biglexass
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

madness thats all iamgoing to say.....
Old 08-17-06, 10:02 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good bro. Well done Thanks for giving me the E46 headlights .
Old 08-17-06, 10:25 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, makes me wanna convert mine to tsx now...good job antn!!!
i also would like to delined my lenses.....but.....damn, that is a lot of work...maybe someday you guys can give me a hand !!!

posts more pics....
Old 08-17-06, 11:00 PM
antn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by biglexass
madness thats all iamgoing to say.....
haha. actually, delining the headlights wasnt that bad. took me about no more than an hour to finsh it off. its a ***** polishing it up cause i dont have the rotary buffer. i had to use the rotary buffer at my work

Originally Posted by JamesN
Looking good bro. Well done Thanks for giving me the E46 headlights .
np man. thanks for your old ones now you can see at night

Originally Posted by indypwr
damn, makes me wanna convert mine to tsx now...good job antn!!!
i also would like to delined my lenses.....but.....damn, that is a lot of work...maybe someday you guys can give me a hand !!!

posts more pics....
do it!! its way better. find another set of headlights and ill help you out. its not that bad as people say it is. i was actually surprise that i took out the lines so quick. polishing it is the hard part for me

ill post some more pics when i finsh up the other headlight
Old 08-19-06, 03:03 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

^^It actually took me longer to sand than to polish! what grit did you start at? I began with 400 grit, then went up after i had sanded down the lines. I made the mistake of wetsanding the whole INSIDE of one headlight when I first took it apart. I learned the hard way and had a heck of a time polishing in between those small curves with an electric buffer.
Old 08-20-06, 01:17 AM
antn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hain
^^It actually took me longer to sand than to polish! what grit did you start at? I began with 400 grit, then went up after i had sanded down the lines. I made the mistake of wetsanding the whole INSIDE of one headlight when I first took it apart. I learned the hard way and had a heck of a time polishing in between those small curves with an electric buffer.
i took off the lines with 800, then worked my way up with 1000,1500, then 2000. yea, its pretty hard to use the buffer inside the lens
Old 08-26-06, 01:26 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Ant! Do you wanna put together and mail it out to Philly for me? If so, let me know how much. I gotta be able to see the road while running away from the crack dealers!
Old 08-26-06, 07:33 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

awesome retrofit, the lens look very clean, what type of polish are you using? I don't think I'm getting the best out of my retro...it's the lens...but already delined.
Old 08-28-06, 12:35 AM
antn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by howiedoit
Hey Ant! Do you wanna put together and mail it out to Philly for me? If so, let me know how much. I gotta be able to see the road while running away from the crack dealers!
np, just give me a call when you're ready

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
awesome retrofit, the lens look very clean, what type of polish are you using? I don't think I'm getting the best out of my retro...it's the lens...but already delined.
i just used what i found in my garage. it was turtle wax scratch and swirl remover. i had to use an electric buffer to polish it and make it shiny otherwise it'll be all hazy and cloudy when i try doing it with my hands
Old 09-09-06, 05:30 PM
antn
Lead Lap

all done! been waiting for bulbs to arrive and finally got em. ill get some night shots soon. heres a preview for now. btw..dont mind the black sides imma have it painted soon hopefully.

Old 09-09-06, 10:41 PM
darksparkz
Lead Lap

Looks great! What temperature are those at? Can't wait to see night shots and cut off beam shots.
Old 09-11-06, 01:26 AM
antn
Lead Lap

not sure. its 85122+ from a es330

Old 09-11-06, 04:28 AM
datsetup
Pole Position

Default whats upppp

hey ants whats up well i got the denso ballast and phillips 4300k bulbs.. and boy i can tell you very very bright cut off iss cleann sharp and im very pleased i took a pic against this car so you can see how sharp it is also have a wall shot but my cam is crap i need another one.... but heres some picz also i still need to fix the driver side lower it a bit here tho enjoy....

do you see that blue on that cut off mannnn that blue is so sexy!!!! lmaoo

please forgive me for my crappy cam the cut off is truly sharp *** hell my boys sc430 with tsx lenses isnt as sharp have to see it in person...
Old 09-11-06, 11:20 AM
antn
Lead Lap

nice pictures, better than my phone camera . very clean. i have that same cutoff problem on my passenger headlight. the driver side is clean and straight but the passenger is off a bit. what up with that
Old 01-25-07, 09:47 PM
simann
Pole Position

I am doing this REAL soon. The stock projectors are just not up to standards, but I guess they were back in 95' LOL

So it looks like you just dissasyble the housing and pretty much drill 4 new holes in the backing plate for the old projectors and put it back together eh? Thats more simple than the Civic Si and RSX headlamps I've done in the past!

My brother did an E46 projector retro in his 300zx. Looks OEM but darn are they awsome on the highway and backroads!

-Jonathan Mann

Quick Reply: half done with tsx retrofit on sc