LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Can anybody answer this question for me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-04, 07:24 PM
smooche
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can anybody answer this question for me?

Im 16 years old and I just started driving...

I have a 91 LS400 and I LOVE THAT CAR

just a few days ago i bought a used tornado fuel saver for 15 bucks..so far i have calculated it has saved me about 3-4 bucks every time i fill up and with premium fuel around or over 2 dollars it will save me alot.

But my DADS QUESTION when i first bought it was that if it is so simple and so cheap that why dont all car makers produce them and put them into their cars? He still does not believe me when i show him the stats i calculated. He still rejects the fact that it saves me monery at the pump! Can anyone answer his question?

i mean it seems so simple of a device yet if it is so simple, why dont car makers put them into their vehicles?
Old 06-21-04, 08:01 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Sorry, but I'm going to agree with your dad, he's a smart man. That Tornado Fuel Saver is a scam and doesn't actually work. Numerous independent tests have been done to verify my statement so your stats
must be off.

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/produ...afpr052002.htm

Also, you stated you just bought it a "few days ago but every time you fill up it saves you $3-4 bucks.
How often can you possibly fill up to Full from Empty in a few days? You can only properly test it from a full tank and then down to empty, not by putting in $10.00 worth of gas or so.

Last edited by SharpLS-96; 06-21-04 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-21-04, 08:40 PM
smooche
Driver School Candidate

i drove from ohio to saginaw bay for a baseball tourny and i had to fill up right when i got home
i was running on fumes i was around 20-21 mpg and after drving from school and back and baseball on one full tank it was about 23-24

i read that clame and its probably true but it seems that maybe its helping or maybe it could just be something else causing that?
Old 06-22-04, 05:24 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

It must be something else....the Tornado fuel saver is a joke! Enjoy your LS! & welcome to the club
Old 06-22-04, 09:51 AM
smooche
Driver School Candidate

screw it ill jsut sell it to someone else lol

thanx again you guys
Attached Thumbnails Can anybody answer this question for me?-background.jpg  
Old 06-22-04, 10:03 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Thumbs down Throw that POS away.

Don't waste any more money....or time.....on "Miracle" fuel-saving devices. You may have recently saved some $$$$$ at the pump, but it was not the Tornado device. The best ways to save fuel are to combine trips, drive when the engine is warm (especially in cold weather), avoid stop-and-go driving when possible, keep unnecessary weight out of the trunk, keep the tire pressures up, and of course, go easy on the gas pedal.