LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Car Stolen and Damaged. Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-06, 06:02 AM
ls400boi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Stolen and Damaged. Need some help

Last night, someone stole my ride. Police found it a few hours ago and it was returned to me. The most damage was done underneath the hood and rear parcel shelf. My air suspension isn't working because they cut all my wiring and removed parts that control it. I cannot remember what the box that sat just ahead of the brake master cylinder looks like, but it had a black cover over it. That part was cut and taken out. Parts to the strut towers are also missing as for the rear struts, the same. However, the wiring for the rear struts were left in tact, but the little electrical contollers that attach to the top of the rears are missing. It seems to me that the person(s) responsible were stealing parts to fix up another LS? Anyway, I need to know what all these parts look like? Also, I need a A/S suspension wiring diagram for the 1990 Lexus LS400. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by ls400boi; 09-16-06 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-16-06, 09:37 AM
NewLSlover
Pole Position

DAMN!!! That's crazy man! Do you have an alarm? Also, how did it look like they broke in? How'd they start it?!?! I didn't think you could hot wire Lexus cars...they have starter kills, WTF?
Old 09-16-06, 10:40 AM
ls400boi
Rookie

Originally Posted by NewLSlover
DAMN!!! That's crazy man! Do you have an alarm? Also, how did it look like they broke in? How'd they start it?!?! I didn't think you could hot wire Lexus cars...they have starter kills, WTF?
actually, like an idiot, i had an extra key inside the vehicle slipped into the visor. my window was broken and steering column plastic broken. obviously, they tried that before finding the key. it was the F'IN velet key too. i honestly thought nothing about it. i keep it there just in case. i will never leave any key to the vehicle inside it again. lesson learned
Old 09-16-06, 10:43 AM
NewLSlover
Pole Position

Damn..and you don't have an alarm?or it wasn't on?

Sorry to hear about this brother...someone definitely didn't wanna pick up the tab for replacing their air system...damn
Old 09-16-06, 10:52 AM
ls400boi
Rookie

Originally Posted by NewLSlover
Damn..and you don't have an alarm?or it wasn't on?

Sorry to hear about this brother...someone definitely didn't wanna pick up the tab for replacing their air system...damn
the alarm didn't go off, or else i would have heard it. it is possible to keep the alarm from going off with a couple of magic tricks. but they knew all about lexus obviously as my door is all banged and scratched up. looks like they just jumped in the car through the window somehow after breaking it. the metal bright trim around the driver window is all bent up. i'm pissed off. this car has been in my family since day one. it's got a lot of history in my opinion. i'm gonna attempt to fix it back to the condition it was.

what i need is for someone to show me some pictures of all the underhood air suspension components. i want to save a lot of money by doing the work myself.
Old 09-16-06, 11:08 AM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dude I'm so sorry that happened! I would take a picture of my car but i have coil suspension. I guess you only had collision insurance? I'm gonna tell my dad to put full insurance on my car monday. I think it might have been someone you knew, because if they knew it had air susp, then they stole parts to fix theirs? There is no way of knowing a car has air susp, unless they look at the shifter console... right?

What part of GA you from?
Old 09-16-06, 11:13 AM
ls400boi
Rookie

Originally Posted by omarg
Dude I'm so sorry that happened! I would take a picture of my car but i have coil suspension. I guess you only had collision insurance? I'm gonna tell my dad to put full insurance on my car monday. I think it might have been someone you knew, because if they knew it had air susp, then they stole parts to fix theirs? There is no way of knowing a car has air susp, unless they look at the shifter console... right?

What part of GA you from?
I'm thinking the same thing. It's being investigated. Hell, i'm even doing my own little investigation. I am located on the southside of atlanta. Oh yeah... i have full-coverage insurance, but my car is old and the insurance company may opt to just give me money instead of fixing the car. I dunno. we'll see come next week, i guess
Old 09-16-06, 12:43 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that man... thats one of the lowest things you can do to a man.. hope you catch that little f***er