ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lighting (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lighting-128/)
-   -   LEDs - Wedge Bulb options (2GS & 3GS) comparison (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lighting/127769-leds-wedge-bulb-options-2gs-and-3gs-comparison.html)

bitkahuna 11-03-04 05:13 PM

I had M6's in my wedges and one burned out so I replaced both with M4's. Not at bright but still looks great.

PHML as far as your pic of Henry's lights, they tend to look diff (low beam and wedge) when first turned on, but after about 60 seconds they look VERY similar.

Cadd 11-07-04 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Cadd
For those interested, here's a picture of the Polarg M4 with the OEM HIDs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...postid=1084130

Here is the OEM bulb for comparison

PHML 11-07-04 11:41 PM

Well....i just took a pic of the wedge with my M6 bulb....its still yellowish in my eyes......see pics on top.

Pete

PHML 11-09-04 11:40 PM

My newest LED bulb....

5-LED Matrix Super White
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...atrix_5LED.jpg

This bulb has 1 large focus beam shining in the direction of the bulb....and 4 mini LEDs pointing to the sides.

I had to do some modification to the mini-LED side bulb positionings to get it thru the wedge opening. Luckily...the bulbs still work....(big sigh of relief)!!!!

Pete

EXE.UCF10 11-10-04 12:25 AM

How did I know you were going to give in? :p ;)

PHML 11-10-04 12:43 AM

BR1AN....

At first i was hesitant to try it....and sure enuff....when i got it...it didn't fit the wedge opening....but some bending helped.

Btw....I know u posted up pics of this bulb b4....on ur buddy's car, but pics was not in the GS wedge....so I had to try it.

Anyways....can you somehow move the 5-LED bulb pic up to the top....with the rest of them.

I tried editing that first post....but I got an error message saying i cant add anymore....or something like that....if not....just move this post to the 2nd spot....so that all the wedge pics are organized together.

Thanks bro.

Pete

EXE.UCF10 11-10-04 12:53 AM

Originally posted by PHML
BR1AN....

At first i was hesitant to try it....and sure enuff....when i got it...it didn't fit the wedge opening....but some bending helped.

Btw....I know u posted up pics of this bulb b4....on ur buddy's car, but pics was not in the GS wedge....so I had to try it.

Anyways....can you somehow move the 5-LED bulb pic up to the top....with the rest of them.

I tried editing that first post....but I got an error message saying i cant add anymore....or something like that....if not....just move this post to the 2nd spot....so that all the wedge pics are organized together.

Thanks bro.

Pete

The pics I posted were of my car with LOTB's digicam. I gotta admit the LED's look a lot better in the GS housing. :(

It's not possible to add any more pics to your original post since 10 pics to 1 post is the limit. And I also don't think it's possible to move your post up or down the thread...unless one of the admins know some tricks to it. What you can do though is maybe edit the pics so that you have combinations of 2 as 1 pic or combine them all together and re-post them as 1 huge pic.

PHML 11-10-04 12:57 AM

BR1AN....oh....my bad....thought the pics u posted was from a buddy's car....ooops.

OK...will try to do merge pics tomorrow...

Pete

aloha08isf 11-19-04 03:25 AM

phml,
u deserve props man in making those bulbs fit! and those new led bulbs look like a decent match (in the pics) for the 6000K hids owners....I need to see these in person :)

98sscamaro 01-26-05 12:06 AM

Bellof Arctic White SMD LED (Japan)
I bought these bulbs from pete a whille ago and was wondering if anyone might want to buy them from me. I only used them for about a week. I changed the stock HID bulbs to 6000k and wanted to get bulbs for the wedge that match better.

Chigga 01-28-05 08:51 PM

excuse my lack of knowledge here, when you say Polgar M4, is Polgar a company or its part of the model name???

and where I would find such bulbs? and I read you need to take your front bumpers off to change the bulbs?????

morris 01-29-05 11:17 AM

its a company and you can find them brand new ujp on ebay.

Cadd 01-29-05 03:29 PM

Polarg is the brand.
M4 is the model.
I got them from Ebay.

You do NOT have to take the bumper to change the inner wedge bulbs. It takes about 5 - 10 minutes to change. One side is MUCH harder than the other......limited space for your hands to work with....bring your GF along, her smaller hands may do the job.

rominl 01-31-05 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cadd
Polarg is the brand.
M4 is the model.
I got them from Ebay.

You do NOT have to take the bumper to change the inner wedge bulbs. It takes about 5 - 10 minutes to change. One side is MUCH harder than the other......limited space for your hands to work with....bring your GF along, her smaller hands may do the job.

the pessenger side is easy. the driver side is stupidly hard. defintely need a small hand and still need skills -- and prepare some cuts in the first few tries

Jay Doss 02-01-05 05:28 PM

WARNING!! reguarding LED lights....

Hey guys,
Just got some of the 9 LED bulbs in the mail from e-bay (Velocity LEDs) and I installed them only to realize that since LEDs are a forward projecting light source, they do not illuminate the reflector housing well.... and the fact that they are too long (~1.0cm) means that they are no longer at the focal point of the parabolic reflector where Lexus designed them to be!!!

Both the increased length and the lack of side and rear illumination cause these lights to be severely inadequate. They are indeed bright light sources but when you step back and look at them, that is all they are......small little spots of light.....off set from the center of the dimmly lit inner headlights :cry: and then they seem even dimmer with the HIDs switched on!!

Look at the comparisons on this thread and you can sorta see what I'm referring to.

Hope this helps....think I will get the M4s unless anyone knows of a reason not to (heard the M6s get too hot)

Jay