LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

new LS430 additions according to ls430

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-03, 12:00 PM
kuruption213
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new LS430 additions according to ls430

here is some info on the new ls430 coming out this year. on top of exterior changes that will make it look alot more sleek here are some other rumors for the upcoming ls430 that autospies have reported...

It will have a 'back up camera' option ala the Q45
You will get more standard features for the same price or LESS.
Rear seat DVD entertainment system will be optional and cleverly designed
Horsepower will get a slight bump
New wheel styles will be available (THANK GOD!)
Power open and close trunk will be available
A better phone system option is coming
Front and rear heated/cooled/massage seats will be optional
A tiptronic style transmission may make it in to the design (one of the few things we didn't like in our 2001 LS was that there was no manumatic tranny like MB, BMW and Audi)
Electric side and rear power window shades will be available
Old 02-22-03, 06:49 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the list. It will be interesting to see exactly what features the new LS430 will have and how Lexus packages them into a custom, ultra luxury or other label car. I just wonder how many of these options could be retrofitted to the existing 01'-03' LS430. Here are a few of my thoughts on select features and how they could be implemented in a 01-02 using aftermarket parts.

It will have a 'back up camera' option ala the Q45
** Using a video on navigation kit, such as Vlad's you could feed a camera's composite video output to the navigation screen. The trick would be how to mount the camera and reverse the image.

You will get more standard features for the same price or LESS.
** Great news, but the extra features will probably only still be available in the Ultra Luxury and that will demand a premium price.

Rear seat DVD entertainment system will be optional and cleverly designed
** Maybe into the rear seat center console? I wonder if they are considering a center flip down screen, like the GX470 or headrest monitors. Both types are available aftermarket.

Horsepower will get a slight bump
** Same size engine? I wonder what will provide the HP bump?

New wheel styles will be available (THANK GOD!)
** Maybe chromes that won't protrude from the tire and get scratched so easy by the curb.

Power open and close trunk will be available
** Heck it would be nice to have more of a handle to open and close the trunk. Maybe this is in place of a handle? A aftermarket spoiler from www.spoilerdepot.com makes a great handle. Self closing and open could be accomplished with an electric accouter, but would require substantial engineering with limit switches.

A better phone system option is coming
** One that let's you select a digital or G3 carrier?

Front and rear heated/cooled/massage seats will be optional
** Rear cooled seats would be nice for the VIP ride in summer, but front seat message seats would be excellent. I always feel cheated when my kids get the free message and I'm driving. So, I'm putting in my own 4 zone massage system from InSeat Solutions (www.relaxor.com).

A tiptronic style transmission may make it in to the design (one of the few things we didn't like in our 2001 LS was that there was no manumatic tranny like MB, BMW and Audi)

Electric side and rear power window shades will be available
** The Ultra Lux has the rear power window shade now. Power side shades will be difficult to implement without increasing door width and thus interior room.