LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-19, 05:40 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 285 Likes on 222 Posts

Definitely; especially when combined with the facelift styling.

I really like the look of the NOS 98-00 alloys though.They're stunning combined with the condition of your car.
Old 02-17-19, 07:13 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by CELSI0R
Definitely; especially when combined with the facelift styling.

I really like the look of the NOS 98-00 alloys though.They're stunning combined with the condition of your car.
unboxing them was awesome lol... each wheel had its own little cloth protective cover, and I was surprised too at how light they were! the pristine clear coat and aluminum really just gives this wonderful deepness to the surface

once winters done its gonna get a proper detail since now the body has to match up to the wheels, and I want to make sure the wheel finish stays as protected as possible
Old 02-19-19, 10:37 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Teck83

how are you liking the door light so far? I’m thinking about getting it for my ride too. Pros/cons??
Pros: Looks very cool at night.

Cons: During the day, well, you have two black boxes attached to your door. Also, the sensor works by a small magnet that is secured inside of your car directly under this black box that projects the logo. So you're gonna have a tiny magnet and the projector on your door. I don't think it's a big deal but some people might.

Overall, I like it. If you have other LEDs, it really goes with them. Just know that there are two different kinds. The one I have is, like I said, a black box you glue to your door. There's another version where it replaces the light at the bottom back of the front door. I have blue LEDs replacing those bulbs so don't get confused.

Most people's reaction is "holy crap that is so cool." It does have that factor.

Today I finally installed hood pins. Say what you want, I love the look and I am super excited.

What do you guys think overall? I'm just wondering. I have a feeling some purists hate it... Haha. I love it.

I just moved so I'm broke but I plan on lowering it a little bit and getting some nicer rims but I'm keeping it functional for sure.

One night, in my 95 that I sold, I was wearing prescription sunglasses (remember, I said one night) because I forgot to bring the clear ones and I turned into a gas station too early, effortlessly gliding onto the BIG type of curb that's probably 10 in. tall. If I was in a dropped car, it would have been screwed!
Old 02-19-19, 10:44 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Teck83

if you want honest feedback here it is my friend:
its awesome that you’re learning to stitch so you can do all this yourself. I like the shifter **** cover, it looks pretty good and seems to fit well.
As for the center console cover, I’d recommend trying to make a fitted sleeve with the logo stitche into it rather than having a flap over the old with the emblem underneath. It looks tacky and uncomfortable tbh. Never settle with “just ok” master that **** and make it look amazing!! You got this 😎👍🏼
I totally get that you’re still new at it so awesome job with what you’ve got. Looking forward to seeing what you produce next!!
​​​​​​That is the interior of the white 96 Lexus.

Your criticism is actually very good! Thanks friend. It's honestly what I needed to hear. I agree with what you say about a possible sleeve and your criticism in general.

I think next time I do an embossed logo, I'll make it soft.

Also, I like doing covers because I feel like in the right situation they're actually a better idea but I want to do more actual upholstery in the near future. My car is an ongoing project for years to come... The idea is to teach myself all I can. This is my second LS400 but since the first, my mechanic skills have gotten so much better. I went from being able to change my brakes with guidance to doing alternators myself and things like this. Anyway thanks!

Close shot of the hood pins. I didn't use screws because the sheet metal is too thin.
Old 02-19-19, 01:43 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

u want honesty..ill give u some..clean the inside of ur car up..take the seats out and clean the carpet..do the console including the shifter area. get rid of that gawd awful dashmat..redo the arm rest..thats hideous..take the yellow headlights and throw them..throw them as far as u can and when they hit the ground..run them over. hood pins? seriously? didnt use screws..wow,thats a huge relief. but,its ur car do what u want... i know i know..python has another warning from the admin to ****
Old 02-19-19, 03:37 PM
kevine001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new 97 LS

Just picked it up yesterday, purchased from a friend who's a Toyota/Lexus nut. 200k. He did the t-belt, water pump, hoses, radiator, transmission service and some other stuff. New tires, and front brakes. Needs rears and seats. Round a rear on CL that I'm picking up tomorrow, and I'm going to reupholster the fronts. This is going to be my daughter's first car. So far everything works fine, seems to run a tad rougher than I would expected for this car, but overall, very nice.
Old 02-20-19, 05:38 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Originally Posted by python
u want honesty..ill give u some..clean the inside of ur car up..take the seats out and clean the carpet..do the console including the shifter area. get rid of that gawd awful dashmat..redo the arm rest..thats hideous..take the yellow headlights and throw them..throw them as far as u can and when they hit the ground..run them over. hood pins? seriously? didnt use screws..wow,thats a huge relief. but,its ur car do what u want... i know i know..python has another warning from the admin to ****
Thanks! Very constructive. So I should just junk my car because you don't like it? Ahhhh purists... Gotta love em.

"That's not supposed to be on an LS400! It wasn't there before."

I took your criticism into consideration and I decided you probably still live with your parents based on maturity level.

I'm thinking of a roof spoiler just for you.

Edit: You're right that it needs cleaning. Got any other suggestions? Maybe drop it to the ground and get 20s? What would you do? By your pic I imagine stock or nothing.
Old 02-20-19, 06:48 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Hey Python, instead of trolling, maybe you have ACTUAL advice? My question is, how do I get really bad stains out of the carpet? What cleaner? I've used one from AutoZone... Forget the brand... But it just doesn't do it. If I can't clean the carpet, I might repaint it beige. You think I don't care about it? It's embarrassing but I didn't put them there.
Old 02-20-19, 07:20 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Rokas & python please exit this thread.
Old 02-20-19, 04:27 PM
Calliope
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got a twin to your. These are a little rare to say the least. Enjoy it!
Old 03-02-19, 02:49 PM
Motaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st pic of New pick-up before driving it 250 miles home: '98 LS400 w/ 67k miles.
The following users liked this post:
GrapeDaddy (06-29-20)
Old 03-02-19, 03:28 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 285 Likes on 222 Posts

Fantastic looking car, Motaw. Very nice color combination. Enjoy it.
Old 03-02-19, 05:13 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

looks great! make sure it gets the proper premium octane it deserves haha
Old 03-06-19, 12:15 PM
Rayman812
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just got these on last weekend. lots to come this spring, full lip kit, suspension stuff and 19s.

The following users liked this post:
GrapeDaddy (06-29-20)
Old 03-06-19, 03:10 PM
stoney1997
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought me a lil boat. 243k miles.

Quick Reply: Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)