LFA Model (2012)

How many new LFAs are left in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-16, 07:15 AM
sjw72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many new LFAs are left in the US?

Hello everyone,

We are looking for a LFA right now and found a lot of helpful information here, and this is a truly great site! And hopefully I will get to join you guys as a LFA owner if we find the right car.

So far we have talked to one dealer in SC and confirmed that they have an untitled LFA for sale. And based on some quick search online it looks like Lexus of Pembroke Pines have two (although I think someone here said they don't really respond to LFA inquiries), and Lexus of North Hills have one, and we will try to contact those dealers later.

Does anyone know any other dealers have untitled LFAs for sale or at least listed one recently? The regular car shopping sites aren't very useful for the LFA unfortunately.
Old 07-30-16, 12:06 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,424 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Welcome! You came to the right place with a wealth of info on this form. You can read through the ownership experiences, reviews etc.

Have you tried the dupont page? Not a lot of LFAs now available for sale. I read somewhere there are quite a few untitled LFAs that the dealerships are holding for themselves. Not sure if it is true.

Have you checked out these LFAs?

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/lexus/lfa

Old 07-31-16, 07:27 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I was shopping for my LFA, it took me more than one year time visited over 9 LFAs for sale in over 6 cities. Out of the 9 LFAs, only two LFAs were untitles new car around 100miles in odometer. I bought the ROSSO #452 untilted with 105miles...

Seriously, I still don't know how many more of the new untitled LFAs available are out there in the market... The LFAs are kept quite secreatly and conservatively...

I would much love to follow up with the LFAs market condition.

Cheers

A.
Old 08-02-16, 03:12 AM
sjw72
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Welcome! You came to the right place with a wealth of info on this form. You can read through the ownership experiences, reviews etc.

Have you tried the dupont page? Not a lot of LFAs now available for sale. I read somewhere there are quite a few untitled LFAs that the dealerships are holding for themselves. Not sure if it is true.

Have you checked out these LFAs?

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/lexus/lfa
Yes we have, the Dupont page is pretty useless for LFA at this moment, just a few used ones there that's also listed pretty much anywhere else, I have also heard dealerships keeping the LFAs for themselves but looks like some are letting go maybe.

Originally Posted by 9KV10
While I was shopping for my LFA, it took me more than one year time visited over 9 LFAs for sale in over 6 cities. Out of the 9 LFAs, only two LFAs were untitles new car around 100miles in odometer. I bought the ROSSO #452 untilted with 105miles...

Seriously, I still don't know how many more of the new untitled LFAs available are out there in the market... The LFAs are kept quite secreatly and conservatively...

I would much love to follow up with the LFAs market condition.

Cheers

A.
We have been looking around for a while and like you said, the amount of LFAs available is a mystery indeed...and being one of the most refined super car and engineering master piece that it is, it's not being appreciated enough in the Non-Japanese car enthusiast community, but then again, most did not appreciate the beauty and value of the Toyota 2000GT until the recent years either..
Old 08-02-16, 06:43 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sjw72
We have been looking around for a while and like you said, the amount of LFAs available is a mystery indeed...and being one of the most refined super car and engineering master piece that it is, it's not being appreciated enough in the Non-Japanese car enthusiast community, but then again, most did not appreciate the beauty and value of the Toyota 2000GT until the recent years either..
True. There are lots of snobs in the non-Japanese car community regarding the LFA (or even in the Japanese car community). However, when you check the impressions and views of people who drove the car, you will see a stark contrast. Even someone like Clarkson who loathes Lexus as a brand, still calls it "the best car I have ever driven".

Believe it or not, there were 180 Lexus LFAs and LFA NE imported into the US originally. You are right about the dealership. Coincidently, I was at one of my local Lexus dealership to check out and RCF. Low and behold, I see a grey Lexus LFA parked in the dealership with license plates on it. As it turns out, it is owned by the dealership owner and he drives it himself. They said he has no intentions of selling it. In some cases, the dealership owner is willing to let it go, but if they are not hiding those LFAs somewhere in garages.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-02-16 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-12-16, 03:13 PM
CrowleyCar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sjw72
Hello everyone,

We are looking for a LFA right now and found a lot of helpful information here, and this is a truly great site! And hopefully I will get to join you guys as a LFA owner if we find the right car.

So far we have talked to one dealer in SC and confirmed that they have an untitled LFA for sale. And based on some quick search online it looks like Lexus of Pembroke Pines have two (although I think someone here said they don't really respond to LFA inquiries), and Lexus of North Hills have one, and we will try to contact those dealers later.

Does anyone know any other dealers have untitled LFAs for sale or at least listed one recently? The regular car shopping sites aren't very useful for the LFA unfortunately.
Check your private messages.
Old 09-09-16, 07:10 AM
Contender
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alot Less in the US....

.....I personally know of at least 5 cars that were shipped overseas. So while there may have been 180 originally, there are probably 15 - 20 less than that now.

The LFA is more appreciated outside of the US than inside.
Old 09-12-16, 09:49 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Yup, many LFA's sitting inside the dealer is simply owned by the dealer owner and they use it for marketing/brand purposes.

Santa Monica Lexus, California is this case.
Old 09-13-16, 09:43 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Same with one my local dealership Calgary, Alberta. There is a grey LFA that sits in the dealership that is owned by the dealership owner for marketing and drawing crowds in. From what I heard, he drives it very often and has been putting mileage on it for 4 years.

Originally Posted by G Star
Yup, many LFA's sitting inside the dealer is simply owned by the dealer owner and they use it for marketing/brand purposes.

Santa Monica Lexus, California is this case.