LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Exhaust Pics! Finally! Yesss!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-08, 11:36 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*ahem* I guess I'll say it again, not a fan of cutting holes out of my bumper. I'm not going to pay to have it painted cause that would be a waste of money, The tip is about 0.5" from the bottom of the bumper. Not very far at all.

I guess it takes some longer than others to realize different people have different tastes and like different things. Once again, you're guys' cars are awesome and everything, but I am not into nor have I ever been into cutting holes in my bumper. Or highly extensive mods. Not worth the time and money to me to chop a decent hole, then get it repainted. If I do anything to my bumper I'll just end up getting a lip kit to drop the bumper a little bit, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, my money has different priorities than body kits and paint, besides I'm 100% content with it so why change it??

I like making a car work with what it's got. So realistically, the only other mod I'd consider anytime in the near future would be to drop it on TanabeDF210's, not coilovers, not airbags. Just a new spring/shock setup.

And it's an 07 Mustang GT my sisters. Pretty sweet ride!
Old 05-02-08, 11:56 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

....you dont have to paint the bumper after cutting it if you do it right....neither me nor lexkost (or brandon?) repainted our bumpers....
Old 05-02-08, 12:07 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

....is this seriously happening??
Old 05-02-08, 12:19 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by jcrome04
....is this seriously happening??
i dont care that you choose not to do it, i just dont want there to be any misinformation for anyone else reading this thread down the line, dont take it personally...
Old 05-02-08, 12:50 PM
1995LS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cut your bumper up, thats the only way that you will be able to satisfy Pure............j/k
Old 05-02-08, 12:51 PM
heyhowyado
Pole Position

looks good! i'm not a fan of exhaust mods myself, but i can appreciate them.
Old 05-02-08, 01:43 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pure is right in that keeping information clean and simple is a good goal. Jchrome I hear you relative to you not wanting to alter the bumper as it is not in your plans. No matter what you accomplished your goal with stainless mufflers and a different sound

BTW, If I bothered to read the thread from the beginning I would have seen the red car in question was in your driveway NOT the red car in the signature of user 1995ls400 which is why I said Ferrari 612 Scagletti
Old 05-03-08, 10:34 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Iansaltes
I'm not calling you out at all, and I did want to make it sound that way. It's just hard to perfectly explain my reasons for asking. I just like to see other peoples perspectives on things. Thats why when I put pictures of my car up, I knew most people wouldn't like the 20's at all, and thats fine, and I love hearing their reasons why they don't like them. I do agree with you though, Brandicus, about the tucked look.

jcrome, are you gonna get a sound clip up for these like you did on your old 1gen?
Its all good man, no hard feelings here.

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
....you dont have to paint the bumper after cutting it if you do it right....neither me nor lexkost (or brandon?) repainted our bumpers....
I didnt have to repaint my bumper, I only modified the stock cutouts. cutouts which second gens dont have right?
Old 05-03-08, 03:55 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

the 2nd gen does have cutouts, but they are near the bottom edge and dont come as far up into the bumper. i modified mine both up and out when i cut it.
Old 05-04-08, 06:27 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Its the internet where people have opinions. Ones person taste differs from another. The Original Poster asked for what we think about it and we should be able to say if we like it or not. Why should everyone praise something they dont like?

Imo the exhaust themselves look fine but they just look way too detached from the rest of the car. A rear lip may help.

Originally Posted by Iansaltes
Not to be offensive or anything, but how can you not like his but you like yours? It just seems, TO ME, that his is way more subtle and simple than yours. What don't you like about it? The way you can see the "cans" so much?

Don't get me wrong, Brandicus, I think you're car is beautiful, besides the exhaust... just seems alittle "out there" for my tastes. So I guess I'm just curious what you don't like about jcromes exactly!
Old 05-04-08, 06:51 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by j stuff
Its the internet where people have opinions. Ones person taste differs from another. The Original Poster asked for what we think about it and we should be able to say if we like it or not. Why should everyone praise something they dont like?

Imo the exhaust themselves look fine but they just look way too detached from the rest of the car. A rear lip may help.
People have opinions on the internet? wow.. never would have guessed....

Who in this thread said you can't say if you don't like it? If you are referring to me, then you need to read my other posts.
Old 05-04-08, 08:50 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Why dont you stop worrying about what others think.

Thanks
Old 05-04-08, 10:06 PM
Celsior400
Driver

awesome... i love Club Lexus!!!
Old 05-05-08, 05:47 PM
DIY LS400
Rookie

Can you take shots from the rear and not just from the side?
Old 05-05-08, 06:12 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I'm going to get some more shots soon. I finally had the mufflers raised flush to the bumper, so they don't look so "detached" from the bumper. I took the pics a couple days before my appt. because the weather up here has been sucking heinously and I didn't know when it'd be sunny again. So try and bear with me haha

I don't care if people don't like it. I know different people like different things. I just want to share my vehicle with the community. Like it or not, I love it, and that's all I care about. To all of you who do, I appreciate all the positive feedback and comments. However to all who don't, I truly hope you can simply just appreciate the passion we all share for Lexus'.

New pics up soon.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Pics! Finally! Yesss!!! :)