Front turn signal bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 01:38 PM
lexman456
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front turn signal bulb replacement

Greetings fellow Lexans,

I am new to this forum but joined due to the frustration in getting consistent information about a bulb replacement procedure. I did a search in the Lighting forum and the 3 links in the LS 400 section but there were no matches. I also reviewed the FAQ's but found no data. I spoke to 3 Lexus dealerships about the process and received 3 different responses.

I have a 99 LS 400 and need procedures for the replacement of the front turn signal bulb. I removed the air cleaner and filter to gain access to the turn signal assembly. Unfortunately, there is no access from the back. The dealerships said that the front headlight assembly does not need to be moved to get to the bulb.

My questions is, how do you remove the turn signal assembly without scratching or cracking the glass on the assembly? Does this procedure require a special Lexus tool? Is this a case where I should pay the dealerhip and not risk damaging the assembly or is this something a DIY'er can do safely? Any feedback you have is welcome or if this topic has been covered on this forum please advise where I can access the information. Thanks in advance for your input.

Lexman456
Old 07-03-08, 05:40 PM
khooper
Driver School Candidate

You will need some tools like a steering wheel puller and a few other tools. Take the cover off the steering wheel and the centre nut from the steering wheel. Use the remover to pull the steering wheel. Take the shroud off of the column and you will be able to see what is holding the switch onto the column. Remove the wiring harness and remove screws for the turn signal switch. There might be a star with a pin in the centre. Put the new switch on and put it all back together.
Old 07-04-08, 02:05 PM
lexman456
Driver School Candidate

Default Tutorial for turn signal bulb replacement

Greetings fellow forum members:

I am still trying to find any information that outlines the process to replace the front turn signal bulbs. I have a 99 LS 400 but I'm sure the generic bulb replacement procedure would apply to most Lexus or Toyota models. If there are any forum members who can help, please respond.

Thanks again,

Lexman