Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Bulb # for 00 ES300...........

Old 02-19-08, 12:52 AM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bulb # for 00 ES300...........

Does anyone know what the bulb # is for the DRL. I want to see if I can replace it with leds from V-leds. I have a listing of what is suppose to be all the bulbs in my car but can't seem to find the one for the DRL. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Old 02-19-08, 08:12 AM
elucid8
Rookie

Sylvania says H3 bulbs. (It's under Fog/Driving Light)

Didn't see any H3 LEDs on v-leds.com to save you some time. I'm going to feel dumb if it's a diff bulb.

Last edited by elucid8; 02-19-08 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-19-08, 10:02 AM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Hey thanks elucid8, No wonder I couldn't find it. Aww bummer yeah they don't have any in H3.
Old 02-20-08, 10:46 AM
elucid8
Rookie

Happened to be browsing v-leds' eBay store today and happened to notice they actually had some H3 LEDs ..and to save you some more time, that's the only size/color they have for H3.
Old 02-20-08, 03:26 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Hey elucid, I just read a post that our DRL bulbs are our HI beam headlight bulbs but running at half voltage. If that's the case there is no led replacement for 9005 bulbs. So I was thinking if this is correct then I should just change my HI beams to yellow since I almost never use my HI beams especially if I'm going HID on the low beams.
Old 02-25-08, 01:21 PM
elucid8
Rookie

I'm no electrician or mechanic by any means, but if that's correct, and it's only that the wires are receiving half voltage (which translates into the bulbs being half-powered), then I'd say I have mixed feelings. I'll admit, I don't have much electrical experience, so I don't know exactly how it reduces the voltage to half, so my advice is almost surely not correct. But I think that if you're using an HID kit in the 9005 socket, you would be using a different wiring harness, one which would not know to power the bulbs to half voltage. In this case, you would lose your foglights.

I would strongly urge you to talk someone more knowledgeable. I am curious to how that would go, as well. And someone feel free to give me a crash-course into how it operates at half the voltage, I'd be grateful.
Old 02-25-08, 02:51 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by elucid8
I'm no electrician or mechanic by any means, but if that's correct, and it's only that the wires are receiving half voltage (which translates into the bulbs being half-powered), then I'd say I have mixed feelings. I'll admit, I don't have much electrical experience, so I don't know exactly how it reduces the voltage to half, so my advice is almost surely not correct. But I think that if you're using an HID kit in the 9005 socket, you would be using a different wiring harness, one which would not know to power the bulbs to half voltage. In this case, you would lose your foglights.

I would strongly urge you to talk someone more knowledgeable. I am curious to how that would go, as well. And someone feel free to give me a crash-course into how it operates at half the voltage, I'd be grateful.
Hey Elucid, you're getting all confused man. Ok here's the break down for ya. Our high beams for the headlights use a 9005 bulb. Our foglights use an H3 bulb.

Ok so here's what I'm going to be doing I think on my wifes high beams I'm going to change that bulb to yellow ones. Or if I want everything to look the same I probably have to get silstar bulbs or Hyper white bulbs.

As for her foglights I have already purchased a HID kit for it with a 2500k bulb which will emit a yellow light instead of white. I like this setup on all my cars I don't know why I just do.

But yeah as far as the high beams running at that different voltage not sure how that works.

Hope this helped clear up some of our confusion.