LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

One piece head light installation on 93 LS400

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 08:47 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face One piece head light installation on 93 LS400

I've been trying to search the DIY for installation of one piece head lights on the 2nd Gen LS, but I haven't been able to locate it. Can someone post the link or post what exactly needs to be done. I took these lights from the celsior I had in Japan and haven't had the chace to put them on my LS400 due to lack of information. I don't want to do a half a$$ job, so please help a fellow LS owner out. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-06, 09:35 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

installation is the same as the originals i believe....

and since you have a 93 you dont even have to do any custom wiring.
Old 12-04-06, 10:49 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

I got the answer bro. It is the same, basically plug and play. Thanks for looking out.
Old 12-05-06, 08:50 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Here's a pic of the head lights. I just intalled them, about an hour ago. Man, I wish I would have done it long ago. They look great and they are much brighter than the ones I had on. One more thing...when are the corner lights suppose to light up? Mine don't seem to come on at all. I checked the bulbs and they looked alright. Later!
Old 12-06-06, 12:56 AM
JdmLs400
Rookie

bleh. i gotta do mine. waiting to get it painted first. =)
Old 12-06-06, 02:28 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMCelsior
Here's a pic of the head lights. I just intalled them, about an hour ago. Man, I wish I would have done it long ago. They look great and they are much brighter than the ones I had on. One more thing...when are the corner lights suppose to light up? Mine don't seem to come on at all. I checked the bulbs and they looked alright. Later!
THey light up when you turn on your parking lights. So they are either not connected, or the bulbs are shot.
Old 12-06-06, 05:07 AM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

I think the bulbs are shot. I'm getting some new ones this week. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-22-07, 06:13 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can get a set of 1pc headlights? Thanks. I decide to keep and restore my 91
Old 01-22-07, 07:42 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

ebay, japanese CL member {-_-} (or some variation of that), Zeroism, or perhaps some japanese parts importer.

be prepared to spend between 150-350 (depending on condition) for the headlights, shipping, and either purchasing or making a wiring harness since ur car is H3 from the factory and the jdm headlights are H4.
Old 01-22-07, 09:27 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No big deal.... Im good at making and fabbing things to work. I just need a good source for parts. Im tired of seeing this abused car sitting in my driveway. Time to get the makeover crackin.
Old 11-25-07, 01:15 PM
eerrrrr
Rookie

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
ebay, japanese CL member {-_-** (or some variation of that), Zeroism, or perhaps some japanese parts importer.

be prepared to spend between 150-350 (depending on condition) for the headlights, shipping, and either purchasing or making a wiring harness since ur car is H3 from the factory and the jdm headlights are H4.

do u have to make a harness? does current flow differently?

because what i did was just splice it up. obviously the jdm bulbs dont fit into the usdm slot (i have a 92), but the wires are color coded (jdm and usdm are same color/striped). i figured if it was color coded, it must be the same, so i just spliced the wires in. IT WORKS.......

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...04#post3078104

Last edited by eerrrrr; 11-25-07 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-25-07, 01:35 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

good writeup but the reason most people need harnesses is because the bulk of JDM 1piece headlights ive seen DONT come with any H4 bulbs or the plug for the bulb. so you'd need a receptacle for the H4 bulb and then you could splice as you did. what im trying ot say is that you DONT need to have a specific H3 to H4 harness, merely an open wired H4.
Old 11-25-07, 02:09 PM
eerrrrr
Rookie

ooo wow im lucky then. my set came with all bulbs and wires still attatched. got some funky bulbs for the fogs too...hellllllllla bright and yellowish with a slight rainbow-ish effect.
Old 11-25-07, 03:33 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.lexls.com
Old 11-25-07, 07:33 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
good writeup but the reason most people need harnesses is because the bulk of JDM 1piece headlights ive seen DONT come with any H4 bulbs or the plug for the bulb. so you'd need a receptacle for the H4 bulb and then you could splice as you did. what im trying ot say is that you DONT need to have a specific H3 to H4 harness, merely an open wired H4.
You really do need to have a good wiring harness for the H4 bulb and not just merely a recepticle. When I did my install, went and bought a wiring harness to fit the H4 bulb (generic harness) and installed it. This was the result,,,,

See how dim my low beams were??? Never mind the fog, I took the yellow out to see if I liked it, but got flashed too many times by people thinking I was riding High beams at night,, so I put the yellow back in later. Anyway,, Went and bought the correct wiring harness from Autozone (under $10), and wired it again; results came out as they should have. Bottom line,, dont just get a harness b/c it will fit the bulb. Make sure the harness can also handle the current necessary for the bulb to light properly. Hard lesson learned by me.

Quick Reply: One piece head light installation on 93 LS400