LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-11, 06:59 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
The key thing here is 'when the car is not being used'. How do we know whether they drive the LFAs or not? I am sure Lexus did not expect many LFAs are used daily drivers. It also depends on where you work/live. It might not be a good idea to be seen driving this car so often.
I would not call LFA in the Lexus showroom invisible, given the traffic there is generally very high if you included the service customers. As you could see on some threads here, once the words are out, more people showed up just to see the car.
A typical active exotic owner puts about 5,000 miles on their exotic car(s) a year. Key word is active. A friend of mine has a 08 Scuderia and the Las Vegas dealer told us while we were there that they would discount his car $25k if he went over 5,000 miles on an 08 car. This is entirely because he's competing against cars with no miles. How is that helpful to anyone who's actually interested in driving their car? Keep in mind this is already on top of a car that depreciated like a stone when you factor in the over sticker prices charged for those first Scuderias.

While some here may think the dealer-owner-shrine is cool, to me there is nothing more detrimental to other LFA owners. In fact the other LFA owners would have been far better off if there was one less car in the market.
Old 06-26-11, 07:36 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TommyJames
A typical active exotic owner puts about 5,000 miles on their exotic car(s) a year. Key word is active. A friend of mine has a 08 Scuderia and the Las Vegas dealer told us while we were there that they would discount his car $25k if he went over 5,000 miles on an 08 car. This is entirely because he's competing against cars with no miles. How is that helpful to anyone who's actually interested in driving their car? Keep in mind this is already on top of a car that depreciated like a stone when you factor in the over sticker prices charged for those first Scuderias.

While some here may think the dealer-owner-shrine is cool, to me there is nothing more detrimental to other LFA owners. In fact the other LFA owners would have been far better off if there was one less car in the market.
I don't disagree with what you've said, but how do we know the dealer owners are not putting miles on their cars? Just because the picture showed the car is roped off in the showroom, it does not mean it will remain there 365 days , does it?
I do in fact think it is very cool for dealer owners to be able to use the LFAs in a way that would benefit their businesses. Instead of trying to keep the LFA with ultra low milage for good resale value, I would use it to generate additional income that will offset any depreciation. Now imagine if I can generate an extra 400K due to this, my LFA would get 15K miles per year ...
Old 06-26-11, 07:49 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

I don't disagree with what you've said, but how do we know the dealer owners are not putting miles on their cars? Just because the picture showed the car is roped off in the showroom, it does not mean it will remain there 365 days , does it?
I do in fact think it is very cool for dealer owners to be able to use the LFAs in a way that would benefit their businesses. Instead of trying to keep the LFA with ultra low milage for good resale value, I would use it to generate additional income that will offset any depreciation. Now imagine if I can generate an extra 400K due to this, my LFA would get 15K miles per year ...
Read the photo caption, it says, "permanent" display.
Old 06-26-11, 08:08 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Read the photo caption, it says, "permanent" display.
You are joking right?
Old 06-26-11, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

You are joking right?
i don't know, OP can comment if he wants

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...golden-co.html
"LFA On PERMANENT Display In Golden, CO"`
Old 06-26-11, 08:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

The key thing here is 'when the car is not being used'. How do we know whether they drive the LFAs or not? I am sure Lexus did not expect many LFAs are used daily drivers. It also depends on where you work/live. It might not be a good idea to be seen driving this car so often.
I would not call LFA in the Lexus showroom invisible, given the traffic there is generally very high if you included the service customers. As you could see on some threads here, once the words are out, more people showed up just to see the car.
the words out on clublexus compared to impact as a whole i say is pretty small. clublexus is big but not that big imho.

and you probably missed the thread in car chat about people commenting lexus dealership being quiet lately not an indication at all. but then on the other hand, you said it, people come in for services, those are lexus owners already. to spread a brand, it's more about telling other people. well, my 2 cents. i agree it's better than keeping in the garage and not let anyone see it, but with the lfa on the floor, logic tells me it probably won't go in and out of the dealership glass that often.

15k for you every year (that's even more driving than i do in my car), that's awesome! but i guess if we have to talk about value, that's just about the same as what tommy pointed out, even if the dealership owners are putting 5k a yr, creating 10k discrepancy (using the example of 08 scud and 5k a yr vs collectors' no miles)
Old 06-26-11, 12:19 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Some of you are missing the point entirely.
This is always your favorite fallback. It'd probably be useful if you realized that we're dismissing your points - not missing them - especially when we actually say why we are.

Originally Posted by rominl
the words out on clublexus compared to impact as a whole i say is pretty small. clublexus is big but not that big imho.
... but that's why putting a car on display at a dealership is a big deal, because the impact of that is on the public - not just on Club Lexus. When I put all my pictures, stories, videos, etc. on this forum, that really is just "stuff out on Club Lexus". When the car's at the dealership, then a fuller marketing impact can be realized. Just take for example last year during the dealer convention when P014 showed up at Lexus of Henderson for 2 hours and a bunch of random people showed up at the dealership just to see it. That wasn't a Club Lexus thing, that was a public thing, and that's the sort of marketing the LFA can do even when it's just being displayed at a dealer.

In any case, I strongly suggest that these 20 or so recent irrelevant posts in this thread be moved elsewhere, since they have nothing to do with the Lexus LFA list/registry members here are trying to maintain. These repeated attempted hijacks are getting old.
Old 06-26-11, 06:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by gengar
This is always your favorite fallback. It'd probably be useful if you realized that we're dismissing your points - not missing them - especially when we actually say why we are.

... but that's why putting a car on display at a dealership is a big deal, because the impact of that is on the public - not just on Club Lexus. When I put all my pictures, stories, videos, etc. on this forum, that really is just "stuff out on Club Lexus". When the car's at the dealership, then a fuller marketing impact can be realized. Just take for example last year during the dealer convention when P014 showed up at Lexus of Henderson for 2 hours and a bunch of random people showed up at the dealership just to see it. That wasn't a Club Lexus thing, that was a public thing, and that's the sort of marketing the LFA can do even when it's just being displayed at a dealer.

In any case, I strongly suggest that these 20 or so recent irrelevant posts in this thread be moved elsewhere, since they have nothing to do with the Lexus LFA list/registry members here are trying to maintain. These repeated attempted hijacks are getting old.
sure we can stop that discussions right here, but my point still stands that the effect of the in dealerships is far less than it's on the road. and that's all i was trying to come across in my previous post
Old 06-29-11, 11:52 AM
Indusor
Driver School Candidate

LFA spotted in Columbus, Ohio at the Easton dealership. Apparently they took delivery of it a few weeks ago and it's been sitting in the showroom. No idea what # it is, sorry. I didn't have my camera with me either, but I may go back with a dSLR and try to take some nice photos. Do you think they'll let me take a look inside the car if I ask them? Absolutely beautiful car, first time I've seen it in person =)

Pearl gray
Light premium metallic wheels
Red calipers
Red Leather Steering Wheel

These photos are from the dealership's Facebook page. The photos don't show it, but behind the car there is now a big display with the letters L F A
Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported-feu1n.jpg

Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported-gzs9e.jpg

Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported-wz19t.jpg

Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported-nsglg.jpg

Last edited by Indusor; 06-29-11 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-29-11, 01:04 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

#90 went to Maryland, Len Stoler Lexus in Owings Mills, MD. I think it's Pearl White, not sure. http://yfrog.com/h0ckcigj
#95 is Pearl Brown, being delivered today. Not sure to where. It sure looks like deliveries are back up to speed, though.

I pulled these two off the following twitter:

http://twitter.com/Cooney66

Think he might be one of the East PS'.

Last edited by gengar; 06-29-11 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-29-11, 04:23 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

brown LFA with orange interiors, yellow calipers, and gunmetal rims showed up at 4am at a lexus dealer in MA (will not disclose any further info)
Old 06-29-11, 04:31 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Come on Wong!

Is it for Herb Chambers?

He has an F1 to park the LFA next to.

This is the second brown one (which surprises me quite a bit).

Please comment on the orange interior with the brown (I would guess it is another barf pick)?

Based on the colors, I take it back, Herb would not go with that color scheme.

Last edited by S2000toIS350; 06-29-11 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-29-11, 04:39 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Come on Wong!

Is it for Herb Chambers?

He has an F1 to park the LFA next to.

This is the second brown one (which surprises me quite a bit.

Please comment on the orange interior with the brown (I would guess it is another barf pick)?

Based on the colors, I take it back, Herb would not go with that color scheme.
i can't disclose personal info to who owns it etc....but yeah when i saw a brown lfa, i literally regurgitated in my mouth, but i still had to snap pics......from the previous unveilings at other lexus dealers with the mob scene, we had the transport come at 4am, quarantined the area off, and hid the lfa in the shop. after the pdi, we cautioned taped around the lfa and put it under the car cover.
Old 06-29-11, 04:51 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks Wong

After I replied to you, I saw the pics from the Lexus employee that Gengar provided a link to.

The interior does not look orange in those shots.

The orange is like a Florida orange. There was a prototype in the Middle East painted gray with an orange interior. That car was fantastic.

I am originally from MA and that is why I guessed Herb.

The 4 AM thing is kind of funny because none of the Lexus shops in MA are in high population density urban centers where a delivery would cause a big ruckus.
Old 06-29-11, 06:24 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Thanks Wong

After I replied to you, I saw the pics from the Lexus employee that Gengar provided a link to.

The interior does not look orange in those shots.

The orange is like a Florida orange. There was a prototype in the Middle East painted gray with an orange interior. That car was fantastic.

I am originally from MA and that is why I guessed Herb.

The 4 AM thing is kind of funny because none of the Lexus shops in MA are in high population density urban centers where a delivery would cause a big ruckus.
just taking necessary precautions

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported