LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

LS400 owners post your wheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-19, 07:15 PM
400fanboy
Racer

Received 409 Likes on 316 Posts

Thanks for the education lesson.

Also huge props to you for giving full breakdown on specs, including offsets. I wish more people did that when discussing wheels that are on their car.
Old 05-07-19, 11:21 AM
Kaspars
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by 400fanboy
Thanks for the education lesson.

Also huge props to you for giving full breakdown on specs, including offsets. I wish more people did that when discussing wheels that are on their car.
Thanks!

Yeah, that drove me nuts when I was researching fitment on these cars (or any car). Most of the times on car forums' "wheel setup threads" it goes something like this: "Umh..yeah I'm running Vossens (insert here any other expensive/cool brand name that give bragging rights) it's 20+inches by 13 inches (or any other ridiculous size, that you can brag about)." And then that's it! No additional info!
Or sometimes just to add "insult to injury" they drop this:"These rims have custom finish - gold plated"
Spoiler

And basically the thread turns into a place to do lowkey bragging, with no usefull info!

Thank god, it wasn't the case here. But I still encountered incomplete wheels spec and contradicting info on rubbing etc.,but that's because "a little bit" means different things to different people, and therefore was to be expected.
However, here was enough pages of info for me to extrapolate the best specs for me.

Last edited by Kaspars; 05-07-19 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-08-19, 03:46 AM
realVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kaspars, I must agree with pretty much everything you said, This setup is still new to me and have only driven it twice and at low speeds around town at that. I'm coming from a much more aggressive fitment platform (WRX), so having the right perspective on 'minimal rubbing' is key. I mentioned minimal rubbing due to how aggressive the wheels are for an untouched car with an aggressive tire size as well, also late night incomplete posting lol.

I'm glad there was an education lesson here, and look forward to the knowledge since i'm just now starting to mod the LS.

Last edited by realVIP; 05-08-19 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-18-19, 06:34 PM
marvin5881
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

1998 LS400 with '08 ES 350 17" Chrome Wheels

Last edited by marvin5881; 05-25-19 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-28-19, 02:12 PM
BX4hunna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by akxx
I noticed that the IS forum has a nice library of configurations, and thought the LS4 community could use one too. (I would post, but I'm new here and still have stock setup...certainly looking to upgrade though!)

Please fill in the following information:

Lexus LS model and year:
Wheel Make & Model:
Wheel Size (diameter and width):
Wheel Offset Front:
Wheel Offset Rear:

Tire Make and Model:
Tire Size Front:
Tire Size Rear:

Suspension mods:
Amount of drop:

Description of wheel gap, fender flushness, rubbing, aesthetics, and other comments and problems if any (clear pictures to support description would help greatly):

G35 sedan rims "17s .. need more Low tho
Old 05-29-19, 06:48 AM
realVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BX4hunna thats a clean look bro
Old 07-10-19, 08:46 AM
Snakebeate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

05 is250 stock rims
Ns-25 22545r17
There are spacers all around I have no idea what size from 2nd owner maybe it's a 2 inch spacer

Old 07-21-19, 02:25 PM
WhiteUCF
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Weds Kränze Bazreia

F: 18x10 +18. A disk so a 5mm spacer is needed. Effectively a +12 offset. 225/40 ATR Sport2.
R: 18x11 +17. A disk. 245/40 ATR Sport.

The past two days I refinished all of the hardware, cut and polished the faces, polished the lips, and applied ceramic wax.

Some old pictures.

Old 07-22-19, 01:16 PM
EthanS
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Man, Bazreia's look so good on almost every car. The Ucf20 is no exception - I love that combo.
You should post some full car shots. Thanks for sharing!
The following users liked this post:
WhiteUCF (07-23-19)
Old 07-22-19, 04:25 PM
WhiteUCF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by EthanS
Man, Bazreia's look so good on almost every car. The Ucf20 is no exception - I love that combo.
You should post some full car shots. Thanks for sharing!

I only have two pictures of the full car so far (had the car for almost 2 years). They're just old cell phone pictures. I haven't taken any with the new camera yet! Can't seem to find the time while there's enough light outside..

Dezdez (07-23-19)
Old 07-22-19, 08:19 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Like that! Looks good
The following 2 users liked this post by RA40:
TropicTrdr (05-17-22), WhiteUCF (07-23-19)
Old 07-22-19, 10:08 PM
Dezdez
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

94 ls400 stock lexus rims
bobdude01 (07-04-20)
Old 07-23-19, 10:28 AM
EthanS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WhiteUCF
I only have two pictures of the full car so far (had the car for almost 2 years). They're just old cell phone pictures. I haven't taken any with the new camera yet! Can't seem to find the time while there's enough light outside..
That's good stuff man! A couple questions if you don't mind -
What coilovers are you running on? Any other suspension mods? Are your knuckles shortened, strut tower holes, or do you just deal with the knocking?
What brand, or where did you source the rain guards?

Thanks again!
WhiteUCF (07-23-19)
Old 07-23-19, 03:38 PM
WhiteUCF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by EthanS
That's good stuff man! A couple questions if you don't mind -
What coilovers are you running on? Any other suspension mods? Are your knuckles shortened, strut tower holes, or do you just deal with the knocking?
What brand, or where did you source the rain guards?

Thanks again!

Currently on Function and Form Type 2's. Not my first choice but they were on the car when I bought it. Low spring rates and the dampening as stiff as possible. It rides incredibly well on these old back roads. Other than the coilovers, everything is 100% factory. There isn't any knocking on the strut tower surprisingly (no holes cut). During winter, everything under the car will be refinished though. Everything Serial999 makes for the ucf will be ordered by then. The rain guards are Wells. Can find them on Ebay for $80 or so (the last time I looked at least). I recently took them off since the chrome was peeling and the double sided tape was failing. This car has been a bit of a daily driver/restoration project, something that's a bit different than building a track only car (which all my daily drivers have become)..
Old 07-25-19, 12:42 PM
EthanS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WhiteUCF
Currently on Function and Form Type 2's. Not my first choice but they were on the car when I bought it. Low spring rates and the dampening as stiff as possible. It rides incredibly well on these old back roads. Other than the coilovers, everything is 100% factory. There isn't any knocking on the strut tower surprisingly (no holes cut). During winter, everything under the car will be refinished though. Everything Serial999 makes for the ucf will be ordered by then. The rain guards are Wells. Can find them on Ebay for $80 or so (the last time I looked at least). I recently took them off since the chrome was peeling and the double sided tape was failing. This car has been a bit of a daily driver/restoration project, something that's a bit different than building a track only car (which all my daily drivers have become)..
You really have zero FUCA knocking?? Lucky you. Mine slam pretty hard on any considerable upward bump in the road, and we appear to be at the same height.
I'm on KSport Kontrol Pros. Not my absolute first choice either, but KSport is just down the street from me and I've always had atleast one buddy employed by them. (I even interviewed for a CAD designer position for their sister company Voodoo13 a few years ago)
I didn't have any new photos to share so I just went out to my office parking garage and snapped this one.

WhiteUCF (07-25-19)

Quick Reply: LS400 owners post your wheel setup