LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Daytime running lights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-11, 01:09 AM
emarknot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bornpeace

that helps a ton, posting the diagram I cant....but it doesnt show the actuall relay location.

just a wiring diagram

I will try to look for an exploded view of the power distrubition locatons, maybe it will give some insight...toyota likes to bury stuff here and there

but that wont be till Monday

and if anyone asks or questions...its a user name, password protected, and password login protected sight.....i cant just "go there"
Old 07-31-11, 08:21 AM
ls400rgr
Rookie

Thanks for the link - I'm flying out on a week long biz trip. Will pick up again when I return.
Old 07-31-11, 08:27 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ls400rgr
Thanks for the link - I'm flying out on a week long biz trip. Will pick up again when I return.
That sounds nice, hope you're going north to get away from this heat we've been having.
Old 07-31-11, 09:24 AM
ls400rgr
Rookie

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
it seems like a wiring issue more than the control module, but check both.
Very well could be - The car was parked in a outside lot while I was deployed overseas for a year in Afghanistan. Salt air could have created a problem with wiring.
Old 07-31-11, 03:34 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Very well could be - The car was parked in a outside lot while I was deployed overseas for a year in Afghanistan. Salt air could have created a problem with wiring.
salt air is unlikely...

animals however...
Old 08-01-11, 06:32 AM
ls400rgr
Rookie

Originally Posted by deanshark
That sounds nice, hope you're going north to get away from this heat we've been having.
Yes - New York, Connecticut and Vermont.

Currently assigned on duty in Tampa (Its warm up North, but nothing like the humidity in Tampa)
Old 08-01-11, 07:59 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Yes - New York, Connecticut and Vermont.

Currently assigned on duty in Tampa (Its warm up North, but nothing like the humidity in Tampa)
Oh, I thought you were in Ct. It's gotta be a change for the better coming back up here from down in Fla. I made the mistake going down there in Sept.-Oct. a few years back, wow heat. Well anyway, thanks for your service and be safe.
Old 08-01-11, 02:32 PM
bornpeace
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by emarknot
that helps a ton, posting the diagram I cant....but it doesnt show the actuall relay location.

just a wiring diagram

I will try to look for an exploded view of the power distrubition locatons, maybe it will give some insight...toyota likes to bury stuff here and there

but that wont be till Monday

and if anyone asks or questions...its a user name, password protected, and password login protected sight.....i cant just "go there"
I dont reply quickly coz i am gone most of the day, the relay for DRL is in the back of glove compartment. You just need to remove few pieces to expose it.
Old 08-01-11, 03:26 PM
emarknot
Pole Position

I dont reply quickly coz i am gone most of the day, the relay for DRL is in the back of glove compartment. You just need to remove few pieces to expose it.
thats the main relay.

3&4 are for the left and right side dlr's

and.......the reason they arent found on the right side...is because they are the LEFT side.

that diagram says right front.

the exploded view pic i have up right now, shows them on the left front. its not the greatest of pics....but it looks like it sits where the bumper rolls up to the headlamp. by the corner of the headlamp closest to the radiator
Old 08-01-11, 03:57 PM
emarknot
Pole Position

I snapped a good pic of the printout...if someone wants to host it or whaever, I can email it to you.
Old 08-01-11, 05:03 PM
ls400rgr
Rookie

Stuck in Philly airport with cancelled flight - will look left front when I get back this weekend - thank you for hunting this down

thats the main relay.

and.......the reason they arent found on the right side...is because they are the LEFT side.

the exploded view pic i have up right now, shows them on the left front. its not the greatest of pics....but it looks like it sits where the bumper rolls up to the headlamp. by the corner of the headlamp closest to the radiator
Old 08-01-11, 07:07 PM
emarknot
Pole Position

no problem
Old 08-01-11, 07:37 PM
bornpeace
Driver

thats the main relay.

nd.......the reason they arent found on the right side...is because they are the LEFT side.

sorry, for some reason i cant see any of your exploded views i can post a picture of 3&4 if you need it
Old 08-01-11, 08:19 PM
emarknot
Pole Position

sorry, for some reason i cant see any of your exploded views i can post a picture of 3&4 if you need it

cant see 'em cause its not on here. its a major pita for me to orchestrate the methods I need to post pics from my tablet.

pm me your email, and I will gladly send It to you
Old 08-02-11, 09:12 AM
bornpeace
Driver

Courtesy of emarknot

Last edited by bornpeace; 08-02-11 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Daytime running lights?