LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

A newbie to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-15, 12:46 PM
trewat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A newbie to the forum

Hello everyone. My name is Trevor and I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm also the proud owner of a '94 LS 400; So obviously I'm looking to connect with owners of a similar make and model auto.

I hope that the forum exchanges will be both positive and beneficial to all.
Old 11-11-15, 01:04 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Welcome, tell us about your car.
Old 11-11-15, 01:06 PM
Bprakash
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 94 LS 400 also. I got it July this year.
Old 11-11-15, 01:17 PM
trewat
Driver School Candidate

Default An icebreaker of sorts...

Here's something interesting to start with as an icebreaker of sorts...three days ago I was shopping online for a pair of rear struts when I stumbled across the following struts, by Sensen:

http://apxautoparts.com/shocks-strut...-warranty.html

And to my surprise, not only were the struts very affordable, but they were also being offered at a 15% discount ! This was an opportunity that I could not pass up. Here's the coupon code: lexus15

I hope this has been of some help and/or use to those who may be in the market for a pair of rear struts for a '90-'94 model. Please let me know if this is indeed the case.
Old 11-11-15, 01:31 PM
trewat
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome dicer. Well, it has roughly 135k mi. on the odometer, its a V8, automatic, with a rear wheel drive (which is the reason that I ordered the rear shocks and struts), 250 hp; however, it's not the best on gas since it only gets about 20 mpg on the highway.
Old 11-11-15, 01:44 PM
trewat
Driver School Candidate

Hey Bprakash. Thanks for sharing the info about your car. 4 mths in and no complaints, I hope. So, what, specifically, made you want to both research and then purchase an LS 400? Was the decision process a lengthy one? Or a rather spontaneous one?
Old 11-11-15, 03:20 PM
Nishy
Rookie

Originally Posted by trewat
Here's something interesting to start with as an icebreaker of sorts...three days ago I was shopping online for a pair of rear struts when I stumbled across the following struts, by Sensen:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news in this positive thread... but Sensen struts aren't very good hence the low price. Usually we go with something like KYB which is a lot closer or similar to OE specs whilst not being much more expensive. Welcome though!
Old 11-11-15, 10:53 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

I hope no one takes this wrong..... All LS400's have a V8, All have an automatic transmission, and all are rear wheel drive. And all that is true if no one changes anything and makes it not factory stock.
Things that are different are sound systems, colors both interior and exterior, and other options like Trac, heated seats etc. The moon roof is an option but it is rare for an LS not to have it. Also there are dealer installed options as well.
Old 11-12-15, 08:42 AM
trewat
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome Nishy. I've heard of KYB as well. And I'm sure they produce quality struts...It's just that whenever I happen to stumble upon a great bargain (which, oftentimes, is not always a daily occurrence), I usually enjoy passing along the tidbit to whomever might can benefit from it...That's all.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 11-12-15, 10:48 AM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

welcome and hope you find this forum useful. always start at the FAQ, which most issues are covered at length, though don't hesitate to ask questions. post some pictures of your new pride and joy!
Old 11-13-15, 03:09 AM
30ash
Driver School Candidate

hi my name is ashley i recently bought my first lexus i have 1990 ls400 with 225k that was riddle with problems that ive mostly solve repaired replaced but im in need of assistance
Old 11-13-15, 07:20 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

Welcome to the "club", my first Lexus was a 94 LS400, since then I have had a 95,96,97, & 99's, all LS400's 12 all together, mostly two at a time so I would not have to share mine with my wife..... but as I got older (81) I had to go to just one, and this is it.... post yours also.... and you can see most of mine below..
Attached Thumbnails A newbie to the forum-003.jpg   A newbie to the forum-005.jpg  
Old 11-13-15, 01:42 PM
trewat
Driver School Candidate

Hey, Ashley. My name is Trevor. What problems, specifically, are you having with your '90 LS 400? Maybe everyone on the forum can be of some help.
Old 11-14-15, 05:27 AM
30ash
Driver School Candidate

hi every one my ls400 problem seem to be unique. like i said i have replace and repaired almost everything using the forums as guide for direction as to my problems i bought the 90 model ls not running as it had been sitting for 3+ years i replaced the fuel pump and filter/spark plugs/rotor button/distributor caps/ignition leads/coils/both cam angle sensors/crank angle sensor/ecu temp sensor/IAC/timing belt/water pump/front and rear crank and cam seals/walsh plugs/transmission seals/cleaned throttle body and intake. pulse cleaned the injectors. cleaned egr and replace all vacuum lines and coolant hoses. deleted cats. replace maf. check the compression and o2 sensor and the tps all good everything i have done has made huge improvements but im pulling my hair out because it still does not perform as it should as the 90 ls400 that i have test driven are alot more responsive my ls is quite gutless and when driving on the top of the throttle about 1300 to 1600 the rpm will drop off and come back on. oh i have also check the boot harness and im borrowing another ecu to try i will post progress and pics soon thanks to every one that has any helpfull advise cheers ash
Old 11-14-15, 06:49 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

30ash have you checked the trunk hinge wiring harness?

Quick Reply: A newbie to the forum