LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Audio install help for the LS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-02, 04:48 PM
Kizoku
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio install help for the LS

hey i have become quite interested in doing a car audio install myself but wondered how many of u have installed one in yer LS already?? i was just curious if ne1 has some experience with putting new speakers, HU, and an amp in their car. I think retrodrive is currently doing all this. I know how to put in an HU and take off the door panels from your website, but the part on wiring to the trunk isnt there. Just curious if u were gonna put that there anytime soon because i'd love to know how to take out the back seat and side panels so i could wire some stuff to the trunk.....i know percy wrote a book for the GS, perphaps someone could develop one for the LS......anyone's help would be great!
Old 04-26-02, 08:07 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am a little to bisy on makeing a book but if you need more howto's Ican put them up fairly quickly. Had my mind set on something else.

I'll put up the seat and headliner removal next week and show how to do the wiring for power, audio and speaker cables. Most of the stuff is already on my hard drive anyway.
Old 04-26-02, 08:20 PM
Kizoku
Rookie

alright.....cool........thanks a bunch.....and i didnt expect ya to make a book i was just throwing somethin out there.....after all the how-tos are done...just put them in a nice pdf file or something.....but yeah wheneva ya can just post th other how to's........so that way i can get down and see if this install is do-able....and i think with yer experience it should be......thanks in advance....
Old 04-26-02, 10:19 PM
D_Frost
Driver School Candidate

I'm new here.. so my first post may not be the best

I have done a little audio work on the 1st gen LS, and the back seat removal is quite similar to Percy's instructions for the GS (though pulling the tabs required quite a bit of force and the use of pliers).

Having that said, I've noticed that quite a bit of noise is coming from the vibration of the rear deck (especially the 3rd brake light hitting the rear window). Anyone have a good way to solve this issue?

-=D