Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

RX 300 clear corners... help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-02, 06:52 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damnit, i wanna change mine now... waiting on my bulbs...

yea, how about that little light in the top corner of the headlamp... i really want to change that bulb... do you guys know what kinda bulb it uses and how to reach that area???

I looked and its blocked..
Old 02-18-02, 08:18 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

I was just showing this to my mom : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=21927 It should be there.
Old 02-19-02, 10:15 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

yea, those little bulbs in the picture of the link that he changed to blue... how do you reach that area and what bulb size is it? i have asked this question before and i dont think i remember getting an answer LOL i dont know...
Old 02-19-02, 10:17 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

hahha disregard my last post, i didn't read waht sleepybobcat wrote... and he explained how to change it... ok, once ifind out the bulb size, imma gonna get some and change it... lol i should read before i post hahah sorry...
Old 02-19-02, 11:09 AM
PlanetAudioRX
Rookie

The next two light upgrades I want to do is change the upper corner lights to blue (like that one guy), I already have my clear sides installed. and I want to take out the orange turn signal shell.
If anyone does those, please tell me if it was difficult.
Old 02-19-02, 02:33 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

I'd also like to get rid of the yellow plastic cup-shield on the front turn signals... I think it is attached to the housing itself, so the only way I can think of is the "crack" it off... crack it slowly, and make sure you clean it out, so there's no more yellow...

I'll have to wait till I have time to remove the bumper to remove the headlights...
Old 02-19-02, 04:16 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I've recently tought about the rear turn signals. It'd be cool to have those clear, like the back-up lights, but light up amber. That for the '99-'00 tail lights. It'd look really good, but I don't know if there is a way to get to that particular lens in such a way to modify it.

-Nick
Old 02-19-02, 07:44 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

For the rear turn signals, it's easy... That's what I did with mine. I don't like the yellow bulb, but I still want it to light up as Yellow color.

You should buy the Philips Silvervision, they are the best and very affordable. Philips Silvervision is completely silver on the bulb, but light up totally yellow color.

I bought it here:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/svoffer.htm

I think it looks nice, I'm going to try it on the fronts soon...
Old 02-23-02, 12:00 PM
malhokc
Pole Position

Cool

Hi guys,

Just got done installing the clear corners. The driver's side is a breeze, but the passenger side, took me 40 minutes. Almost gave up. Smaller hands definately helps. Maybe removing the passenger side tire should give more space to work with. That was my next option, but was able to get to it before that.

Good luck for those that are trying to do the same.

I also replaced the corner bulbs with blue, didn't like them, put the original back on.

Last edited by malhokc; 02-24-02 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-23-02, 09:12 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Yo guys.... What's sup... I am a little late on this thread alot has been said.. Well I am going to get those clear front corners now...
Old 02-27-02, 05:49 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I was going threw the RX gallery and there is "autobacs" on Ebay. What is that??? Is someone trying to plug there product??
Old 02-28-02, 08:32 PM
PlanetAudioRX
Rookie

i posted that pic to show people what he was selling,and what the clear sides look like, and thats his name on ebay. I posted it for fun, no specific reason. and he is the only person that I've seen sell those. Thats where i got mine
Old 03-01-02, 06:53 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I see... I thought someone might have told him about CL and that maybe he could make so loot here.... I think everyone from RX forum with clear corners got them from him... That's where I got mine from..
Old 03-02-02, 08:44 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I've been reading this thread for the last 15 min.. Looking back and fourth for the question I see, Does those clear markers fit on the back too??? I want to do the rear also, I'm not sure if they'll fit... Input?????
Old 03-02-02, 02:33 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

For get my last post.. I just got my clear side markers in.. I was measuring them up to the back and I think they'll fit... I just need to change the yellow light to red.

Oh and another thing I just ordered the Silver color blinkers that light up yellow.. They are going to look good...

Quick Reply: RX 300 clear corners... help