LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

car being lower by itself

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 04:54 PM
allylivvy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car being lower by itself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1993 LS 400 with 95k miles. Last week, I have seen the rear part of the car drop down almost to the ground like the car was lowered. Then I start the engine and it slowly come back up as normal. Does anyone ever has this problem and does anyone know what is going on with this? Thanks!

What is the least expensive way to fix the air suspension problem. The car is worth about 6k now and I don't think it's wise to put in 2k to fix this problem. Please advice on what to do and how much is economical to fix it or sell it.
Old 08-05-05, 07:23 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Why is everyone double posting? Are we expected to answer you, and find your own thread? Look down the forum, and you will see your thread with replies.

That is why myself and others usually don’t reply to newbs, they either never come back to help others after being helped, nor do they come back to their own threads in some cases.

This isn’t personal, but we been having a serious newb problem lately in the LS400 forum, with the issues mentioned above. I guess they think its the regulars' jobs, like we get paid to do this, so its not thier problem.

Where is a sticky when you need one.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 08-05-05 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-06-05, 03:10 AM
reincheque
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mebbe this problem wouldn't arise if historical threads were organised properly into sub-forums dealing with specific issues (e.g. engine, tranny, suspension, whatever). I spent quite a bit of time searching the forum for help on a specific issue. Put in my search criteria and came up with something like 500 postings, some of which would've had the less-than-helpful posting title of e.g. "Help Please!". I'll be darned if I'm going to read all of those postings on the slight chance that my topic might actually be dealt with

Curiously enough, over on the UK Lexus site, I found the answer to my query relatively easily because the topics were better organised...

On a general (and not a personal) note, it's not really helpful to new members of the forum if the more experienced hands get uppity with them because they ask questions that have been dealt with already. Where's the sense of pride in helping novices? The novices will get driven away from the forum and all you'll end up with is a mutual admiration society ("You were brilliant. How was I"?)

Sort out the threads and novices will be happy enough to find their own answers...if they can find them in the first place...

djp
Old 08-06-05, 12:10 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Even if they were sorted out, (I cant make people title the threads the way they should, and cant expect the mods to re-title every thread posted) some new users ask questions that were answered a FEW threads down, ON the same page. If there were ANY effort of searching, it would been seen. Some new members put a lot of effort in searching, and you will notice that when old threads resurface with more questions.

Just in the past week or two for example, I saw 2 or 3 threads asking about the 1st gen clusters, dispute the fact we have a hugeeee sticky about it on top of the forum. I don’t know what more can you ask for?

By the way, we used to have a separate engine, and another for suspension, but no one ever posted there for months, so the mods incorporated them back in. New members who wanted to ask the same questions about the engine or suspension, never bothered to look for an engine forum to begin with, so the mods were just moving threads into a forum no one posts in, so when new members come in, they just ask in the main forum. So it defeated the purpose of having a separate forum to begin with.

By the way, I found the search engine to be extremely sufficient if you learn how to use it.

Maybe if you spent two to three hours a day answering repeated questions for a year or two, you will see how some feel about the subject.

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 08-06-05 at 12:14 PM.