repair the cluster I hand-delivered all the way from Chicago..

Part of the purpose in visiting was for a write-up on the service...and I informed Tanin I was planning a story and yet still received. such unexpected treatment.

I visit vendors when practical before composing postings....as I did with QuickCable on the negative grounding issue...among others who offer engineered solutions.

If I was this vendor, I would be reporting that this customer was properly taken care of..and case closed.

Stay tuned...

Last edited by YODAONE; 04-06-17 at 06:19 PM.