LFA Model (2012)

'Ring Ed auction - No reserve

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 06:08 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 'Ring Ed auction - No reserve

Since this is happening local, may need to bust open the piggy bank and go down and place a bid. All jokes aside, I am curious to see what happens with this car. I am planning to take my son to the event. Some of the things that they have going across the block are incredible, this LFA included. I have been to their facility/showroom here in Charlotte and it is like a candy store. They have had this LFA for a while.

http://www.rkmcca.com/car/2012-Lexus...rgring/3013#!/

As a Toyota "fan boy" (make that old man fan boy) I have also had a soft spot for this one-off build. The paint scheme is terrible but the details and workmanship are incredible. And the sound of this thing...!! Also, no reserve.

http://www.rkmcca.com/car/2006-Toyota-Camry/3014#!/
Old 10-29-13, 07:34 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Yeah, that LFA was custom ordered by NASCAR owner Rob Kauffman so it is the only LFA Nurburgring Edition with the custom features he ordered. It is barely broken in so he never really drove it much.

1 of 50 Nurburgring Edition LFAs
4.8L V10 Generating 562 HP
Carbon Fiber Body

1 of 1 Configuration built for NASCAR Team Owner
6 Speedd ASG Transmission
366 Actual/Original Miles

SELLING AT NO RESERVE

In early 2000, Lexus executives decided it was time to add speed to their repertoire by building a limited run supercar. Developed over nine years under codename P280, the end result was the stunning LFA coupe. The Nurburgring Edition, a circuit tuned variant, appeared in 2012. With only fifty produced, it is one of the most exclusive, expensive and impressive cars to ever come out of Japan.

Despite an absolutely endless array of interior options, Lexus opted to limit exterior choices to four colors on the Nurburgring Editions: Matte Black, Gloss Black, White and Orange. White is Japan’s traditional racing color, so it makes sense that this Japanese supercar wears a glossy coat of Whitest White. Under that paint, a carbon fiber body has been fashioned with the sole intent of cutting through air as quickly as possible.

At the heart of the LFA is a hand built 72-degree 4.8L V10 producing 562 hp and 354 lb. ft. of torque. That power translates to 3.6 second 0-60 times and 11.4 second quarter mile runs right off the showroom floor. Developed exclusively for the LFA, there is no other engine in the Toyota family that resembles the 1LR-GUE. In many ways, it functions like two 5-cylinder engines. Each bank of cylinders receives its own airflow path complete with its own mass air flow sensor and air box. The plenum box is divided internally and sits on top of ten independent throttle bodies. Lexus engineers wanted to the LFA to sound like a F1 car and it’s safe to say they achieved that. Toyota engineers have been cited as calling it the “roar of angels”.

Backing the V10 is a rear-mounted six-speed Automated Sequential Gearbox operated with paddle-shifters. To tailor the driving experience, there are four pre-programmed settings: auto, normal, sport and wet. Drivers can also opt to override the system and go fully manual if the opportunity arises. Power is sent to the road though a Torsen limited slip differential that turns a set of 20 inch forged aluminum BBS wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza tires.

Depress the recessed door handle and a fully customized interior awaits you. Lexus provided buyers the opportunity to choose the color and texture of nearly every piece in the car so finding two completely alike is highly improbable. The lightweight bucket seats are wrapped in red Alcantara as is the console, carbon fiber steering wheel and door panels. Black Alcantara covers the dash and headliner.

There are carbon fiber accents throughout as well. Being a Lexus, there is naturally a fair amount of technology at play in the cabin. In the center of the console, the Remote Touch controller interface operates a plethora of features including the stereo, navigation system, back up camera and even personalized vehicle settings. Adding to the vehicle is the fact that this LFA is a 1 of 1 color/option Nurburgring Edition built for NASCAR Team Owner Rob Kauffman by Toyota.

Only time will tell if the LFA is a one-time excursion for Lexus or the beginning of a lasting performance legacy. Either way, it is one of the most impressive looking and performing Japanese sports cars ever created.

Anticipated Sale Price: $500,000.00 to $600,000.00
Old 11-02-13, 11:05 AM
Contender
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good news for all LFA owners....

.....this car supposedly sold for $505,000 at the gavel which means with buyers premium it was probably around a $550,000 car !! Not bad performance !!!
Old 11-02-13, 03:31 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Yup, $505k. I was there when they dropped the hammer. Bidding started at $500 and there were no takers. Dropped it to a first bid of $300k and it went up from there. Pretty cool to see that car again.

On a separate note, the NASCAR Camry (link above) only went for $70k. I am kicking myself that I didn't register as a bidder. That is a steal for what is in that car.
Old 11-02-13, 07:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

So $505K for the LFA?? Not too bad considering it is a used car (albeit only 363 miles). Thanks s much for the update.

I am surprised as well at the NASCAR race car Camry going for only $70k. I woud have guessed something north of $100k.

Originally Posted by weswork
Yup, $505k. I was there when they dropped the hammer. Bidding started at $500 and there were no takers. Dropped it to a first bid of $300k and it went up from there. Pretty cool to see that car again.

On a separate note, the NASCAR Camry (link above) only went for $70k. I am kicking myself that I didn't register as a bidder. That is a steal for what is in that car.