LFA Model (2012)

What should come with the car

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-16, 09:44 AM
cetro
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What should come with the car

Hi Everyone. I just started looking at the LFA and wanted to find out what should I expect to receive with the car. So far this is the information I have gathered:

2 Keys
Manuals
Car cover
Luggage set

Thanks
Old 11-02-16, 11:12 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have been toying with the idea of getting an LFA myself. From what I gathered in addition to what you listed you MIGHT get a model replica of your LFA (but I do not think this is true as I only heard it from one person only). From the cars I have seen here in Canada a lot of them do not come with everything you listed, hopefully the U.S. owners take better care of keeping all the LFA things with the car :P.
Old 11-02-16, 12:53 PM
Contender
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the acrylic model of the car. I also received a book of pictures of the assembly line (can't remember if it was my specific car or not). I just moved so it may take a while to find the box it came in!!

Good time to buy one - I think prices are only going to go up from here.
Old 11-02-16, 07:08 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Welcome to this board. Great to see another perspective LFA owner. You should also receive the Tumi 2-piece luggage set which has the carbon fiber like weaving on it and LFA embossed on the sides.
Old 11-02-16, 09:49 PM
LFA4Life
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Contender, the booklet is specific to your build. Really neat.

I purchased mine second hand and it didn't come with luggage or acrylic model, but I received both keys, manuals, car cover, build booklet, "LFA-specific" charger, an inspection report from delivery (I think).
Old 11-03-16, 10:21 AM
cetro
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for the information. Now I just have to find the right car.

Does anyone have any leads on never titled car that is still available?
Old 11-05-16, 08:44 AM
cetro
Driver School Candidate

Found a car but missing a few items. Serialized build book, test drive note, hard cover book of LFA history and window sticker.

Would this be a deal breaker?
Old 11-05-16, 11:22 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Originally Posted by cetro
Found a car but missing a few items. Serialized build book, test drive note, hard cover book of LFA history and window sticker.

Would this be a deal breaker?
If you are OK with theses missing, you can negotiate it down quite a bit. Those are important items from a history stand point, if you it to be your collector car for the long term.
Old 11-05-16, 10:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

depends on what you want the car for. if you are about owning it and driving it, i don't think those are critical items

if you are going to make it a garage queen and in 30 years looking for big appreciation then it can be an issue

at this point i highly doubt these missing items will give you much of a negotiating power at all
Old 11-06-16, 03:40 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

You should receive a build book that is specific to your car number with numerous pictures of the stages of the build. You also should get one carbon fiber key, one plain Lexus key, two key-less entry remotes, manual, LFA indoor car cover, LFA branded trickle charger for your battery, an inspection report that is in a big binder full of information of your vehicle which includes logs of your torque specs for the bolts on the vehicle, how much engine oil was put in the car, and many really specific numbers that the Lexus tech writes down when you take your car in to maintenance. Lastly you should get two Tumi Luggage that has your VIN number on each so it is for your car and a LFA Acrylic Model which is pretty heavy. Hope this information helps!

Last edited by CrazyMPG; 11-06-16 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-06-16, 03:55 PM
cetro
Driver School Candidate

If there were two identical cars and one was missing the items I mentioned, how much premium would you pay for the complete car?
Old 11-06-16, 05:52 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
You should receive a build book that is specific to your car number with numerous pictures of the stages of the build. You also should get one carbon fiber key, one plain Lexus key, two key-less entry remotes, manual, LFA indoor car cover, LFA branded trickle charger for your battery, an inspection report that is in a big binder full of information of your vehicle which includes logs of your torque specs for the bolts on the vehicle, how much engine oil was put in the car, and many really specific numbers that the Lexus tech writes down when you take your car in to maintenance. Lastly you should get two Tumi Luggage that has your VIN number on each so it is for your car and a LFA Acrylic Model which is pretty heavy. Hope this information helps!
i got all the above but not the inspection build book. I thought those were propert of Lexus and were kept in storage at their headquarters in Japan. How many owners out there actually received this book?
Old 11-08-16, 03:20 PM
Contender
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Photo book

I received it Sunline.
Old 11-08-16, 10:16 PM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got all, except the luggage set.

Alex
Old 11-13-16, 08:19 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Can one of you guys take a picture of your book and send it to me at kwfreyberger@comcast.net? The dealer I bought mine from does not know where to attempt to locate the build book for me. Hopefully a picture will help.

Quick Reply: What should come with the car