Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Anyone using LED parking light bulbs? What Size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 08:44 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I know exactly how my first few months was here in CL. And since you saw the threads, you should've read through them too. You would see people telling me to search. I'll never forget what Kira X said on one of my threads, "SC's have been around for 20 years or so, most likely everything you wanna do or trying to fix on your SC has been done or answered already." Everything else you asked was subjective that's why I'm not speaking on it. Again, there's no attitude or sarcasm, I was pretty much straight forward in saying what I wanted to say.
Still no answer, I rest my case...

Thank You phillip..... i get it.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 03-28-13 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 08:50 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

What a crybaby you're being. Seriously, it's the internet - get over it.

Now, had you been such an 'extreme researcher' you would've noticed that an 1157 bulb, is a DUAL FILAMENT - so, when you're turn's are on, one is flashing or simply 'on' when not being used as a turn signal.

In the first mode on the light stalk, just your DRL's are on - OR nothing at all [year ranges/cars dependant since DRL's were starting to be standard].

In the second mode, it will be the 'parking light' which is the 168 bulb [equivalent to many others], the turn signal's [again, maybe on the DRL part].

The third mode is your low beam's, corner lights, and the parking light...
Old 03-27-13, 08:52 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
What a crybaby you're being. Seriously, it's the internet - get over it.

Now, had you been such an 'extreme researcher' you would've noticed that an 1157 bulb, is a DUAL FILAMENT - so, when you're turn's are on, one is flashing or simply 'on' when not being used as a turn signal.

In the first mode on the light stalk, just your DRL's are on - OR nothing at all [year ranges/cars dependant since DRL's were starting to be standard].

In the second mode, it will be the 'parking light' which is the 168 bulb [equivalent to many others], the turn signal's [again, maybe on the DRL part].

The third mode is your low beam's, corner lights, and the parking light...
DUDE, i didn't ask you and that tells me nothing about LED's that work well in Sc400's.

I retract the question, this is WAY more hassle than it is worth. I will experiment with LED's.
Old 03-27-13, 08:55 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
DUDE, i didn't ask you and that tells me nothing about LED's that work well in Sc400's.
Why post on a public forum seeking advice?

Btw,
Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Is it a 1157A or 168?
Sounds like asking 'in general' to me... and I'm fairly certain I answered in much detail IMO
Old 03-27-13, 09:00 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Uhhmmm what question? Haven't I given you the bulb size already?

Last edited by OG Dada; 03-27-13 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 09:38 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Why post on a public forum seeking advice?

Btw,

Sounds like asking 'in general' to me... and I'm fairly certain I answered in much detail IMO What a crybaby you're being. Seriously, it's the internet - get over it.

Now, had you been such an 'extreme researcher' you would've noticed
Uhhmmm what question? Haven't I given you the bulb size already? ]
I could not imagine two nicer, more helpful guys. Thank you for your help. All the best to you both. Goodnight
Old 03-28-13, 04:36 AM
chiken
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like only part of the question was answered. I just replaced mine a couple of days ago using silvania 168/194/2825 led bulbs from autozone. Kinda pricey at $10 but i they are nice quality. The only problem i ran into was that the body of the bulb was too fat to allow the pins to fully seat in the connector so i had to trim the slots of the connector just a hair for these to work. Just thought i would put in my info on these. If you look for leds in this bulb size online you will see the actual body of the bulbs vary so some may require modification some may not.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using LED parking light bulbs? What Size?-2013-03-28_07-28-54_505.jpg   Anyone using LED parking light bulbs? What Size?-2013-03-27_06-34-47_491.jpg  
Old 03-28-13, 04:51 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chiken
Looks like only part of the question was answered. I just replaced mine a couple of days ago using silvania 168/194/2825 led bulbs from autozone. Kinda pricey at $10 but i they are nice quality. The only problem i ran into was that the body of the bulb was too fat to allow the pins to fully seat in the connector so i had to trim the slots of the connector just a hair for these to work. Just thought i would put in my info on these. If you look for leds in this bulb size online you will see the actual body of the bulbs vary so some may require modification some may not.
Chiken,
Thank you so much for your answer. This is EXACTLY what i was looking for!

Old 03-28-13, 06:07 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for doing in 1 post what the 10 posts prior to yours failed to accomplish. These forums are going downhill fast because people tend to forget how little they knew when they first joined... Myself included.

OP - glad you got your answer.
Old 03-28-13, 07:22 AM
chiken
Rookie

I saw the thread was going no where and I had a couple of minutes before my thermo class started. I found some of the info conflicting when I was searching myself so I can see why the confusion. In the FAQ and DIY section there was a link I believe to a soarer sight that had a nice explanation with pictures as far as the headlights went but the main problem I saw when searching was the bulb fitment. Like I said before, if you search for that bulb in LED you will see many different sizes. The socket for our cars seems to be very deep when compared to others that I have seen which is why I had to trim it down. Other LEDs look like they are thinner and longer, these that I bought happened to have a larger diameter than others that I have seen in the past. Total install time was about 10 minutes in the parking lot just because I had to trim the sockets with some plyers I had in my car.

These bulbs are very bright, I have seen some of the cheaper ebay and online store styles before and they are probably half as bright as these. So if you don't want something that's almost like a miny fog lamp I wouldn't suggest getting these particular ones. I think they look fine with my budget HIDs but if they were next to the factory bulb with yellowing color it may look a little funny, like two sets of headlights.
Old 03-28-13, 07:52 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Thank you for doing in 1 post what the 10 posts prior to yours failed to accomplish. These forums are going downhill fast because people tend to forget how little they knew when they first joined... Myself included.

OP - glad you got your answer.
Oh yeah, definitely, this forum is going downhill because of jerks(like me) teaching the noobs how to use the search button.

I saw the thread was going no where and I had a couple of minutes before my thermo class started. I found some of the info conflicting when I was searching myself so I can see why the confusion. In the FAQ and DIY section there was a link I believe to a soarer sight that had a nice explanation with pictures as far as the headlights went but the main problem I saw when searching was the bulb fitment. Like I said before, if you search for that bulb in LED you will see many different sizes. The socket for our cars seems to be very deep when compared to others that I have seen which is why I had to trim it down. Other LEDs look like they are thinner and longer, these that I bought happened to have a larger diameter than others that I have seen in the past. Total install time was about 10 minutes in the parking lot just because I had to trim the sockets with some plyers I had in my car.

These bulbs are very bright, I have seen some of the cheaper ebay and online store styles before and they are probably half as bright as these. So if you don't want something that's almost like a miny fog lamp I wouldn't suggest getting these particular ones. I think they look fine with my budget HIDs but if they were next to the factory bulb with yellowing color it may look a little funny, like two sets of headlights.
That is true, but I did give him the size of the bulb right from the get-go. Now, if you bought the right size and it didn't fit the socket, that is not anyones fault, but the manufacturer of the said bulb. I also said, that his other questions were subjective, because my definition of bright may be different from his definition of bright, or whatever. If he DID research, he would've seen that there are several kinds of LED's but the LED's itself in each bulb just breaks down to 2 kinds, which is the regular LED one(which is not that bright and usually fails within a few months) and the SMD one which is blinding bright but very very reliable.

For example, if you go to this site; http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/m...r,WLED,21,201: They have about 23 options for that particular size. That's when RESEARCH comes in to place. If he would research like what I was suggesting to do, then he'd get to know better the differences of the bulbs, brightness and so on. But nooooo, people would rather get butthurt or spoon fed first before learning.

If you would've come here and ask, "should I get the bulb size #9 in that website you posted, or bulb size #8?" Then I would've said, "go with the #8 because that would be the most visible(I didn't say brightest, see what I did there?) LED bulb that would fit in ther socket." IF this was the scenario, then I would understand that you already did your RESEARCH elsewhere, and know what you're really asking.

By the way you started your OP, it really looked a lot like you have no idea what you're looking into even before doing the research(like most of your threads). It would be unfair for people like me who take time taking pictures and document everything we do to our SC's, who practically is spoon feeding noobs like you already. Good luck, and again, there's no attitude involved here. We're just grown men talking to each other, like I said, there's only so much that emoticons can do. Catching feelings is for women. Let's leave it at that.
Old 03-28-13, 08:21 AM
AC1984
Rookie

168 or 194
Old 03-28-13, 09:14 AM
chiken
Rookie

BTW that picture of the bulb and LED package I posted above is the stock bulb, not the LED that comes in the package. I didn't get a picture of the LED before I put it in.
Old 03-28-13, 04:33 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Oh yeah, definitely, this forum is going downhill because of jerks(like me) teaching the noobs how to use the search button.

That is true, but I did give him the size of the bulb right from the get-go. Now, if you bought the right size and it didn't fit the socket, that is not anyones fault, but the manufacturer of the said bulb. I also said, that his other questions were subjective, because my definition of bright may be different from his definition of bright, or whatever. If he DID research, he would've seen that there are several kinds of LED's but the LED's itself in each bulb just breaks down to 2 kinds, which is the regular LED one(which is not that bright and usually fails within a few months) and the SMD one which is blinding bright but very very reliable.

For example, if you go to this site; http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/m...r,WLED,21,201: They have about 23 options for that particular size. That's when RESEARCH comes in to place. If he would research like what I was suggesting to do, then he'd get to know better the differences of the bulbs, brightness and so on. But nooooo, people would rather get butthurt or spoon fed first before learning.

If you would've come here and ask, "should I get the bulb size #9 in that website you posted, or bulb size #8?" Then I would've said, "go with the #8 because that would be the most visible(I didn't say brightest, see what I did there?) LED bulb that would fit in ther socket." IF this was the scenario, then I would understand that you already did your RESEARCH elsewhere, and know what you're really asking.

By the way you started your OP, it really looked a lot like you have no idea what you're looking into even before doing the research(like most of your threads). It would be unfair for people like me who take time taking pictures and document everything we do to our SC's, who practically is spoon feeding noobs like you already. Good luck, and again, there's no attitude involved here. We're just grown men talking to each other, like I said, there's only so much that emoticons can do. Catching feelings is for women. Let's leave it at that.
----------------------------

OK! Your ego is starting to get really annoying!
You taught me nothing little fella' and based on what you just showed in the last 24 hours, you never will.
What you did is try to "clown" or embarrass me. In doing so, you clowned and embarrassed yourself.
Re-read your posts and Live with it.

I work in a highly technical field and understand some things most people don't understand. I have NEVER spoken to anyone in that condescending way. If i can help someone I do! PERIOD! If not...... I shut my face.

Your whole premise for calling me out (while pretending to help) is faulty from the start.
You never pointed out the multitude of questions i posted that are in the manual or are easily searchable and justify your feigned exasperation (like i called you up on the phone;-). You just keep repeating it like that makes it magically so.

If you were in my presence and I posed that question generally, you would never SPEAK to me that way, why TYPE to anyone that way? I never find that necessary!

If i pose a question in the future, please know it is not directed at you....... ever!

Go read your older posts over and realize you have now become THAT DUDE!

Last edited by Studiogeek; 03-28-13 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-28-13, 04:40 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

This is a FORUM not your reference library or book.

23 options in a particular size is WHY you ask a HUMAN who has used them what worked well for them. That IS a type of research dude. Shall I point to posts of you asking questions you could search?
I like to read...... AND I like to discuss. You got a problem with that?

You DO KNOW that you are not a MOD right? You are just a member, just like me.

Butthurt, spoonfed? You seriously have no idea who you are dealing with... please ignore my threads.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 03-28-13 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone using LED parking light bulbs? What Size?