Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

LED size for map lights and visors for GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 04:45 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default LED size for map lights and visors for GS

I want to put LED's in my visors and the (2)map lights for overhead dome in my 2nd gen GS. What size LED's for these areas? I want to order the correct dimensions.
Old 02-18-07, 04:50 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the map lights are BA-9's I just switched all of my interiors over to LED's this weekend. , I guess not all of them, I didn't do the visors. Thanks Sean, looks like I'll be putting in another order, lol.

Last edited by GREED777; 02-18-07 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-20-07, 02:15 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED in Stereo and A/C

Hi, did you change out the bulbs in the Stereo and A/C unit to LEDs too? I really don't like that greenish color...so old school...

Also, would you happen to have a list of what type of LED replaces which interior bulb?

Thanks.

John
Old 02-20-07, 04:18 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't do the stereo and climate control yet, didn't really have the time. Here is a list of the ones that I reacall.

Footwells - #74
Bottom of doors #194
Back seat reading lights #194
Map lights #BA-9
Dome light # DE3175 or 30x10MM Festoon
License plate bulbs #194
Trunk light #194

I believe the ignition and glove box bulbs were #74 also, but don't quote me on that.
Old 02-21-07, 07:43 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Thanks

Thanks man. Which site did you get this bulb from? I'm looking at this site: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b....16599&next=50

It seems like they have the bulbs for the instrument panel and other LEDs type that you were listing but it didn't seem like the LEDs would be bright enough...

example the map light, BA-9s, from the pic it looks like that LED would only light in a straight direction and no light would be emitted towards us for use. Are you having a problem with your LEDs?
Old 02-21-07, 08:08 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I want to put LED's in my visors and the (2)map lights for overhead dome in my 2nd gen GS. What size LED's for these areas? I want to order the correct dimensions.
I have yet to find a suitable LED to replace the dome light and map reading lights that will do any kind of justice to the output of the incandescent lights. I even tried a custom route and that is not bright enough either.

Good luck finding a bright enough LED for those two locations Sean! I am still interested in replacing mine. Let me know what you find.

Some guys on here did a custom job with one of these in the dome light and the rear map reading lights (not the front map reading lights as there is not enough room to accomodate this LED unit).

URL for the product - http://superbrightleds.com/other_bulbs.htm

Here is another url for more variations on a custom solution: http://superbrightleds.com/festoon.html - look at the "Universal PCB LED lamp kit"

Last edited by Hameed; 02-21-07 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-21-07, 09:00 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default check this out.....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/u-pcb(install).htm
Old 02-21-07, 09:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks for posting that up. I just placed an order for one to try it out in my dome light area.

Last edited by Hameed; 02-21-07 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-21-07, 09:22 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Stereo and A/C LEDs?

Just wondering if anyone could confirm if this type of LED will fit for the Nakamichi stereo and A/C lighting?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/74_t15.htm
Old 02-21-07, 12:22 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
I have yet to find a suitable LED to replace the dome light and map reading lights that will do any kind of justice to the output of the incandescent lights. I even tried a custom route and that is not bright enough either.

Good luck finding a bright enough LED for those two locations Sean! I am still interested in replacing mine. Let me know what you find.

Some guys on here did a custom job with one of these in the dome light and the rear map reading lights (not the front map reading lights as there is not enough room to accomodate this LED unit).

URL for the product - http://superbrightleds.com/other_bulbs.htm

Here is another url for more variations on a custom solution: http://superbrightleds.com/festoon.html - look at the "Universal PCB LED lamp kit"
Hey Hameed. I have the 6 LED festoon for my overhead dome. It is bright and has a hid look inside of the car. Forgot which vendor, but it came from Hong Kong. I have them in the Rav4 too. I will take pics for you to see. I just need the visor and map LEDS to complete the look.
Old 02-21-07, 01:18 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Hey Hameed. I have the 6 LED festoon for my overhead dome. It is bright and has a hid look inside of the car. Forgot which vendor, but it came from Hong Kong. I have them in the Rav4 too. I will take pics for you to see. I just need the visor and map LEDS to complete the look.
Yes, please post up the pics, I would love to see them.
Old 02-21-07, 07:22 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Just ordered the #74 bulb in blue for the footwells.. thanks for the link..
Old 02-21-07, 07:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by RacingLuxury
Hi, did you change out the bulbs in the Stereo and A/C unit to LEDs too? I really don't like that greenish color...so old school...

Also, would you happen to have a list of what type of LED replaces which interior bulb?

Thanks.

John
The list is a "sticky" of all lexus models.. there's definitley one for the GS's..
Old 02-21-07, 09:23 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default cool

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Just ordered the #74 bulb in blue for the footwells.. thanks for the link..

There are three types of #74 LEDs, which one did you get and how was the buying process? I think shipping for even 1 or 2 is $5 right?

Those #74 LEDs with the twist lock base are the ones i'm wondering about if they could replace the bulbs behind the stereo and a/c unit. Has anyone done this?
Old 02-22-07, 06:05 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Here are the pics of the 9 LED's in the dome Hameed. I told you it was a 6 LED prior, but it is indeed 9 LED's.

Quick Reply: LED size for map lights and visors for GS