Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Pimp my SC300!!!! Brand spankin new HID retrofit live on Clublexus.com!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-05, 03:21 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

are you wetsanding the lens or drysanding?b/c i need to do something with my headlights and im wondering can i sand it without taking them off the car
Old 11-10-05, 03:26 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Wetsanding wetsanding wetsanding!!!! Hehehe never ever dry sand headlamps that is. Yeah slawek I had to have a lunch break! Almost done eating then its back to work. Told you guys this part takes the longest. If it werent' for this I could have been leaps and bounds finished when it came to the actual retrofit. Hope my Kenwood KVT910 and KNA-dv2100 Navi install doesn't take this long.
Old 11-10-05, 03:31 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sha4000
are you wetsanding the lens or drysanding?b/c i need to do something with my headlights and im wondering can i sand it without taking them off the car
Wait...what do you want to do?
Old 11-10-05, 05:28 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

The show must go on hehe!

Here's the left lense after about 7-8 hours of sanding (has it been that long). MAn my arm is tired. I still have one more to do but I'm going to have to do the compoud now plus the polish.
Hopefully LExAnt can be forgiving and allow me an extra day or two to perfect this. Anyhow lookout for the final shots including cuttoff shots in the next few hours
(Having a partner would be great right about now lol)
Old 11-10-05, 06:09 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Do You Remove????

red circle is what i haveTAKEN off already

green circle is wat i want to TAKE off
Attached Thumbnails Pimp my SC300!!!! Brand spankin new HID retrofit live on Clublexus.com!!!!!-untitled.jpg  
Old 11-10-05, 06:58 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC3005SPD1
red circle is what i haveTAKEN off already

green circle is wat i want to TAKE off
SC, start up a new thread right quick. That way you'll get more responses. I'm about to post up the next shots and when I'm done with this I'll answer your question. It seems like you're also doing a retrofit. What kind of projectors are you installing over there?
Old 11-10-05, 07:16 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Default First Wet-Sanded pics!!!!!!

Now I must ask...is it clear enough for ya? lol

I have one small problem I must disclose. While buffing the sanded area I initially used the wrong pad to buff and placed extra scratches the compound and polish couldn't remove. So back to sanding I must go (I think I can get away with 1000, 1500, 2000, compound then polish thsi time).

Labor of love...yes!!! So look for the official beam shots with this lense sometime later tonight or at best early in the morning.
Back to work I go
Old 11-10-05, 07:43 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

lookin good....
Old 11-10-05, 09:39 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Too bad I don't have that same camera that my supplier had when we took those shots on page one. Anyhow. I managed to snap some up close and personals and some cough bad hid shots (come on its a camera phone) since my phone has horrible auto white balance on its 1.3mp.

Anyhow on with the show

Pic of my TSX projector behind the "newly sanded/cleared SC headlamp lense"

The Valeo (Notice how its beam lining appears to be a tad bit sharper.)

Don't let these pics fool you, both of these projectors are exceptional units with plenty of color on their cuttoff linings, nice spread and excellent forground lighing (even behind the lense!!!)

IMO all this trouble is worth it if you have an SC and would like to or have done an HID retrofit. The comparison of the beam pattern before and aftrer makes the sanded version more superior by far. That's it for tonight. Tune in tomorrow for the climax !!!! Signing off
Mike
Old 11-11-05, 08:49 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Welcome back folks! Its a fabulous Friday morning! Are you excited? I know I am! The weather's partly sunny yet cool here in this part of the country. How about where you are? Well I know inside here, its HOT HOT HOT!! And I'm back with the more details on this Clublexus shocker!!!!

As in the beginning, I'll let the pics do the talking first

Now here's the narrative...

The most important thing I must point out is that the previous retrofitter USED JB WELD to secure the projector!!!!!!! Who uses JB WELD???????? Ok now that that's off my chest I'm going to reveal one of my many methods I use to secure a projector into a headlamp. Each install is a case by case basis so if this one does not work for you then by all means try something else.

With that said, maybe the previous installer thought hey....maybe JB weld works best? I dunno
Anyway back to the situation at hand. I'm going to custom design a special 2 plate setup that's going to sandwhich the projector base to the SC300 bracket (which was the old cylinder projector ground/cut down to the base) with factory aiming points left intact. What that will do is still let LexAnt use the aiming screws in the back to adjust the HID like normal (which is always a good thing)

See where the circle is on that last pic, thats where the sandwhich will line up.

That's it for now. I've got a few errands to run this morning plus I've got the perfect idea of the parts I'll be using (time to go get those) so look for them later this afternoon when I return along with more sexy shots of the newly sanded lenses hehe. Stay tuned
Mike

Last edited by tiguy99; 11-11-05 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-11-05, 10:25 AM
Koma

When are you going to be a vendor... c'mon!!!!
Old 11-11-05, 06:23 PM
AUGuy21
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re:

Tiguy, Lexus should be knocking on your door any day to offer you a job....
Old 11-11-05, 07:21 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Koma
When are you going to be a vendor... c'mon!!!!
Originally Posted by AUGuy21
Tiguy, Lexus should be knocking on your door any day to offer you a job....
Thanks guys. I'm considering becoming a Vendor and then launching a website to support the service. Looks like that's going to be the next direction I take afterall. Thanks for the advice and feedback. Its deeply appreciated!

As for the update, I met up with an old childhood friend today that tracked me down from Myspace (use it if you haven't man its priceless) and ended up stopping by a young lady's place afterward. But anyhow, I'm in for the night and have some plexiglass for the internal mounts that I'll post shots of when I can measure, mark and trim them for installation. I'll get on it tonight and have them ready by the morningish. I also have to make some adjustments to the metal SC300 old projector base to accomate the Valeo (perhaps a few holes drilled for the screws to pass through).

It'll all make sense in the morning. Stay tuned
Old 11-12-05, 05:23 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Thanks guys. I'm considering becoming a Vendor and then launching a website to support the service. Looks like that's going to be the next direction I take afterall. Thanks for the advice and feedback. Its deeply appreciated!

As for the update, I met up with an old childhood friend today that tracked me down from Myspace (use it if you haven't man its priceless) and ended up stopping by a young lady's place afterward. But anyhow, I'm in for the night and have some plexiglass for the internal mounts that I'll post shots of when I can measure, mark and trim them for installation. I'll get on it tonight and have them ready by the morningish. I also have to make some adjustments to the metal SC300 old projector base to accomate the Valeo (perhaps a few holes drilled for the screws to pass through).

It'll all make sense in the morning. Stay tuned
Sweet! I'd buy a retro!
Old 11-12-05, 11:54 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Pics will be up soon. I'm finishing the plexiglass mounts.

Quick Reply: Pimp my SC300!!!! Brand spankin new HID retrofit live on Clublexus.com!!!!!