LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

They see me rollin... they hatin'....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-09, 03:01 PM
TableSyrup
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They see me rollin... they hatin'....

Patrollin n tryn' ta catch me ridin' squirrelay!!!!

Tryin ta catch me ridin squirrelay!
Tryin ta catch me ridin squirrelay!

heh heh

Gotta get her back on the rack again, she's still 1/4" off

Look! The open wheel well edition! don't be jealous......

no, I didn't do this to it, and yes, I like no ABS or TCS,
Yes the bra is holding some things together. In style, in style....

What's missing from the relay box by the battery?

hmmmm, starter stays enganged for a sec when cold,
so I think it's gonna be the last pull on hte rack,
relays/fuses/bulbs/headlights/engine plastics, rims, tires, alignment,
starter replacement, top rail of core support, and then the body work last.
Interior is super clean, gotta clean it out but it's mint.
Drives and runs like a freakin champ believe it or not......

132K, so what, she'll have about what.... 100K left in her?

How much do I have into it? $250

worth a grand or two investment I think.

Last edited by TableSyrup; 01-19-09 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-19-09, 03:18 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

holy crap, that was worse than i thought....why do people do this to their own car? i mean even though its a 15+ year old lexus its still a lexus and holds its name. im not talking about you but just talking about the people who would do this to such a good car.

u need that wheel well cover asap, damn u might as well just go to the junkyard and go happy.
Old 01-19-09, 03:29 PM
20sburning
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Wow Wow Thats in worse shape then the LS that top gear shot up! And I am talking about after that car burnt to the ground bro!
Old 01-19-09, 05:05 PM
91 LS400
Rookie

It will be nice in do time and so will mine. I hate snow! 850in
Attached Thumbnails They see me rollin... they hatin'....-img_0202.jpg  
Old 01-19-09, 05:17 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

wow.. at least get a car wash :\
Old 01-19-09, 05:35 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

English!! DO you speak it???
Old 01-19-09, 07:24 PM
91 LS400
Rookie

Shorty SMC ............ ur rims r backwards!
Fords Suck tbilisi79 is it an LS Lincoln No it's to old.
Attached Thumbnails They see me rollin... they hatin'....-img_0182.jpg  
Old 01-20-09, 04:09 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 91 LS400
Wow..You must be in the league with the other one. Learn to speak friendo!
Old 01-20-09, 07:20 AM
TableSyrup
Driver

Originally Posted by 91 LS400
Yeah, but my tires aren't flat! LOL J/K I'm a smart @$$

Ok, so, no, this isn't bad. Really, you think this is bad?

I've welded entire front clips on Devilles and STS's n stuff.

I once was hired to put two Jeep Cherokees together, front and rear halves, just behind the center door post. I'm not kidding.

This is nothing. Engine plastics are cracked from the shroud pushing into them no doubt. Top rail of the core support needs to go, bottom 'brace', at the top of the bumper cover is almost perfect, just need to twist it up. Once I do that, put a hood, bumper cover, headlights, and paint on it, you won't even be able to tell it ever happened. (Well, and all the inner plastics and stuff. And a little body hammer and dolly work in the battery compartment)

Really, this is not a big task for me. Quarter Pannels are way worse and those aren't a problem. I've worked in restoration and body shops plenty, and still have access to those shops.

Ok, so I have the inner wheel well, but don't want to put it on until I'm done installing body panels and paint. What's the point.

A big setback happened just yesterday. Starter hangs up and stays engaged. Solenoid no doubt.

Can someone spare me, show me some love, shed some light on me, and direct me to a thread with some picks of manifold removal and starter replacement?

Seriously, I only have $250 into her, and I will have her lookin great for probably under $2000. They're worth more than that straight running fantastic with 132K right?

Seriously it might not look like it but she runs friggin awesome. Was starting perfect.... now the starter.

Any off chance it could be a funky relay? I mean, look at the fuse/relay box, stuff's missin, a relay/breaker is exposed, where's the starter relay?

I don't even have an owners manual, if I had a shop manual I wouldn't even be on this forun until finished cause I wouldn't need to be.

could use a hand, thanx!

Light on while running, inside spedometer. Orange car with rear 'lights' ????

Second pic is lights with key in on position prior to start.

Sorry, crappy $500 phone...... go figure

(By the way, it was super clean, that was one 45 minute trip down 35 in Minnesota, they friggin salt the crap out of the roads up here!)

Last edited by TableSyrup; 01-20-09 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-20-09, 07:33 AM
TableSyrup
Driver

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
English!! DO you speak it???
I apologize good sir; what did you not understand?

It seems as though at times I do not use proper grammar while perusing the world wide web.

It does seem trivial that someone would be rude; does it not?

I am nothing more than a poor boy trying to appreciate a beautiful vehicle such as this Nineteen Ninety One Lexus LS400.

HEHHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL J/K

Sorry, I'm hella sarcastic.

No really, what didn't you understand?

Rack= FRAME RACK, I have to straighten the driver side shock tower by moving it one more quarter inch out. Frame racks are sick! The process is commonly reffered to as 'racking' in the industry. Sorry if that's redundant, just thought maybe that may not have been clear to some.

I guess the rest of it was pretty straight forward, maybe a bit sloppy sorry, just really busy, not much time and posted fast.

I'll try to be more concise in the future.

gotta run, gotta be in the studio for a client in 25 minutes! Yezzir! He's doin a song with RZA!!!!!!! And possibly RA The Rugged Man and Method Man (He's friends with em.) killer stuff, it's so fun!

Peace, thanks for any insite. One of these days I'll be able to spend more time searching here, this site is hella slow for me for some reason.....??????

Last edited by TableSyrup; 01-20-09 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-20-09, 07:39 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

if u fix this car and get it to where u like it, u will appreciate it that much more
Old 01-20-09, 08:17 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That condition saddens me sir. Please clean the engine up with a fine toothbrush. You might need to even overhaul it.
Old 01-20-09, 10:44 AM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

Not so bad! it'll be tough getting those panels to line up nice after you pulled it out on the rack!
A bit of paint on the fender, bang the metal back into relative place, rattle can o color match and you'll have a nice car!

My 3000GT's front bra covers many things after I did a front end collision repair on it as well, lots of big dents down the side, it'll all come out!

250$ into it, not much miles, a few more bucks and some work and you'll have a real nice Rolla!
Old 01-20-09, 01:02 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Shorty SMC
I apologize good sir; what did you not understand?

It seems as though at times I do not use proper grammar while perusing the world wide web.

It does seem trivial that someone would be rude; does it not?

I am nothing more than a poor boy trying to appreciate a beautiful vehicle such as this Nineteen Ninety One Lexus LS400.

HEHHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL J/K

Sorry, I'm hella sarcastic.

No really, what didn't you understand?

Rack= FRAME RACK, I have to straighten the driver side shock tower by moving it one more quarter inch out. Frame racks are sick! The process is commonly reffered to as 'racking' in the industry. Sorry if that's redundant, just thought maybe that may not have been clear to some.

I guess the rest of it was pretty straight forward, maybe a bit sloppy sorry, just really busy, not much time and posted fast.

I'll try to be more concise in the future.

gotta run, gotta be in the studio for a client in 25 minutes! Yezzir! He's doin a song with RZA!!!!!!! And possibly RA The Rugged Man and Method Man (He's friends with em.) killer stuff, it's so fun!

Peace, thanks for any insite. One of these days I'll be able to spend more time searching here, this site is hella slow for me for some reason.....??????
ahem.

Win.

that is all.
Old 01-20-09, 02:08 PM
TableSyrup
Driver

Originally Posted by Kingsoup
Not so bad! it'll be tough getting those panels to line up nice after you pulled it out on the rack!
A bit of paint on the fender, bang the metal back into relative place, rattle can o color match and you'll have a nice car!

My 3000GT's front bra covers many things after I did a front end collision repair on it as well, lots of big dents down the side, it'll all come out!

250$ into it, not much miles, a few more bucks and some work and you'll have a real nice Rolla!

Word, but lining things up will be no problem at all.

The first time on the rack I drilled the spot welds out and moved some things some prior idiot had welded up wrong, which put the holes within 3/8" of where they needed to be for the fender, then pulled it which got em within 1/4", but didn't have one of the tram measurements, so I have to get her back on the rack and pull her one more quarter inch and she'll be perfectly straight. Passanger side lines up perfect, hood and all, driverside is only about 3/16" too large a gap and that's cause the top rail is just a wee bit too tall, so the final pull will allow the fender to come in the rest of the way and be bolted down! Then all will be dandy again. Headlight assemblies have to go, I know it's gonna cost me some bucks, but that's crucial, the frames and tabs are all cracked n shtuff...... The beautiful thing about frame racks and tram specs are that you can make the car perfectly straight again. perfectly.

So, yes, there will be a couple gussets underneath the top rail (That the top of the fender mounts to), and I'll have to install a strut brace just to be safe, but nothing will be seen that would look out of place.

Overhaul the engine? Why? I don't think a starter is anything to call for an overhaul....????? It runs great! Idles in park at 800, in gear on breaks at 650 or so, super steady, no hesitation, smooth as crap, quiet (Lifter tick seems to be gone with an oil change, flush, and refill).....

No links to the starter removal eh? Alright, I'll have to search on Friday.

Didn't mean to be insulting with the smart @$$ stuff, just me bein my sarcastic self, hope nothing is takin to heart.

Beautiful cars guys. I think I might go for aftermarket bumper covers and ground effects and lose the bra. Might even track down an aftermarket hood, do some custom sheetmetal with the doors.... then shave em.... mmmmmmm, mods.... 18's maybe, 20's might be a bit much?

Quick Reply: They see me rollin... they hatin'....