LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

which wheeel would you guys get for the 90 ls 400?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-01, 07:51 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a pretty insane price. Please re-check your sources for all details. Size, tires, finish,..STOLEN!!! or anything else that might be important.

I'm not implying they are stolen, just that the price is very low.
Old 07-18-01, 12:47 PM
Ls400Ditty

Angry

Hah. check out our email correspondence

ditty:do your rims come with the tires? and if so can u give me specs on both rims
and tires please.

fakeo:They come with tires, delivery, mounting and balancing, locks, and hardware.

ditty: no i was wondering as to the size of the tires and rims

fakeo:Lowenhart LD1's, I have three sets left $2,200.00 each set with tires, and
all...

??

fakeo: we also do layaway and financing with no credit checks!!

ditty: really and how much is your finince charge

fakeo: We do not do credit checks or this, it is all based on trust it is not like we do not know where you live or something...:O) A security deposit is fine. and there is no finance charge.

~no finance charge is like hittin the lotto..no chance in hell~

ditty: rims and tires come with free mounting and balancing right?

fakeo:yes

ditty: where do i go to get it done

fakeo: we already do that here at the warehouse.

ditty: ah well, ok

eh???????

~ahhhh magical tire mounting and balancing ~

Old 07-18-01, 02:10 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is true and with no finance charges, where do I sign up?!
What type of tires are those that come with the set and what finish is the wheels (chrome, silver, etc.)?
This deal sounds awesome!
Old 07-18-01, 04:19 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:eek:
Old 07-18-01, 10:19 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Call me a skeptic, but this deal sounds too good to be true. Is this a legitimate company or someone selling these out of the back of a van??

Can you give us a point of contact so I may speak with this person/company?? If I can get a copy of the contract/paperwork faxed to me I'll get them TODAY.

BTW, are they silver or chrome? Never mind, just get me the person to talk to, I'll find out the rest.
Old 07-19-01, 07:10 AM
Ls400Ditty

scratch what I just said.

She is a wholesale distributor working independently
also has a BBB license # ( will get that for us soon )

does every kind of car part as in exhausts, springs, intake shocks rims KITS! etc.etc. and GUARANTEES that she will beat anyones price.

Istaller are qualified mechanics

Sounds too good to be true eh? Well I scheduled to meet with her next week to pick up my rims, so I will take pictures of the wharehouse and rims etc.

loule seems like well be able to fix up our cars with half the cash we initially thought needed

Ill keep you guys posted

Old 07-19-01, 11:40 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Default to Ditty

Hey Ditty,

so i guess she is in the LA area. i send her detailed email request too, but the reply was also very vague, like the detailed conversation you had listed.

the tel is a cel #. i would like to take a look at the wheels too in person, but she has not reply me yet. please excuse my forwardness. can i stop by and look at the wheels at the time that you plan to meet her? i guess w/2 people we can look at them more carefully for details.

i can be reached thru the PM box below. thanks

will
Old 07-19-01, 02:47 PM
Ls400Ditty

absolutely. What I will do is let you know withing the next week or so when I plan to make a visit. She says that her Better business bureau license is all in order, so I will PM you next week.

If this is legit, I will actually need all of your help to get the word out, so that all of us lexus freaks can fix up our cars the way they were supposed to be fixed up
Old 07-19-01, 03:09 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Ditty,

thanks for the reply, and i can't to see this "nice and mysterious lady" who will be getting us lex dudes some good stuff. i just hope that she can be more specifics on our mail responses. if according to her ad that she can only get the pirellis for tyres, then there is more chances are she is legit. because lowenhart's official importer mostly deal w/pirellis tyres only.

look forward to your PM next week.

will
Old 07-19-01, 03:12 PM
Ls400Ditty

check your pm now please
Old 07-19-01, 03:14 PM
Ls400Ditty

will check you pm now please
Old 07-19-01, 03:19 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

ditty,

i double checked the pm, they are not in yet i guess. (i think some donation is in order ). my pm is having slight problem lately.

just in case, my mail is lexusbill@clublexus.com

i will check again now.
Old 07-19-01, 03:44 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Angry

O.K. people! So is this ****** legit or what? How come this individual/company or whatever doesn't take a credit card? That form of payment protects the buyer substantially better than any form of payment on earth!! I want to know the hard core facts on this deal and the so-called seller!!! :eek:
Old 07-19-01, 04:20 PM
Ls400Ditty

LOL TX. I believe that your reservations are similar to everyone elses. Gonna check on it personally and will definately let everyone know within 2 weeks time, so just hang on tight!
Old 07-19-01, 04:32 PM
Ls400Ditty

also, btw i know im new to the forum, so to add to OUR security, gs4will is gonna go with me

so WE will both scout it out and let you all know

Quick Reply: which wheeel would you guys get for the 90 ls 400?